Andrius Velicka

Ibroxblue

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure as hell hope not, for a bloke who didn't get to play an awful lot of games he was still our top scorer, and if it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't have won any trophies.

Yeah we would of, it's a team game.

I sure as hell hope not, for a bloke who didn't get to play an awful lot of games he was still our top scorer, and if it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't have won any trophies.

I don't even know why the other 10 players even bothered taking to the field for both those cup finals :rolleyes:

I don't even know why the other 10 players even bothered taking to the field for both those cup finals :rolleyes:

Whilst Boyd did make a stunning impact when he came on, i think its ashame how people overlook the impact of Darcheville when he came on.

Boyd is theONLY striker that anticipates defender making errors, hence pouncing on the passbakc to allow us to level, yes JCD has an impact when he comes on, but for example, the first goal at St Mirren, we normally would have only had Novo or JCd going for the cross, but boyd made sure if the first man never got it he was.

We know Boyd aint the greatest ever footballer but he is fucking better at putting the ball in the pokey than anyone else in Scotland. To try to buy that gift would cost £20M in the international market.

Boyd is theONLY striker that anticipates defender making errors, hence pouncing on the passbakc to allow us to level, yes JCD has an impact when he comes on, but for example, the first goal at St Mirren, we normally would have only had Novo or JCd going for the cross, but boyd made sure if the first man never got it he was.

We know Boyd aint the greatest ever footballer but he is fucking better at putting the ball in the pokey than anyone else in Scotland. To try to buy that gift would cost £20M in the international market.

Pouncing on mistakes.

That's one of the things I love about Boyd. People say Bobby Moore was 10 yards in front of everyone else when defending, Boyd's the same when attacking.

He acts on a defenders mistake about 5 seconds before it actually happens.

If you saw those games, at some points it actually looked like they hadnt taken to the field :lol:

I honestly can't believe that their is so much negativity surronding this.

A bit of prespective would go a long way IMO, but saying that it appears that until we are linked with a 5 million, 40k a week deal with an international superstar we are going to see the same FFS doh:rolleyes: "not good enough" routine over and over again.

Velicka has averaged a goal every 2 games for every club he has ever played for bar one that he only played 5 games for.

Now if he hadn't played for Hearts, was 28 insted of 29 and his name was actually Velicinho and you took his scoring record into account then I can be almost certain that we would all be delighetd at the prospect of signing him.

We are not only crying out for a proper target man, but we are also crying out for a number of players who are capable of hitting the net as regularly as Boyd does and I think Velicka, certainly domestically as he showed with Hearts, fits the bill.

He wont cost a fortune, will offer a goal threat and with months to go in the window he probabaly wont be the only other striker we sign ths summer.

Like I said, a bit of prespective would be good.......

FORMER Hearts hit man Andrius Velicka today paved the way for a move to Ibrox when he admitted he would love to play for Rangers.

Gers boss Walter Smith has been tipped to make a move for the 29-year-old Lithuanian.

The ex-Jambo joined Norwegians Viking FK for £1m in February and is currently involved in their league season, which ends in August.

However, he confessed he would jump at the chance to play for the Glasgow giants, and said: "If it can happen, it will be amazing. To play for Rangers would just be unbelievable.

"They are a big club in Europe and I think they are the best club in Scotland. I would be proud to get the chance to play for Rangers.

"Nothing has happened yet, but I would be happy to move if it can happen. Maybe some news is coming.

"I'm happy in Norway, although the Viking results are not good. We were ninth, but we won yesterday against Bodo Glimt and now move up to sixth place.

"I've scored three goals in league matches and two in cup games. My performances are not bad. I'm trying to do my best for the team."

Velicka impressed during two seasons in Scotland after arriving from Lithuanian club FBK Kaunas in 2006, scoring 14 goals.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2327827.0.0.php

I just don't understand it.

I was under the impression Miller was the back-up striker who would be brought in, and we'd also sign a striker with real quality. Velicka isn't of the quality expected. Or required.

Smith must be punting Boydy?

Guys i read this morning about Rangers thinking of a 1 million pound bid for velicka

I mean ffs Miller now Velicka a just hope i wake up and its all a bad dream

surely we must need 2 dip into a better market of players and stop buying players who WONT be any better than what weve got

Views

ANDRIUS VELICKA today welcomed the prospect of a quick-fire transfer to Rangers little more than three months after leaving Hearts for a new life in Norway.

The Lithuanian striker, currently plying his trade with Viking Stavanger, is receptive to interest from Ibrox, where manager Walter Smith is considering an offer in the region of £1million.

Rangers have monitored Velicka's prowess since his time in Edinburgh. He left Tynecastle at the end of February but Smith is keen to return him to Scotland, where he scored an impressive 26 goals in 56 games for Hearts.

"If it can happen, it will be amazing. To play for Rangers would just be unbelievable," Velicka told the Evening News. "They are a big club in Europe and I think they are the best club in Scotland. I would be proud to get the chance to play for Rangers. I don't want to talk too much about this because I don't know anything yet."

Officials at the Viking Stadium have confirmed they have yet to receive an official approach from Rangers regarding Velicka. The Norwegian Tippeligaen now begins a three-week summer break and the forward conceded his new club have been less than convincing during the opening ten games of the season.

"I'm happy in Norway, although the Viking results are not good at the moment," he said. "We were ninth in the league table but we won yesterday (2-0 against Bodo Glimt] and now move up to sixth place. I've scored three goals in league matches and two in cup games. My performance is not bad. I'm trying to do my best for the team."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/ExHeart...love.4164946.jp

Did he score against us at ibrox this season or was it last season? when kingston walked through our whole team? hes scored at celtic park aswell, many improtant goals, he could be our scott mcdonald

They are a big club in Europe and I think they are the best club in Scotland. I would be proud to get the chance to play for Rangers.

Thats a nice quote aswell :P