You're needing to get a grip

I've been going to Ibrox for nigh on 40 years and in that time I've seen some Gers players get stick from the fans. I have never seen any player play better as a result. I did not think Miller was the quality we needed but when he pulls on the blue jersey I'll support him, I support the Rangers ... :rangers:

I have only ever seen one player thrive on being booed and play out of his skin:

Cristiano Ronaldo at the last world cup for Portugal. Put in a staggering display while being harassed by everyone.

When Beckham came back from the 98 World Cup he was a national hate figure away from Old Trafford. He seemed to cope with it well though - going on to win the treble including the Champions League!

Beckham and his family got dog's abuse after his sending off v Argentina. For a long time after that he was booed by England fans during internaltionals and at club away games but Man Utd fans stayed behind him. He said he had seriously thought about quitting the game. He even got death threats from some of the idiots. It is to his credit that despite this he has been successful - surely no-one is trying to imply that he was a better player as a result of the abuse - doh

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we dont make group stages of champions league walter ally and miller will come under increased pressure from the supporters which ultimatley will manifest itself on miller

30,000 singing that they dont want him during a cup final says a lot do you want all of us to gtf as you put it

no as i said the people who are planning on booing him during a game or refusing to go then they can gtf :harhar:

What about the first team players that are pissed off about Miller signing? Should they gtf too?

I heard earlier this week that Miller signing has split the team, several unhappy players around.

if we dont make group stages of champions league walter ally and miller will come under increased pressure from the supporters which ultimatley will manifest itself on miller

30,000 singing that they dont want him during a cup final says a lot do you want all of us to gtf as you put it

yes and let the real fans SUPPORT the team rather than getting on thier backs

for those who are not even willing to give millar a chance before he even begins.dont get me wrong i wasnt keen on him either but hes here so lets get right behind him!!!

if everybodys on his back from the off then its going to put him under pressure then we wont get to see the best out of him.

as he says about him and boyd partnership "al do all the running and he'l score the goals" sounds good to me (tu)

and for those who say they wont be back or will boo him when playing,gtf dont need people like that at our club!!!

in walter i trust!!! WE ARE THE PEOPLE

well i do not trust Walter , his style of football and his team selections are pish

as for your comment about people booing him , and telling them to GTF , it is up to the individual how they display their feelings on this signing

this forum is full of people telling others to GTF , maybe they should look at themselves , and follow their own advice

because people are entitled to their own opinion , whether you like it or not

miller will be one of the main reasons WS & co will lose their jobs if they do not win the title , because he is just a poor player

The mind of a fickle football fan eh, bet you were cheering his fucking name when he scored important goals for scotland tho wernt you?

Nope

We are not needing a grip - what we are needing is a quality striker whose goals to games ratio matches his price tag.

haha, we have one, he is called Boyd, and, he sits on a bench and has people slaggin his ability on a constant basis. Also, at £1.9 mil, some would argue his goals to games ratio is about right for millers price tag these days

Dont you read posts on here? Thats not what anyone wants.

What is wanted is

Someone with boyds ratio/finishing, combined with a messi like skill, the ability to get the ball at the halfway line, mazy past 5 players, cross it into the box then get on the end of it himself!

Which makes me despair.

Of course there are lots of them available within our budget

We should appreciate Boyds goals and hope that WS gets a partner for him to play with upfront

go on name some then

no as i said the people who are planning on booing him during a game or refusing to go then they can gtf :harhar:

What about the first team players that are pissed off about Miller signing? Should they gtf too?

I heard earlier this week that Miller signing has split the team, several unhappy players around.

I was wondering about that ECB actually, the player reaction.

I was wondering about that ECB actually, the player reaction.

Any player who expresses obvious displeasure at their manager signing somebody is out of order. It is one thing for the fans who pay good money to support the club to do it and another thing altogether for a player who is paid very good money to represent that club to do it. If any player does react in such a fashion then management will see that as treachery/betrayal and they will be chased. And rightly so IMO.

I've been going to Ibrox for nigh on 40 years and in that time I've seen some Gers players get stick from the fans. I have never seen any player play better as a result. I did not think Miller was the quality we needed but when he pulls on the blue jersey I'll support him, I support the Rangers ... :rangers:

I have only ever seen one player thrive on being booed and play out of his skin:

Cristiano Ronaldo at the last world cup for Portugal. Put in a staggering display while being harassed by everyone.

When Beckham came back from the 98 World Cup he was a national hate figure away from Old Trafford. He seemed to cope with it well though - going on to win the treble including the Champions League!

Beckham and his family got dog's abuse after his sending off v Argentina. For a long time after that he was booed by England fans during internaltionals and at club away games but Man Utd fans stayed behind him. He said he had seriously thought about quitting the game. He even got death threats from some of the idiots. It is to his credit that despite this he has been successful - surely no-one is trying to imply that he was a better player as a result of the abuse - doh

I would suggest such suffering would build his character and mentally strengthen him.

Any player who expresses obvious displeasure at their manager signing somebody is out of order. It is one thing for the fans who pay good money to support the club to do it and another thing altogether for a player who is paid very good money to represent that club to do it. If any player does react in such a fashion then management will see that as treachery/betrayal and they will be chased. And rightly so IMO.

Even Barry Ferguson? Surely not.

Even Barry Ferguson? Surely not.

I don't think Walter will take any prisoners if his authority is undermined by players, most especially by the captain.

Walter may have his critics but I'd be surprised if anybody honestly thought he was a weak man.

for those who are not even willing to give millar a chance before he even begins.dont get me wrong i wasnt keen on him either but hes here so lets get right behind him!!!

if everybodys on his back from the off then its going to put him under pressure then we wont get to see the best out of him.

as he says about him and boyd partnership "al do all the running and he'l score the goals" sounds good to me (tu)

and for those who say they wont be back or will boo him when playing,gtf dont need people like that at our club!!!

Well said! (tu)

well i do not trust Walter , his style of football and his team selections are pish

as for your comment about people booing him , and telling them to GTF , it is up to the individual how they display their feelings on this signing

this forum is full of people telling others to GTF , maybe they should look at themselves , and follow their own advice

because people are entitled to their own opinion , whether you like it or not

miller will be one of the main reasons WS & co will lose their jobs if they do not win the title , because he is just a poor player

The mind of a fickle football fan eh, bet you were cheering his fucking name when he scored important goals for scotland tho wernt you?

no , i cheered for scotland , i think he is poor

as for being a fickle football fan , not at all , just giving my honest opinion

which you obviously disagree with

i will never support the wee butt filler

i wont boo him in a rangers jersey

nor will i stop going to ibrox

you have to respect people have different opinions from yourself

since flo

he has to be the worst signing in my lifetime

:rangers: censored

Who would these unhappy players be that you have "heard" about? Miller said in one of his interviews when he signed that Ferguson and Boyd had actively encouraged him to come back to Rangers. Ferguson had been speaking to Miller about returning to Ibrox since January in fact. Doesn't seem like the actions of unhappy players to me. <cr>

since flo

two points

1: Flo wasn't a poor signing. Had a record of 1 goals every 2 games and we got 6 million back for him.

2: In terms of ability Miller can't be the worst player we have signed in your lifetime? Where were you when we signed guys like Ostenstad, Jeffers, Mladenovic & Bernard.

Who would these unhappy players be that you have "heard" about? Miller said in one of his interviews when he signed that Ferguson and Boyd had actively encouraged him to come back to Rangers. Ferguson had been speaking to Miller about returning to Ibrox since January in fact. Doesn't seem like the actions of unhappy players to me. <cr>

They wouldn't name the actual players, just said there were several. The person that told me has a very strong link to inside Ibrox. It's not one of those "somebody who knows the 2nd cousin of the neighbour of player X" links. I won't name the player publicly but I have pm'd 2 or 3 posters recently with his name. At the end of the day it's up to each individual if they believe it or not. I know I would probably be sceptical too. I just happen to know someone very much in the know. Apologies I can't be less vague. (tu)

They wouldn't name the actual players, just said there were several. The person that told me has a very strong link to inside Ibrox. It's not one of those "somebody who knows the 2nd cousin of the neighbour of player X" links. I won't name the player publicly but I have pm'd 2 or 3 posters recently with his name. At the end of the day it's up to each individual if they believe it or not. I know I would probably be sceptical too. I just happen to know someone very much in the know. Apologies I can't be less vague. (tu)

Fancy dropping me a PM.

Nosey bastard loyal :lol:

since flo

Sorry but thats ridiculous IMO.

I don't know what age you are but there's 2 reasons why I thought that.

There's been so many more worse signings 'in your lifetime' than Flo; Ostenstad, Maniero, Libor Sionko, Svensson after him.

And his goal return was pretty impressive, 28 goals in 53 games with the goals more spread about the team at that team.

Not his fault his transfer fee was £12 million, we got half that back anyway when he moved.