Divided Support

minstral

Life changes, people change, fans change....to expect the Rangers of the 60's to be the same as the Rangers of 2008 is ridiculous. Life moves on...people and cultures evolve and change...sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse...but nothing ever ever lasts forever...that's life i'm afraid!

The Rangers of 2048 will also be a very different one to the Rangers of today..as will Britain, Germany, Europe and life in general. You have to adapt to change even if you don't like those changes as if you don't then you will just get left behind. All you can do is try and influence those changes for the better. If you just sit there stuck in your old ways, thinking about the good old days then you will live and die a very bitter person, stuck in a world where you don't want to belong.

Very well said! (tu)

thank god i dont mix with some of you fans that would sell the club and its fans down the river,plus i was not talking about taking drink in nowadays, i was only telling you how it was. i just wish myself and other guy plus the youngers fans who know what we are all about could go back in time just for 1 game to see the good times, plus to get away from some of the imposters among our support who just go for a day out and dont care less about our club.

Don't call fellow fans impostors for merely thinking differently to you. It's both disrespectful and invalid.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have gave up fcuk all Billy Boys etc, etc. Watched a follow up to Edge Of The Union tonight and realised how these rhepublican murderers have prospered by giving up nothing and bombed their way to the ballot box. We really need to stand together and fight back and find leaders with bottle and stop this excuse 'we need to move with the times'. That shower of scum have moved with the times but have taken their traditions with them whilst ours have to be buried and forgotten, not for this Bear I'm up for the battle! :sherlock:

OK who are you gonna fight BD???

It's a metaphor for fighting against the wrongs that should be righted with anythnig regarding Rangers.

This is what we are up against Eh JA ? Christ they need some educating don't they ? This is gonna be harder than I thought but we'll get there eventually ! ;):sherlock:

its sad to see because at one time we stood as one without the pc brigade, we were a community a way of life with a strong identity. we watched each others backs, and looked out for our own, we sang our hearts out, and all suffered together when not winning a title for 9 years. i remember when you could walk in with your drink and stand on the terracing, with a flute band belting out the songs behind you. but now rangers are a shell of a institution, discoloured by the pc brigade led by murray and bain, and there is a lot of our fans who would rather surrender that fight instead of sticking together.

Top post mate, its quite sadening to see how fractured the support has become these days but these "modern day fans" who always seem to batter on about how everyone of us are big bad proddy bigots and we should be ashamed of our clubs traditions ans culture and so on.

They are the ones that Murray wants to the replace the real support with and its already happened at Ibrox, Just look at the place on match days it is like a morgue with people scared to stand or sing in fear of being papped out by khenny scotts finest stewards.

At least the away support still seems to be united as before.

its sad to see because at one time we stood as one without the pc brigade, we were a community a way of life with a strong identity. we watched each others backs, and looked out for our own, we sang our hearts out, and all suffered together when not winning a title for 9 years. i remember when you could walk in with your drink and stand on the terracing, with a flute band belting out the songs behind you. but now rangers are a shell of a institution, discoloured by the pc brigade led by murray and bain, and there is a lot of our fans who would rather surrender that fight instead of sticking together.

Top post mate, its quite sadening to see how fractured the support has become these days but these "modern day fans" who always seem to batter on about how everyone of us are big bad proddy bigots and we should be ashamed of our clubs traditions ans culture and so on.

They are the ones that Murray wants to the replace the real support with and its already happened at Ibrox, Just look at the place on match days it is like a morgue with people scared to stand or sing in fear of being papped out by khenny scotts finest stewards.

At least the away support still seems to be united as before.

I attend all away matches and the fans are tremendous everytime, I sometimes have to bite my lip with some of the eejits who sit near me <_<

More influentially, communication has made criticism easier and more open and disagreements more widely discussed and lack of unity is a natural result.

That's an excellent point. Personally I think a lot of this nostalgia is through rose tinted spectacles and if the supporters of past eras had access to the tools we do then there would be a similar range of views, albeit with the majority view being different from today.

We can move with the times. We can take our heritage with us. We just leave out the FTP and the other obviously sectarian chants. We still have many many acceptable songs. We still have a link with Ulster. We still are basically a Protestant support if not totally and should be open to ALL religions.

As for drinking, having seen how many bears could not hold the stuff and all the urine in beer cans and running down terracing steps, I am against it. It led to too much trouble. I have seen idiots throw full cans and bottles of beer from way up the terracing only to injure other bears below. They had no hope of reaching their "target". If you let these "fans" into a seated stadium drunk or on their way to drunkeness, it will cause all sorts of problems.

Rangers fans are very capable of carrying on the traditions of the club, but let's be honest there were some that are better left behind.

Sounds like we've followed The Rangers through the same times, same glories and same miseries.

I remember the drink being allowed in the grounds too - and how it let morons throw bottles and cans around when the drink overcame their already limited sensibilities. I used to call it the Eldorado rain. Fighting on the terraces at Ibrox amongst bears was a feature I don't miss - so much for that watching each others backs.

I can't stand flute band music - never could.

I don't see Rangers as a shell of an institution. I see the club a san evolving reflection of it's support. So I'm full of admiration for the guys charged with dragging bigotry out of this 'culture' of the bygone days of yore. The determined path to a more inclusive outlook is something I feel pride in. Something that has to be achieved and certainly something to continue to strive for.

It's little to do with PC and much more about a club evolving. Something The Rangers have always done and always will. Thankfully.

Two excellent posts! (tu)

(tu)

We should have gave up fcuk all Billy Boys etc, etc. Watched a follow up to Edge Of The Union tonight and realised how these rhepublican murderers have prospered by giving up nothing and bombed their way to the ballot box. We really need to stand together and fight back and find leaders with bottle and stop this excuse 'we need to move with the times'. That shower of scum have moved with the times but have taken their traditions with them whilst ours have to be buried and forgotten, not for this Bear I'm up for the battle! :sherlock:

Ghostbusters! :D

Thats who ya gonna 'CALL' not fight thicko, I like you oleg your my favourite victim on here ! doh :Animation44-dont over use: :sherlock:

Thats who ya gonna 'CALL' not fight thicko, I like you oleg your my favourite victim on here ! doh :Animation44-dont over use: :sherlock:

rofl.gif

Oh, great stuff! (tu)

I love it when you play your comedy character. You provoke infinite laughter. (tu)

You said it a while ago minstral. The support will be divided.

It is, it suprised me.

You could probably put a line down half the RM supporters here and have a ton on either side.

rofl.gif

Oh, great stuff! (tu)

I love it when you play your comedy character. You provoke infinite laughter. (tu)

You're a master of rapier wit and reply oleg when you hit back it's like being savaged by a gumsy lamb ! Keep it up Einstein that IQ of yours has got us all stuck for words ! ;):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::sherlock:

Right so we're all split on SDM and co, smith and his anti football tactics, smiths transferes dealings, our fans, miller saga and so on so forth.

Wait till the new strips photos get released, it will be BEDLAM here

Or one of the players gets a controversial haircut.

rofl.gif

Oh, great stuff! (tu)

You're a master of rapier wit and reply oleg when you hit back it's like being savaged by a gumsy lamb ! Keep it up Einstein that IQ of yours has got us all stuck for words ! ;):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::sherlock:

I've noticed! (tu)

thank god i dont mix with some of you fans that would sell the club and its fans down the river,plus i was not talking about taking drink in nowadays, i was only telling you how it was. i just wish myself and other guy plus the youngers fans who know what we are all about could go back in time just for 1 game to see the good times, plus to get away from some of the imposters among our support who just go for a day out and dont care less about our club.

You would have to make sure, then, that the game you went back to didn't involve flying bottles, bears fighting bears, a match when bigotry was not only vocal and welcome but a sad celebration of a culture that The Rangers are fighting to get rid of.

Obviously we aren't going to agree, but I love our club for it's forward thinking and fully support those working to ensure we are never dragged back to those 'auld ways'.

As for those who cannot afford to go for much more than a day out now and then - all welcome at The Rangers. There is no competition with prizes for how you can or choose to follow The Rangers and it's difficult not to laugh at the very idea that some supporters are 'better' than others.

Except, that is, for the morons in the support who drag the club into the gutter. The overwhelming majority of Rangers supporters I know and talk with want rid of them.

You would have to make sure, then, that the game you went back to didn't involve flying bottles, bears fighting bears, a match when bigotry was not only vocal and welcome but a sad celebration of a culture that The Rangers are fighting to get rid of.

Obviously we aren't going to agree, but I love our club for it's forward thinking and fully support those working to ensure we are never dragged back to those 'auld ways'.

As for those who cannot afford to go for much more than a day out now and then - all welcome at The Rangers. There is no competition with prizes for how you can or choose to follow The Rangers and it's difficult not to laugh at the very idea that some supporters are 'better' than others.

Except, that is, for the morons in the support who drag the club into the gutter. The overwhelming majority of Rangers supporters I know and talk with want rid of them.

nonsense we had a fantastic support back in those days, and yes people did fling bottles, but dont class everyone the same, also how did the old support drag us in to the gutter, and name the songs that you are on about.

nonsense we had a fantastic support back in those days, and yes people did fling bottles, but dont class everyone the same, also how did the old support drag us in to the gutter, and name the songs that you are on about.

I have to take issue with that, given that, back in the days Minstral is talking about, or, even when I started going, the support would not take to the way the press, the SPL, etc treat us, whereas, nowadays, there are vast numbers who will quite openly say that things are wrong, and, what a bad club we are, how ashamed they are of us (no dig ff21 ;)) and the like. That would never have happened before. That is the point, and what is meant by the "pc brigade". People who are more concerned about not upsetting the likes of the tims to the point where they will berate, slag, and even threaten their fellow bears who disagree.

Now, i am not saying that is you (given I dont know you), but, THAT is ample reason for what has been said, unless of course you think that is how fellow Rangers fans should treat each other? if not, then, some fans ARE better than others

Ive said exactly the same before and completely agree divide and conquer its just a shame that a MINORITY of the support have been sucked in by the press and the pc brigade NO SURRENDER.

Ive said exactly the same before and completely agree divide and conquer its just a shame that a MINORITY of the support have been sucked in by the press and the pc brigade NO SURRENDER.

A couple of members even want to divide us on here Im surprised admin doesnt take action for this sort of thing

A couple of members even want to divide us on here Im surprised adim doesnt take action for this sort of thing

I knew a turkish waiter by that name :craphead:

We will always be the people

NO SURRENDER

A couple of members even want to divide us on here Im surprised adim doesnt take action for this sort of thing

I knew a turkish waiter by that name :craphead:

Leave the poor wee guy alone. He will be crying in a minute :unionflag:

Are people sucked in by the PC brigade though or just accepting it is now a part of life.

No matter how much you want to try and fight against it, you will never win.

So that leaves you not accepting it, and as someone has already said, leaves you a very bitter person because of it

And I am using you as a whole.... not you in particular

Are people sucked in by the PC brigade though or just accepting it is now a part of life.

No matter how much you want to try and fight against it, you will never win.

So that leaves you not accepting it, and as someone has already said, leaves you a very bitter person because of it

And I am using you as a whole.... not you in particular

So we just sit back and accept what the press and others say im not bitter JUST LOYAL.

The words "no Surrender" were once words of truth, heart and passion....

Now they are seen as lyrics to a song in most people eyes!

Move with the time, yes we should...forget and give up our beliefs and traditions that made Glasgow Rangers Football Club what it is today...no thanks!

I might only be 21 but i am immensely proud of my clubs roots and no matter how "PC" we become i will never forget where we came from and will continue to glorify them!