Give Gazza a job Walter

andyboy66

I've since recieved a couple of PM's from Mr Allah trying to justify his comment. His rants have no place on this thread whatsoever

Now I couldn't care less about religion, I'm a devout atheist and comments like his only streangthen my beliefs.

Seconded. I rather be in Paul Gasgoine's state of mind than his.

I am in rare agreement with you Briton. (tu)

If you had ever been exposed to serious mental illness, neither of you would trivialise it in such a blase manner.

I'm not trivialising it you sanctimonious *****. I have also been exposed to mental illness Mr Knowall.

Then you've gone down incredibly low in my estimation you total ****.

I'll ask the next schizophrenic I meet if he/she'd rather be religious than schizophrenic.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've since recieved a couple of PM's from Mr Allah trying to justify his comment. His rants have no place on this thread whatsoever

Now I couldn't care less about religion, I'm a devout atheist and comments like his only streangthen my beliefs.

If you had ever been exposed to serious mental illness, neither of you would trivialise it in such a blase manner.

I sure as hell am not trivialising it. You know fuck all about me or my past.

So you'd rather be mentally ill than religious? Sound like trivialisation.

Very few topics or views anger me, but this one from you and 'Briton' is up there.

'OUR' as in Jesus, as in Christianity. Where in that bit did i say Muslims aren't allowed to support Rangers FFS?

I know what you said. I ask again - is Rangers exclusive to Christianity. As in Christianity is the faith of the club? The way you put it made Muslims sound very unwelcome as if their God is a lesser God than yours.

Which is exactly the point I made in another post.

No Danny those are not my feelings at all. I have two neighbours who are Muslim and send them Eid cards twice a year (yes there are 2 Eids or 'christamasses' in Islam). One of the best things about supporting Rangers is the fact there are no exclusions, not even our so called most hated enemy 'the catholic'. I have always believed Rangers to be an all inclusive club, regardless of colour or creed.

I mentioned earlier that i foster children, at the moment i have two lads, one aged 14, who is a nominal catholic but attends a protestant school and the other lad aged 11, who is nominally protestant and attends a catholic school.

They both wear Rangers shirts when they're out playing and both look forward to getting the Gers stuff i bring back when i've been to Ibrox.

Sorry if my post came across in that way, i am Protestant yes, but i'm no bigot.

Sound as a pound m8.

Very few topics or views anger me, but this one from you and 'Briton' is up there.

Couldn't give a flying fuck what angers you. Plenty of your views and posts anger me/piss me off.

Well, Im a Christian, not a very good one I know. But we surely should come together here, regardless of chosen faith.

I respect everyone's view, even when I dont agree with it.

So lets keep things in perspective and respect each other's views.

Most often, a faith isn't "chosen" but defined by family background, but I fully accept your respectful sentiments.

We'd all love to see Gazza well and happy but we may differ on how that would be best done. I feel there has to be a massive sea change in his attitude from within. He has to learn want things from life in order to start building a life.

Funnily enough a tim mate of mine told me today that Gazza was coming back to Rangers.

but then again he also told me that Laudrup was coming back to coach the youth team!

i would love Gazza to come back to rangers in some capacity, but i have to say that i think his physical and mental health are much more important than him coming back to the club.

could possibly give him a "get yourself sorted and we have a place for you here" kind of deal.

whatever happens with him, i hope he eventually gets well.

the man is a legend in the true sense of the word (tu)

Well, Im a Christian, not a very good one I know. But we surely should come together here, regardless of chosen faith.

Very well said Coops

Couldn't give a flying fuck what angers you. Plenty of your views and posts anger me/piss me off.

Good for you. Could you possibly keep on topic now?

Most often, a faith isn't "chosen" but defined by family background, but I fully accept your respectful sentiments.

We'd all love to see Gazza well and happy but we may differ on how that would be best done. I feel there has to be a massive sea change in his attitude from within. He has to learn want things from life in order to start building a life.

It has to come from within Oleg, absolutely true. I hope he finds the strength.

Maybe I’m being unchristian if I’m allow to say that, but Gascoigne was more than amply paid during his time at Ibrox therefore why should Rangers be the club to give him a job did he not also play for Newcastle, Tottenham, Lazio, and England why not ask them to give him a job

The only person that can help Paul Gasciogne is himself

thats right turn our back when one of our own needs help.

In what way M?

i just feel we should at least try something to help him, even getting him to scout for players just try something, and if that fails at least we tried.

Should Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio or even Everton or Boro be as forthcoming with help as well as us?

I think it's something the 'footballing community' has to look at, not Rangers (or any other club) alone. He's one of the best British players ever, ability wise probably THE best, the lack of help from down South has been more saddening than anything Rangers have or have not done.

IMO, of course.

thats right turn our back when one of our own needs help.

In what way M?

i just feel we should at least try something to help him, even getting him to scout for players just try something, and if that fails at least we tried.

Should Newcastle, Spurs, Lazio or even Everton or Boro be as forthcoming with help as well as us?

I think it's something the 'footballing community' has to look at, not Rangers (or any other club) alone. He's one of the best British players ever, ability wise probably THE best, the lack of help from down South has been more saddening than anything Rangers have or have not done.

IMO, of course.

There is no role in Football for Paul Gascoigne until he gets help.

He has lost his ability and his head isnt right

What could he offer a club?

I'll ask the next schizophrenic I meet if he/she'd rather be religious than schizophrenic.

You don't need to use asterisks with me Danny. Unlike you I wont wet my knickers and I don't have a peaked cap to put on. I wasn't just referring to the fact that he was religious Mr fucking knowall.

BTW...I didn't know that Gascoigne had been diagnosed as schizophrenic...when was that?

I think the last thing Rangers, as a football club, trying to nurture young talent and trying to improve on and off the field, need would be Gazza having any position in the club and the last thing Gazza needs would be the publicity and the spotlight that would be forced on him.

First and foremost he needs long term professional help-- all the sympathy and mollycoddling in the world will not help his problems, as has been proven for many years and has come to a head in the last few years.

The suggestion is a nice sentiment but way off the answer.

I think the last thing Rangers, as a football club, trying to nurture young talent and trying to improve on and off the field, need would be Gazza having any position in the club and the last thing Gazza needs would be the publicity and the spotlight that would be forced on him.

First and foremost he needs long term professional help-- all the sympathy and mollycoddling in the world will not help his problems, as has been proven for many years and has come to a head in the last few years.

The suggestion is a nice sentiment but way off the answer.

Common sense.

Gazza has been deteriorating for years, how somebody close to him never seen this coming is a mystery. I don't know when he done the china documentary but that was a cry for help if ever i've seen one. As for a job at Rangers, i don't think it would be the best thing for him or the club. If his head was together and he didn't come with all this baggage then I'm in no doubts that he would have had a lot to offer either our first team, reserves or the boys. I fear that Gazza's problems have been discovered too late. I hope he gets better, I idolised him when he was here but I also lost some respect for him when he battered his wife, i suppose all the signs were there for us all to see that this genius was on the slippery slope.

IMHO Paul Gascoigne is one of the greatest ever players that has ever graced the game and I do believe that if he got his act together he could maybe offer something. However I remember someone saying recently players such as Gazza were so special and gifted it came natural and may not be able to pass their ability on as they themselves can't understand what they have got...

He defo needs help but been thinking that Walter and such are not the immediate answer. He needs professioal help and not just some shyster shrink gettin inside his head. He needs the short sharp treatment to get the drink thing under control then somebody should get him back into the game in some coachin thing. Nobody better to be involved with youngsters than Gazza after all in his head he's still one himself ! :sherlock:

he collapsed drunk in London at the weekend again and was taken to hospital in a wheel chair but later dismissed himself. His sister is pleading with people not to buy Gazza a drink. He needs serious help but he also has to want to be helped. Its horrible watching him self destruct like this

I wonder who in their right mind would buy Gazza a drink : doh :

It's like giving Bin Laden a passenger filled plane!

I wouldn't be too worried about giving Bin Laden the plane...he gets others to sacrifice their lives.