'Glory Hunters' - alive at Rangers?

mohammed87

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My local team is Fort William.

Check out there results for recent seasons. You will piss yourself.

Seriousley, I have supported Rangers for as long as I can remember. It was passed down to me by family but at a time when things werent too great. I was brought up in a rural area where we dindt have access to the local team.

BLUENOSES ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED

WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN

THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION

THOSE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND, DON'T MATTER

The rapid pace of genetic research guarantees that we will see genetically manufactured babies before the end of the century... Should these manufactured kids be debarred from supporting Rangers and becoming bluenoses because they weren't born in the usual fashion...? No, I say! Manufactured bluenoses must be allowed to support Rangers like the rest of us.

The title of this thread is a misnomer. All big successful clubs have glory hunters. Actually they also suddenly appear at small clubs as soon as a bit of success is in the air. How many did QotS and Gretna take to Hampden?

Another point...just because someone is attracted to a club by success doesn't mean they aren't a good fan. I know an old guy who lives in Cornwall who became a Wolves fan in their 50's heyday. He's still a good supporter now after all these years in the doldrums. Once bitten...

i have been tarred with thsi brush many times because i am from edinburgh, but i moved to Fauldhouse as when i was 7 and my parents got friendly with some other people ( as you do ) and was invited to go to the football with them so i went on a number of occasions to Ibrox and my 1st couple of games were defeats to Mothrewell and Hibs followed by some dissapointing results but i was hooked on going to watch us play the rest is history.

I also remember witnessing my 1st trophy in 83 with a 3-2 win over Celtic at Hampden, as an 8 year old.

I was born in Kirkcaldy, brought up in Fife all my life in a non football supporting family. Got taken to my first football match at Ibrox with my friend and his dad vs Dundee Utd (which we lost) and have never looked back.

I was even encouraged not to get into football believe it or not, but now my dad sits and watched some games with me. I think the auld bassa just wants an excuse to have a beer or two though :lol:.

Anyway, I would most certainly say I was chosen. What would have happened if I wasn't taken to Ibrox that day? Who knows! Thank f*ck I was!

If you can't handle that then GTF.

i have been tarred with thsi brush many times because i am from edinburgh, but i moved to Fauldhouse as when i was 7 and my parents got friendly with some other people ( as you do ) and was invited to go to the football with them so i went on a number of occasions to Ibrox and my 1st couple of games were defeats to Mothrewell and Hibs followed by some dissapointing results but i was hooked on going to watch us play the rest is history.

I also remember witnessing my 1st trophy in 83 with a 3-2 win over Celtic at Hampden, as an 8 year old.

Sure that was 1984 the 3-2 win over the beggars but i agree it doesn't matter where yer from god chooses his people from everywhere. :unionflag: :rangers:

I was brought up in Edinburgh, and raised a Rangers fan by my uncles.

There is no other team for me. I couldn't even contemplate getting behind an Edinburgh side.

Rangers till I die :rangers:

rangers are a institution with fans all over the world from all religions.

Great post (tu)

This the 21st century and this is image our club should try to portray. I was raised a catholic and although I no longer follow the religion or go 2 church or anything like that I do believe your faith should should not impact upon the team you support!!! It certainly doesnt make you any less a Rangers fan!!! :rangers:

It hasnt always been glorious years but alot, probably most of us are still supporting rangers. Just because we reach a uefa cup final you think we are all glory hunters. It would be good if everyone supported their local team but in some peoples cases they would be changing team every second year. It is upto us who we want to support and why, but in most peoples cases it will be because of family.

But Mohammed, that is bang out of order, any one can support who they want. And I don't think its fair to see them branded as a 'glory Hunter'

Im not saying anything about anyone! Im just bringing up the subject and exploring if it exists with Rangers, as im sure it does in every club. Im not labelling anyone as a glory hunter, theres nothing wrong with discussing it.

Fuck off mohammed.

Thats not necessary

Fuckin cheeky cunt. Why dont you go home?

My home in Glasgow, Scotland. Not Pakistan, not asia, not arabia. Born and raised in Glasgow.

Ironically enough, the biggest source of glory hunters is from Glasgow, people who use that an excuse and a defense of their support of Rangers, when they've got no real interest in the club.

It's not about location at all.

Although, I dont think that is what you mean, I think you are aiming more at Bears who are not born and bred Glaswegian, which, with no disrespect, would include yourself down the line at some point going from your screen name.

My dad was born in Glasgow and mum been here since she was 7. Hardly not born and bred in Glasgow.

Although, I dont think that is what you mean, I think you are aiming more at Bears who are not born and bred Glaswegian, which, with no disrespect, would include yourself down the line at some point going from your screen name.

My dad was born in Glasgow and mum been here since she was 7. Hardly not born and bred in Glasgow.

In bold was the important part of that sentence, stop being so defensive!

Take it the rest of my post was fine then aye?

In bold was the important part of that sentence, stop being so defensive!

Take it the rest of my post was fine then aye?

:unionflag:

In bold was the important part of that sentence...

Everybody is an immigrant at some point by that rationale, including the Scots, English, and even the Welsh/Britons if you go back far enough.

I was born and have been brought up in greater Glasgow. Right back on my mum's side of the family everyone has been Rangers fans. My granda, who went to a lot of the games in the 50s and 60s, got me into the Gers from when I was a toddler, and took me to my first game on my 9th birthday. I'm Rangers through and through.

Think about this from a Septic point of view. They receive so much support from Ireland (obviously) and England (poor uneducated fools) and from the States(where the most bigoted Septic fans live).

Now, if Ireland only had a few decent teams of their own do you think people would stay home and watch them? No, instead they cross the Irish Sea to see Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Man Shitty, and, of course, their beloved Septic.

If they can do it theirs no reason we shouldn't. It's our country, we are the people.

In bold was the important part of that sentence...

Everybody is an immigrant at some point by that rationale, including the Scots, English, and even the Welsh/Britons if you go back far enough.

:harhar: Your being picky!

Think about this from a Septic point of view. They receive so much support from Ireland (obviously) and England (poor uneducated fools) and from the States(where the most bigoted Septic fans live).

Now, if Ireland only had a few decent teams of their own do you think people would stay home and watch them? No, instead they cross the Irish Sea to see Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, Man Shitty, and, of course, their beloved Septic.

If they can do it theirs no reason we shouldn't. It's our country, we are the people.

I cant, I have a brain and own soap, its just physically impossible :craphead:

I'm from Glasgow i am 38 years old,i have followed Rangers since the treble winning season of 1977/1978 constantly home and away and abroad.....I was a young lad following Rangers through the baron years and when Souness arrived my dad got me a season book telling me that crowds will rise now son your going to need this.

We played Motherwell in the last game of season 85/86 and it ended 1-1 i think and on that day Hearts lost 2-0 and Celtic won 5-0 winning the league and there was about 13,000 inside Ibrox.

1st game of 86/87 season i can't remember who we played but there was 44,000 inside Ibrox.

Glory hunters are not people from outside Glasgow they are people who go to the games when winning and disappear when not.

I don't care if your from New York or the New Hebridies as long as your a BEAR

gaff mate we won that motherwell game 2-0 as we had to win to get in uefa cup

that was also the season i got season book although i used to have a rover ticket in the early eighties

first game at ibrox was against falkirk on a weds night i think

Confused glory hunters with supporters who are not from Glasgow? <cr>

I'm Chinese, female, grew up in Edinburgh, not religious but... not a Proddy, supported Rangers for almost 20 years, had season tickets, living in the far east now and I am definitely not a glory hunter.

I've only ever had problems with the Scums supporters as they are too stupid to realize that they are hated not because of their religion but because of who they are - Scums! <_<

I started supporting Rangers because I got hooked on the electric atmosphere and friendliness of the Rangers supporters in Ibrox....

And I never thought fellow Bears would stereotype overseas Bears like this... :unsure:

No worries CB, you are welcome in the Rangers Nation. WATP

Jesus was born in a stable, it doesn't mean he was a horse. Just because a crowd of politically correct nonces say something, that doesn't make it true (usually quite the opposite in fact).

Dont ever question other peoples right to support The Rangers, mohammed.... if that is your real name Declan.