Give Gazza a job Walter

andyboy66

thats right turn our back when one of our own needs help.

In what way M?

i just feel we should at least try something to help him, even getting him to scout for players just try something, and if that fails at least we tried.

I don't think you understand the depths of his problems mate.

No one is turning their back on him.

I'd love to have him at Ibrox in some capacity I really would.

But he has demons to shake that no job can overcome.

I said it previously when he 1st got sectioned that I fear it's too late for him.

That wont be solved by us, his family or anyone sadly.

Overcoming psychological problems and a dependency on drugs and drink at this stage isn't going to happen.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what its worth, heres my view.

We should support Paul at this time, and a tough time it is. Im not a doctor, but I would like to see Rangers talk to the professionals and ask what would be the best course of action. If as a club we can help, great, if advised not to get involved, then thats fine.

They, ultimately know the way forward for Paul. I dont know what road that is, I just hope it works.

In what way M?

i just feel we should at least try something to help him, even getting him to scout for players just try something, and if that fails at least we tried.

I don't think you understand the depths of his problems mate.

No one is turning their back on him.

I'd love to have him at Ibrox in some capacity I really would.

But he has demons to shake that no job can overcome.

I said it previously when he 1st got sectioned that I fear it's too late for him.

That wont be solved by us, his family or anyone sadly.

Overcoming psychological problems and a dependency on drugs and drink at this stage isn't going to happen.

You put it very well, mate, sad but I have to agree 100% with you.

In what way M?

And if it fails he is even more likely to kill himself. But at least we tried eh...

minstral, Gascoigne is mentally ill. He's on a fast track to death and he's gone beyond anything that anyone can do outside medical/psychiatric treatment to help him.

The only thing left for him, aside the inevitable, is 24/7 supervision in a mental health institution, such as the Priory. But that has to be voluntary.

Your right Danny.

A doctor can commit you in-voluntarily but I think he can only hold you for 48 hours before you can check yourself out.

Short of the Mental Health act, we're powerless. Gascoigne needs friends/family to order him to go to the Priority (or similar) - but his stay length is up to him and therein lies the problem.

The only way he'd willingly stay in such a place would be the day he's no longer compus mentus and finds himself in a psych ward incapable of looking after himself at all. More than likely as a result of being sectioned.

The big problem is that Football is all that Gazza knows, his life revolved around football, supplemented by fishing and without being flippant here, bampottery, lets face it on the whole everybody laughed at what he got up to. Now the football is over he has been left with is the free time to do as he thinks he always could and get away with it, now unfortunatley I don't think he knows right from wrong (i ain't no expert, just going by what i have read). At a time like this he needs a support network of people close to him, from what i can gather he does not have that, perhaps people like Walter, Ally and Rangers in general can help Gazza through this. We talk of the Rangers family, you simply cannot turn your back on one of your own because they do something you don't like.

The big problem is that Football is all that Gazza knows, his life revolved around football, supplemented by fishing and without being flippant here, bampottery, lets face it on the whole everybody laughed at what he got up to. Now the football is over he has been left with is the free time to do as he thinks he always could and get away with it, now unfortunatley I don't think he knows right from wrong (i ain't no expert, just going by what i have read). At a time like this he needs a support network of people close to him, from what i can gather he does not have that, perhaps people like Walter, Ally and Rangers in general can help Gazza through this. We talk of the Rangers family, you simply cannot turn your back on one of your own because they do something you don't like.

No one's turning their back, but we're limited in how we can help him without trivialising the matter.

If we gave him a job it would end in tears one way or another I'm sad to say. However I do think he needs guys like Smith, Coisty and Durrant round about him or close by. Maybe if he moved back to Scotland he would have a good social network and support system. I'm sure his 'family' as he referred to the guys at Rangers would rally round in some way.

No one's turning their back, but we're limited in how we can help him without trivialising the matter.

Perhaps we are limited Danny, but we should try to do something, it surely must be better than sitting back and letting the poor man rot away.

Sad as the situation is, you can't just use the old boys network and offer him a job, he has to, like anyone deserve a job in the first place, just because he played for us, just because he was loved by the fans and he loved the club, that doesn't give him or the management at Rangers the right to give him a job. He has to decide whether or not he wants to live and get himself out of the psychological quagmire that he is in. He has to want to rebuild his life, once he takes that step then maybe friends and family will be able to help him, not before.

We're talking about what Rangers should do for him, well what about Newcastle? He did release "Fog on the Tyne" at one point, why don't they offer him a job. When George Best became a raving alcoholic and needed operation to save his life but he continued to drink, why didn't Man U give him a job?

The reason being, it is a sad fact of life that things like this happen, but the responsibility lies with the individual to sort themselves out, not anyone elses.

I don't think intervention by some of his mates at the club could make things worse, and like dummiesoot said, i'm no expert.

Family and friends are always needed in times of crisis and Paul is certainly in crisis at this moment in time.

He used to be really close to Jimmy Five Bellies but had a fallout, does anyone know whether they made it up. Obviously Paul's problems have been well documented, but what with Cheryl, Jimmy, et al, all disappearing from his life, the guy seems completely lost.

If sectioning him is the only answer then someone has to bite the bullet and make the decision to do that.

And i tell you all something else for f*ck all, if the worst does happen and we lose him,if any of those dirty unwashed bastards round here say one word about him, they're f*cking having it.

No, i'm no internet hard man, i'm a 45 yr old fat f*cker form Bolton who fosters kids, but even i have a breaking point.

I think maybe when walter and ally came back he could have been given a role. I think the stability of coming into work everyday having a purpose would do him good

Did he not have that at Boston mate? and got sacked for drinking on the job.

That was at Kettering.

I don't think intervention by some of his mates at the club could make things worse, and like dummiesoot said, i'm no expert.

Family and friends are always needed in times of crisis and Paul is certainly in crisis at this moment in time.

He used to be really close to Jimmy Five Bellies but had a fallout, does anyone know whether they made it up. Obviously Paul's problems have been well documented, but what with Cheryl, Jimmy, et al, all disappearing from his life, the guy seems completely lost.

If sectioning him is the only answer then someone has to bite the bullet and make the decision to do that.

And i tell you all something else for f*ck all, if the worst does happen and we lose him,if any of those dirty unwashed bastards round here say one word about him, they're f*cking having it.

No, i'm no internet hard man, i'm a 45 yr old fat f*cker form Bolton who fosters kids, but even i have a breaking point.

It would be an internet square go if those mhanky bastirts came on here.

I'd give him my bed and sleep in the bin shed if I thought it'd help in any way.

The fans love him, absolutely no denying that.

But affection from those that remind him of better times isn't what he needs

He needs to be taken in to 24 hour care against his wishes. Nothing and I really do mean nothing else is going to save him now.

Gazza could be saved and can redeem himself if he walks the path to enlightenment as a Muslim.

Gazza, you would be welcome to the faith of Islam and by doing so and following the tenets - you will become a peaceful, loving, moral and better person.

In sh'a allah.

Gazza could be saved and can redeem himself if he walks the path to enlightenment as a Muslim.

Gazza, you would be welcome to the faith of Islam and by doing so and following the tenets - you will become a peaceful, loving, moral and better person.

In sh'a allah.

What the fuck are you talking about?

In sh'a allah.

Funny you should say that WB, i have been watching and listening to stuff on the amount of Muslims converting to Christianity recently. Apparently it's a rapidly growing movement.

I think Gazza is better of staying with my bloke don't you?

In sh'a allah.

Funny you should say that WB, i have been watching and listening to stuff on the amount of Muslims converting to Christianity recently. Apparently it's a rapidly growing movement.

I think Gazza is better of staying with our bloke don't you?

No I don't. He needs salvation and moral fortitude and he can get this with Islam and reading the Qu'ran. We are all brothers together, but, he needs to dramatically chnage his lifestyle and values - he can do this under Islam with the correct clerical guidance and support.

In sh'a allah.

I think Gazza is better of staying with our bloke don't you?

'our' bloke? Muslims aren't allowed to support Rangers?

Personally I think Buddhism would be a better one to try. Thats true spritualism and calm that he needs in his life. Not trying to be funny or anything just think he could do a lot worse than try religion and personally I think Buddhisms the one with the soundest teachings as religions go anyway....

In sh'a allah.

This is the self righteous bs which causes religion to be such a scourge on society. It's supposed to be about people being nice to one another but I don't see a lot of that. I see a lot of God fearing worshippers hating other God fearing worshippers because they don't fear the right God.

Why is religion a competition.

/rant over.

Personally I think Buddhism would be a better one to try. Thats true spritualism and calm that he needs in his life. Not trying to be funny or anything just think he could do a lot worse than try religion and personally I think Buddhisms the best.

I really don't like folk saying one religion is better than another. No offence.