Is Murray in the process of selling up?

CF5LOYAL

Steely I didn't just mention the transfer budget but there are a few things that are happening that mean the club is not moving forward but just improving financially. Selling one of our top players for 9m in the middle of our most improtant season for 30 years?

For what reason?

Was good business sense mate. I will agree someone shold have been bought to replace him. That was bad management. But selling someone who six months before hand we would have quite happily accepted 500K is good business sense.

My point at the moment is that there a lot of people on the forum just now throwing toys out the pram over money, when they don;t know how much WS has got. Over signing when they don't know who we are linked with (excepting KM and MR).

And all this because they can't read about it in newspapers that they all say talk shite

It was good business, £ 9 million is one hell of a deal.

But, it means jack shit if you dont re-invest a larger ammount of it back into the team.

erm.........didn't I say that??

I never said you did <cr>

Steely I didn't just mention the transfer budget but there are a few things that are happening that mean the club is not moving forward but just improving financially. Selling one of our top players for 9m in the middle of our most improtant season for 30 years?

For what reason?

Was good business sense mate. I will agree someone shold have been bought to replace him. That was bad management. But selling someone who six months before hand we would have quite happily accepted 500K is good business sense.

My point at the moment is that there a lot of people on the forum just now throwing toys out the pram over money, when they don;t know how much WS has got. Over signing when they don't know who we are linked with (excepting KM and MR).

And all this because they can't read about it in newspapers that they all say talk shite

But, it means jack shit if you dont re-invest a larger ammount of it back into the team.

I never said you did <cr>

you still avoiding answering mate. Tell you what. To save you, I wont ask again ok. You are trying your utmost to miss it

I take note that you are still avoiding my question mate. :craphead:

He answered your question would you want to?

I think if you look at it you'll realize you answered the question!

If I gave you �1 to go and buy me �10 worth of petrol, could you do it?
is asking you....

If Walter has little Cash to improve the squad....How can he bring in Quality?

Your answer

well mate the question is....would I want to?

Is like saying Would Walter want to or he has no chance in doing it!

:beer2:

Unless it's another question? <_<

If I gave you £1 to go and buy me £10 worth of petrol, could you do it?
is asking you....

Your answer

Is like saying Would Walter want to!

that aint the question I asked DB. You need to read more corefully really.

Who said WS doesn't have any money??

is asking you....

Your answer

who say he does?

What question is it?

is asking you....

Your answer

Yes it was paper talk but doesn't the fact that both Derby and Motherwell have come out and said we have made enquieries about their players not put the shitters up you?

When I said that, I was givng my opinion. I wasnt quoting you and questioning your opinion.

Back onto the $64,000 question, what is it?

is asking you....

Your answer

Yes it was paper talk but doesn't the fact that both Derby and Motherwell have come out and said we have made enquieries about their players not put the shitters up you?

It most certainly does mate, although to a lesser extent Motherwell. I would happily take Reynolds. KM can piss off though

What it doesn't do though is suggest to me how much money we have.

When I said that, I was givng my opinion. I wasnt quoting you and questioning your opinion.

listen mate if you can't read fair enough. But I wont keep posting the same question because you are too docile to answer it.

Is that a trifle of an over exageration???
No, You have asked everyone on the forum at least 30 questions each

Who says WS doesn't ahve the backing of his chairman??

If Walter had the full financial backing of SDM, we would not be looking to sell our best assets (All of which would be not for sale) and we would be targetting better players than Miller and Reynolds (The only 2 players we have had firm offers in for)

Who says WS doesn't ahve any money to spend other then 3 million reported in the paper??
Walter has a limited transfer budget, if he wants any extra money he has to sell players. Buffel, Gow, Cousin, Sebo, Cuellar and Or McGregor

Now will you answer or try to avoid it again???

All answered

Yes

every single manager has a limited transfer budget. What we don;t know is what the limit is.

Which assets are we looking to sell??

As far as I can tell, WS has said he will try his best to keep Cueller and I have heard only paper talk over MacGregor.

Anyone else???

Now you answer me these questions?

Why are we targetting Miller and Reynolds, When we were promised Quality signings?

Why haven't we completed the signing of any bosmans?

Why have we sold Hutton and not re-invested the money in the team?

Why havent we said Cuellar and McGregor are not for sale at any price?

Where is the £25 million European money went?

If we were only £15 million in debt and made a profit of £30 million last season (Including Hutton money) why are we still in debt?

Why dont we have more than 1 scout?

Why arent our management team planning to go to the EURO Championships?

listen mate if you can't read fair enough. But I wont keep posting the same question because you are too docile to answer it.

Mate if it's the question i think it is then Steely, you stop before you dig yourself a massive hole.

No need for personal insults!

Just cause it a tit for tat agrument,Which both of you's have a point you think Walter has money to bring in Quality,and RFC doesn't think.... Walter will get enough cash to improve the squad like other managers over the last 8 years!

every single manager has a limited transfer budget. What we don;t know is what the limit is.

Which assets are we looking to sell??

As far as I can tell, WS has said he will try his best to keep Cueller and I have heard only paper talk over MacGregor.

Anyone else???

Its the Alan Hutton scenario all over again. We dont want to lose him, we will do our best to keep him, hes happy here.

When all along, we are inviting offers and looking to sell to the highest bidder.

Why didnt he just say. We are looking to build a team around Allan and Carlos, they are not for sale at any price?

If our transfer budget is as low as has been estimated then I would think the rest of our cash would be used to service the remainder of our debt to make us more saleable to prospective buyers!!!

Now you answer me these questions?

Why are we targetting Miller and Reynolds, When we were promised Quality signings?

Because you have to buy squad players too that can do a job. no one says quality wont come

Why haven't we completed the signing of any bosmans?

who says we haven't tried? Perhaps waiting til the end of Euro 2008. Would be good if we signed a good bosman and he went to the tourny and broke his leg. Also maybe bosmans are waiting until end of tourney to see if a better club will approach them

Why have we sold Hutton and not re-invested the money in the team?

I don't know why we never reinvested the money. SDM said the money is there but WS chose not to spend it. He did try a 7 million bid on an italin but the deal fell through

Why havent we said Cuellar and McGregor are not for sale at any price?

Because they are for sale at a set price. There isn't a player who isn;t for sale at a certain price

Where is the £25 million European money went?

Some it will go to reducing the debt further. Some of it will go to buying and investing in new players

If we were only £15 million in debt and made a profit of £30 million last season (Including Hutton money) why are we still in debt?

Who said we were only in 15 million. We may well not be now if it has been paid off with the 30 million

Why dont we have more than 1 scout?

We do have more than one scout. We only have one chief scout who has a team of scouts working beneath him. I don;t know why only one cheif scout

Why arent our management team playing to go to the EURO Championships?

Do you mean planning?? Who said they aren't planning to go??

If our transfer budget is £3m and all we get is the boy from Boro on loan and Miller and Reynolds and sell Cousin,Darche,Thomson,Carlos and McGregor then i feel we're in deep deep trouble and i will reconsider my season ticket for 09/10 season after 30 years going home and away.

Its the close season - every ones Bored - as shown by this thread - oh dear.

Anyyway my 2p worth.

£30 M made from UEFA / Last season - where the fuch did you get that from ! (Its to much)

£3M Transfer budget- where the fuch did you get that from. (Its to little)

Selling all our best players - where the fuch did you get that from? (Its to much! - LOL)

Surely (don't call me Shirley!) - in order to see what we spend and who we sell / get we have to WAIT until the transfer window closes!!

All this speculation about speculation - be patient (but then again without speculating on the speculation what the fuch could we / would we post about !!!!

Its the close season - every ones Bored - as shown by this thread - oh dear.

Anyyway my 2p worth.

£30 M made from UEFA / Last season - where the fuch did you get that from ! (Its to much)

£3M Transfer budget- where the fuch did you get that from. (Its to little)

Selling all our best players - where the fuch did you get that from? (Its to much! - LOL)

Surely (don't call me Shirley!) - in order to see what we spend and who we sell / get we have to WAIT until the transfer window closes!!

All this speculation about speculation - be patient (but then again without speculating on the speculation what the fuch could we / would we post about !!!!

I didn't say this was definite. I posed a question besed on what we "have heard".

I also said "around 30m" it was not far off, give or take a few million.

Okay we havn't sold ALL our best players but we got rid of Hutton for big bucks and Wattie didn't do much to stop speculation about Cuellar. He could have said in no uncertain terms he is NOT FOR SALE but he never.

And as I said in an earlier post Murray has been taking us for a ride for the least 5 years. When was the last time we spent genuine money, where was the moonbeams of success? where was this announcement on the stadium? If you cannot see that then you're head is firmly up your bottom.

Ignoring all the arguing over our budget back to the very first question and title of the thread. Is Murray in the process of selling up?

Yes.

Something I dont think he has hid giving that he has said publicly he would step down if the right buyer could be found and he though it was time to move on. Hes even said in an interview (can recall the exact one) he has considered at least one bid but didnt feel it was right for the club. Murray has wanted to sell the club and move on for a few years now but its not something new and personally I dont think hes hiding the fact he wants to sell up and hes just waiting for the right offer (whether thats for himself or the club is up to him really after all its his money, I imagine Id be the same with my money).