Is Murray in the process of selling up?

CF5LOYAL

So far we have been linked with players that are in the "lower-end" of the market depite our superb run in Europe, which made us around 30m pounds. Now I know it is still early days and there is another couple of months to go in the transfer window but it has been branded about that 3m will be our max (paper talk).

Is Murray going to keep this 30m in the bank to balance the books so we look more attractive to poeple interested in buying the club?

In January we sold Hutton for 9m, I believe Walter didn't want to sell but off he went. Then there was also the stadium announcemnt which has suddenly dissapeared, so it may be me just thinking that there is something in the pipeline and Murray could be off.

That is the only reason why I can think we have been linked with such poor quality just now. Or is it just wishful thinking?

IMO i think SDM will go next year in his 20 years in charge anniversary :beer2:

See I think that Murray doesn't want to bow out a loser. But the way he is going about things then that will be the only option unless he backs Walter to hilt and Walter is shrewd enough to get us in the right quality we need.

So far we have been linked with players that are in the "lower-end" of the market depite our superb run in Europe, which made us around 30m pounds. Now I know it is still early days and there is another couple of months to go in the transfer window but it has been branded about that 3m will be our max (paper talk).

Is Murray going to keep this 30m in the bank to balance the books so we look more attractive to poeple interested in buying the club?

In January we sold Hutton for 9m, I believe Walter didn't want to sell but off he went. Then there was also the stadium announcemnt which has suddenly dissapeared, so it may be me just thinking that there is something in the pipeline and Murray could be off.

That is the only reason why I can think we have been linked with such poor quality just now. Or is it just wishful thinking?

Well it isn't SDM who finds the players to but. That is WS job.

You are right it is up to Walter and Martin Bain to get the players in but SDM supplies the cash. And if the cash is a shite amount then the quality of player will be shite aswell.

Only in rare cases do we ever find a diamond in the rough.

If I gave you £1 to go and buy me £10 worth of petrol, could you do it?

well mate the question is....would I want to?

That response answers the question.

You are right it is up to Walter and Martin Bain to get the players in but SDM supplies the cash. And if the cash is a shite amount then the quality of player will be shite aswell.

Only in rare cases do we ever find a diamond in the rough.

I don't see why the doom and gloomers are hanging ontot he 3 million link they got from a paper. They call the papers lies. What is it Daily Rhebel full of everything anti Rangers. Then they report we are only getting 3 million and they all fling their frillies up in the air and faint over such a paltry sum.

They would much rather believe 3 million because it gives them something to moan about. Some people aint happy unless they are moaning.

Are you thick or just a wee bit dense???

It's a horrendously stupid question to ask

And I am trying to think of the point to it

And too many fans just bite their lip, get on with it and jump at people when they have a bad/truthful thing to say about the club.

Time for the blue tinted glasses to come off, it's been going on for far too long.

Its a tough task to find quality players, if you dont have the financial backing from the chairman.

If you cannot understand that, you must be the dense one.

Its a tough task to find quality players, if you dont have the financial backing from the chairman.

Well mate you have been asked this question quite a lot today and you ahve yet to answer it.

The question being say's who??

Who says he doesn't have the backing?? Are you going to answer it now??

Or are you going to fall back on a newspaper report saying we are only going to get 3 million, therefore pretty much saying no one has said it

if you only have a tenth of the budget it makes it all the harder

Steely I didn't just mention the transfer budget but there are a few things that are happening that mean the club is not moving forward but just improving financially. Selling one of our top players for 9m in the middle of our most improtant season for 30 years?

For what reason?

Could you maybe explain why to steely?

Steely I didn't just mention the transfer budget but there are a few things that are happening that mean the club is not moving forward but just improving financially. Selling one of our top players for 9m in the middle of our most improtant season for 30 years?

For what reason?

Was good business sense mate. I will agree someone shold have been bought to replace him. That was bad management. But selling someone who six months before hand we would have quite happily accepted 500K is good business sense.

My point at the moment is that there a lot of people on the forum just now throwing toys out the pram over money, when they don;t know how much WS has got. Over signing when they don't know who we are linked with (excepting KM and MR).

And all this because they can't read about it in newspapers that they all say talk shite

Could you maybe explain why to steely?

I take note that you are still avoiding my question mate. :craphead:

For what reason?

Was good business sense mate. I will agree someone shold have been bought to replace him. That was bad management. But selling someone who six months before hand we would have quite happily accepted 500K is good business sense.

My point at the moment is that there a lot of people on the forum just now throwing toys out the pram over money, when they don;t know how much WS has got. Over signing when they don't know who we are linked with (excepting KM and MR).

And all this because they can't read about it in newspapers that they all say talk shite

It was good business, £ 9 million is one hell of a deal.

But, it means jack shit if you dont re-invest a larger ammount of it back into the team.

Which question was that?

I currently have noted 1,000,000 questions in the last 6 hours

Is that a trifle of an over exageration???

If you ahve seen all those questions mate you should have answered them because they are all the same

Who says WS doesn't ahve the backing of his chairman??

Who says WS doesn't ahve any money to spend other then 3 million reported in the paper??

Now will you answer or try to avoid it again???

For what reason?

You're right you only have to look at the list of players we have been linked with in the other thread to prove how much shite is in the papers.

But we were promised a statement in May about the stadium, still nothing. If we are trying to move forward as a club on the park then we don't sell Hutton who arguably was our best player up until January.

Under SDM we are going nowhere just now. And I am not coming to my conclusion on the last 6 months but for the last 5 years. I just think he is ready to go and is getting the books balanced.

For what reason?

It was good business, £ 9 million is one hell of a deal.

But, it means jack shit if you dont re-invest a larger ammount of it back into the team.

erm.........didn't I say that??

For what reason?

You're right you only have to look at the list of players we have been linked with in the other thread to prove how much shite is in the papers.

But we were promised a statement in May about the stadium, still nothing. If we are trying to move forward as a club on the park then we don't sell Hutton who arguably was our best player up until January.

Under SDM we are going nowhere just now. And I am not coming to my conclusion on the last 6 months but for the last 5 years. I just think he is ready to go and is getting the books balanced.

I hope he is ready to go mate. I think we need a new face at the top. But while he is in charge I would like to think that he wants what is best for rangers. Afterall surely that is the best way to sell something, having it in the best condition you can??