Beasley praised

Ibroxblue

United States coach Bob Bradley believes Rangers winger DaMarcus Beasley has become a polished performer since winning his injury battle.

The 26-year-old gave a bright display in the goalless draw against Argentina last weekend in New Jersey.

He is now set to feature in back-to-back World Cup qualifiers against Barbados with the US national team this month.

And Bradley believes that with every game Beasley is showing not only his quality but a growing maturity.

Rangers will be looking for Beasley to stamp his mark on the Scottish game next season, after his first year at Ibrox was marred by a knee ligament injury sustained in November.

He recovered in time to play, and score, against Queen of the South in last month's Scottish Cup final and Bradley said: "DaMarcus has made an incredible recovery from his knee injury. I think we were all very excited with his play against Argentina.

"He was very mobile in that game. He worked very hard for the team. You could see the types of runs and quickness that have always been a part of his game, come back very, very strong.

"I think that DaMarcus is one of our most important players. He has the kind of quickness that can open up defences.

"He has certainly grown in terms of his ability to intelligently decide when to pass the ball and move, when to take people on, he continues to work hard, his crossing to set up goals and his finishing.

"He was a very important player for us last year during the Gold Cup. We missed him during a period of games when he was out of action and it's very, very nice to have him back with our team."

Although Beasley is still working on his match fitness, the number of games he has been involved in over the past month is helping him get up to speed.

"When you come back from injury, that part can sometimes go up and down a little bit," said Bradley.

"I think that getting him back on the field, getting him games, we'll see that type of sharpness in his play return very quickly."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...3686298,00.html

Not a fan of him. Just doesn't run at his man enough and ends up playing the ball back.

Beating a man with pace rather than trickery is his game. His crosses and dead ball delivery are excellent, IMHO.

Beasley will be a big player for us next season definetly, hope he puts in more good performances in these coming games, reports like this (from good performances) breed confidence.

One of the best signings made. Not a physical player unfortunately (which is what we need) but as the speed that was lacking in out poor squad after Burke and Naismith got crocked. Look at how more dangerous we looked in the Scottish Cup Final when we had a speedy winger; we didn't look so predestrian.

Great lad and great professional, deserves the praise

One of the best signings made. Not a physical player unfortunately (which is what we need) but as the speed that was lacking in out poor squad after Burke and Naismith got crocked. Look at how more dangerous we looked in the Scottish Cup Final when we had a speedy winger; we didn't look so predestrian.

Great lad and great professional, deserves the praise

Will be huge for us next year if he stays fit.

Some of the people wouldn't be happy with Ronaldo or Malouda playing for us. Beasley is easily one of our best players. Being a winger isn't really about "beating a man" nowadays. Defenders are too smart to be left for dead easily.

It just shows you how bad our squad is, when DMB is one of our quality players!
that is just the response i would expect from you, when are you going to say something positive about the team, or does that go against your nature???

that is just the response i would expect from you, when are you going to say something positive about the team, or does that go against your nature???

Truth hurts

Deal with it!

Truth hurts

Deal with it!

when i say to say something positive about rangers goes against your nature, that is the truth. SO YOU DEAL WITH IT!!!

Truth hurts

Deal with it!

when i say to say something positive about rangers goes against your nature, that is the truth. SO YOU DEAL WITH IT!!!

:clap:

:lol:

To be fair, I dont think anyone can judge him on what we've seen so far, not had a chance.

Think he'll be given his chance this season, then we'll find out if he's quality or not.

Not a fan of him. Just doesn't run at his man enough and ends up playing the ball back.

That may have something to do with the fact that if he beat his man there would be no strikers to feed.

You'll see the difference next year when he has targets to supply / people to link with in the final third.

Beasley is a cracking player.

Typical scottish mentality to question the guys build completely ignoring that it has no impact on his game whatsoever. It's attitudes like that, that will see our game always inferior to other nations elsewhere in the world.

Jimmy Johnstone and Wullie Henderson wouldn't get a game in the junior leagues nowadays.

KT started playing for us for one half of the season and was getting slated left right and centre and not given a chance, yet the past season for the majority of the time it was totally different. DMB started playing for a new club, in a new country where he hadn't had the time to settle properly before he got injured, next season we should see a lot more out of him, and we will also have the advantage that he will be up to match fitness as he has been playing for the USA recently.

Typical scottish mentality to question the guys build completely ignoring that it has no impact on his game whatsoever. It's attitudes like that, that will see our game always inferior to other nations elsewhere in the world.

Jimmy Johnstone and Wullie Henderson wouldn't get a game in the junior leagues nowadays.

(tu) Sick and tired of this attitude of players not being physical enough!

Would rather have Beasley than McCulloch on the wing.

(tu)

While I'm concentrating mostly on Lee's Rangers career here, it suggests that only in Scotland/Britain would we mould a target man striker into a midfielder and appreciate it with such gusto. It may also go some way to sadly understanding why we struggle to create skilful Scottish players.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?op...71&Itemid=2

I thought that when he first signed, but it wasn't till he was out of the side that I noticed what he brought to the team.