Central Defenders?

Muff

Seems like Walter is after a good few centre halves.

We have signed Andy Webster on a 3 year deal.

Christain Dailly has been offered a new deal.

Davie Weir has also been offered a new deal.

According to todays Edinburgh News we have made a 'paltry' £1m offer for Christophe Berra.

The Evening Times and Middlesborough News report that both us and Boro are chasing Madjid Bougherra and he'll make a decision soon.

Now we dont know how true the last two are but usually when Rangers are interested in someone the news comes out. Could this be the signs that a certain Carlos Cuellar is for the off?

According to todays Edinburgh News we have made a 'paltry' £1m offer for Christophe Berra.

The Evening Times and Middlesborough News report that both us and Boro are chasing Madjid Bougherra and he'll make a decision soon.

Now we dont know how true the last two are but usually when Rangers are interested in someone the news comes out. Could this be the signs that a certain Carlos Cuellar is for the off?

I dont think that Cuellar is for the off, it will be good to have another decent centre half. My reasons for thinking this are our Davie Weir is getting on now and we should not play him game in game out next season, Christain Dailly can move positions.

I Woodnt sell cuellar for less then around 10 mill .. hes worth alot more n was our best play by far last season

Selling any players is pointless, unles you are going to use the money to replace them with better quality

I disagree with that Muff, most of our best signings are a surprise

Weir, Cuellar, Naismith, Cousin, Dailly, McCulloch, Beasley, Sebo, Miller, Gow....

Alexander, Davis, Darcheville all came out the blue.

Name me 1 player Walter Smith has signed in the last 18 months that hasnt been mentioned in the press

Name me 1 player Walter Smith has signed in the last 18 months that hasnt been mentioned in the press

Darcheville, although I wouldn't see him as a best signing.

Everyone and their granny knew Rangers were signing Darcheville.

He even made a come and get me plea a month before we signed him

Everyone and their granny knew Rangers were signing Darcheville.

He even made a come and get me plea a month before we signed him

Really?

As muff said. Davis is another

I didnt just mean last season, I meant in general.

Well it adds to Papac and Clubfoot for next season and instead of playing 6 defenders per game it will be 8 or 9

......McGregor

Bambi..Cuellar...Weir...Papac

Whitty...Dailly...Webster....Berra

...........Boyd.....Bougherra...

Our starting 11 next season although Watties being a bit adventurous with Boyd up top in a 2 pronged attack

Well it adds to Papac and Clubfoot for next season and instead of playing 6 defenders per game it will be 8 or 9

......McGregor

Bambi..Cuellar...Weir...Papac

Whitty...Dailly...Webster....Berra

...........Boyd.....Bougherra...

Our starting 11 next season although Watties being a bit adventurous with Boyd up top in a 2 pronged attack

:mutley: :mutley: :mutley:

If Cuellar leaves then there will be a lot of unhappy Bears.

Yup. It's absolute madness if we even consider selling him unless it's a really ridiculous amount of money. I'll be completely gutted if he leaves this summer.

i will be PISSED if we sell king carlos even if we get £15m for him( and SDM would prob accept half of that) He is one of the best defenders i have ever seen in a rangers shirt and imo we are better off with him in the side than the money in the bank, especially when you see the pish players we have been linked to recently. Why sell cuellar if we are going to waste the money on miller velicka and other "quality" players

Season ticket deadline is long past, credit cards have been debited, direct debits set up,our chiefs can do whatever they want for another 11 months. Sell our best players, bring in mediocre ones, then promise quality signings for the next season and as usual we will all renew our season tickets because we cannot bear not going to our games and still hope that somehow and at some point we will get the signings and the positive attacking football we long for.