Andrius Velicka

Ibroxblue

Velicka is a decent player and I suspect his transfer to Norway was just a stop-over on his way to us :mutley: .

I'm going to reserve judgement on this guy, he might actually be a worthwhile addition to the squad and he's got to be better than Kenny Misser.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velicka is a decent player and I suspect his transfer to Norway was just a stop-over on his way to us :mutley: .

I'm going to reserve judgement on this guy, he might actually be a worthwhile addition to the squad and he's got to be better than Kenny Misser.

Finally a voice of reason (tu)

With Viking having Egil Ostenstad as Director of football, I dont think it will take long for Bain to tie up the deal.

Bain would be able to run rings around him - and thats just at football!

With Viking having Egil Ostenstad as Director of football, I dont think it will take long for Bain to tie up the deal.

Bain would be able to run rings around him - and thats just at football!

That's something I never thought I would read.

The Norwegian team want to hold onto Velicka until August when their transfer window opens as they can't sign any players until then, and being in the middle of their season with another player out injured they can't afford to lose him at this moment in time, because of this Walter might not go for him as he wants as many players as possible for pre-season training.

They are holding Bain hostage, in some Stavanger cellar?

They are keeping him as a pet gimp. :ohmy:

He's used to it locked up in murrays cellar

they can keep bain, offer him as part of the deal maybe :craphead:

Gers set to land striker

Rangers look like avoiding the Fifa Red tape that ruined the Daniel Cousin deal when they sign striker Andrius Velicka.

The Lithuanian is set to move to Ibrox from Norwegian side Viking if the Gers come up with £1m and can agree personal terms.

Velicka played for Hearts last season before a move to Norway in February but FIFA regulations for last season stated a player could only feature for two clubs between July 1, 2007 and June 30 this year.

Velicka will be registered at Ibrox after July 1, making him exempt from the FIFA red tape which ruined Cousin's switch to Fulham, by one day.

His goal scoring record is pretty good. For Kaunas in 166 appearances he scored 89 goals, at Hearts in 49 appearances he scored 25 goals and at Viking although hes only had 6 appearances hes still scored 3 goals in that time! Pretty decent ratio their especially at Hearts because a goal every 2 games with most of those games coming the SPL which is the trophy we want, hes shown he can do the business and if you throw in that he will get more oppurtunitys to score at Ibrox it could be very good piece of business from Walter!

His goal scoring record is pretty good. For Kaunas in 166 appearances he scored 89 goals, at Hearts in 49 appearances he scored 25 goals and at Viking although hes only had 6 appearances hes still scored 3 goals in that time! Pretty decent ratio their especially at Hearts because a goal every 2 games with most of those games coming the SPL which is the trophy we want, hes shown he can do the business and if you throw in that he will get more oppurtunitys to score at Ibrox it could be very good piece of business from Walter!

Positive thinking at last hallelujah :craphead: