Big Davie staying another year

This is slightly worrying

Smith was keen to keep Weir's experience on board and, if the stopper shows the same fitness levels as last season, when he played 61 of Gers' 68 games, he will be given every chance of featuring regularly

This is slightly worrying

Smith was keen to keep Weir's experience on board and, if the stopper shows the same fitness levels as last season, when he played 61 of Gers' 68 games, he will be given every chance of featuring regularly

Why is that worrying? He is a very experience defender and intelligent, even though I would only play him in the SPL and European games and give someone else a chance in the other cup games.

He's far too slow, his distribution is awful and Cuellar has to cover him quite a lot. If we lose Cuellar then we are f*kd at the back.

Also with Weir in there we sit back far too much.

Our defensive-line will continue to play on the 18 yard line due to Weir's lack of pace. Also because of the lack of pace at full-backs.

A blind man can see that we need to push further up the park and sign a couple of pacy full-backs so that when we are in trouble they can get back and cover.

The sight of Papac and especially Broadfoot trying to get back after losing possession after going forward was embarrassing. Cuellar cant do it all the time, he might not even be here?

Our defensive-line will continue to play on the 18 yard line due to Weir's lack of pace. Also because of the lack of pace at full-backs.

A blind man can see that we need to push further up the park and sign a couple of pacy full-backs so that when we are in trouble they can get back and cover.

The sight of Papac and especially Broadfoot trying to get back after losing possession after going forward was embarrassing. Cuellar cant do it all the time, he might not even be here?

Cheer up Cuellar is staying.

Even if he does and Weir continues to play it will still be the same. Weir is past it and there is no way he'll sign a new contract and be away from his family to sit on the bench and play in the reserves. The same was said about Dailly being a bit part player and he played most weeks.

Walter Smith is fast becoming the new Craig Brown.

I've got no problem with him staying, and starting regularly.

You bunch keep complaining about how bad we were last season and how various players wrecked the season for us. at the end of the day, the only thing that ruined the season was the SFA, we were running on fumes.

Weir is a brilliant player, and what he adds to the team, mentally, is obvious, without him last season, both cuellar and shagger may not have turned out the way they have.

stop downing davie and stop complaining about how shit we were last season, cos its all lies.

Agreed.

Bambi Broadfoot though was more guilty of losing possession and having to be bailed out than Weir was but the writing was on the wall as the season was going on that Weir was struggling.

Walters mental health is starting to worry me.Has McCoist no imput,he was a player and knows what kind of player we need and the fans want.

I've got no problem with him staying, and starting regularly.

You bunch keep complaining about how bad we were last season and how various players wrecked the season for us. at the end of the day, the only thing that ruined the season was the SFA, we were running on fumes.

Weir is a brilliant player, and what he adds to the team, mentally, is obvious, without him last season, both cuellar and shagger may not have turned out the way they have.

stop downing davie and stop complaining about how shit we were last season, cos its all lies.

Truth hurts. It wasn't ruined by the SFA, if anything it was the SPL. End of the day we were just not good enough.

If you had read my posts on Weir for last season then the majority of them I praised him in. However season 2008/09 is a different season and if Weir continues to start then we are in trouble for the reasons I stated above. If you can't see that then I feel sorry for you.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Unless a veteran player officially retires Smith will continue to play them regardless of whether they become a liability or not. He did the same in his first spell in charge, did the same with Scotland, he ain't gonna change now.

I hope big Dave 'O stays, at least he'll a commanding influence in the dressing room and training ground (think of what Elvis must be doing with Septic). If he joins Birmingham then best of luck.

The boy from Charlton looks good so does the right back from Olympiakos.

Must say I though he had an excellent campaign and doesn't deserve any criticism. Bad weather, cup re-plays, and no help for the SPL and its ego trip cost us the league (Bastards!!).

To be fair, he deserves one more year after his effort this season. However, in my eyes he should play nothing more thAn a bit part role, primarily as part of a back up or rotation policy for the SPL's weaker sides!!!