Miller can be our Van Nistelrooy

Guest Andypendek

Guest Andypendek

If we refused to sign any money grabbers, we'd be in the Junior Central SuperLeague in 4 seasons.

Look, there has to be a reason why WS would go for a striker who is hardly lethal, like Miller. Every poster on this board knows Miller is about a 1 in 4 chances to goals ratio man, if we know it's a fair bet Smith knows it also. So you try to think, why would we go for a 'non-striker?' What are his strengths, and if he'll be playing (which he will) what sort of system is best to play around him? Common sense tells us that Smith will not go 4-5-1 again because it is strictly limited - you can get so far with it, butas we saw toward the end of last season if you have to open upo and go for it in games, there's no creativity.

If I am wrong and we go 4-5-1 with Kenny Miller up front, I won't be going often, I can tell you that. Not unless they drop the prices to about a fiver, because that's all it will be worth. No-one is expecting Arsenal style suff, but I"m hoping Miller coming on board means we'll be a bit quicker on the break, and a bit more exciting.

Khenny Miller couldn't even spell Van Nistelrooy. Dirty, money grabbing, yahoo bastard.

His mother couldn't spell his full name: Rutgerus Johannes Martinus van Nistelrooij ;)

As for being similar...riiiiight.

Guest Andypendek

Ah come on, YOU at least should get this. I'm not saying he's fit to lace his boots, I'm saying the job will be similar and it may preage a more attacking style.

If we refused to sign any money grabbers, we'd be in the Junior Central SuperLeague in 4 seasons.

Look, there has to be a reason why WS would go for a striker who is hardly lethal, like Miller. Every poster on this board knows Miller is about a 1 in 4 chances to goals ratio man, if we know it's a fair bet Smith knows it also. So you try to think, why would we go for a 'non-striker?' What are his strengths, and if he'll be playing (which he will) what sort of system is best to play around him? Common sense tells us that Smith will not go 4-5-1 again because it is strictly limited - you can get so far with it, butas we saw toward the end of last season if you have to open upo and go for it in games, there's no creativity.

If I am wrong and we go 4-5-1 with Kenny Miller up front, I won't be going often, I can tell you that. Not unless they drop the prices to about a fiver, because that's all it will be worth. No-one is expecting Arsenal style suff, but I"m hoping Miller coming on board means we'll be a bit quicker on the break, and a bit more exciting.

I disagree with your 1 in 4 statement there I dont know KM's stats for goals to chances but I really doubt its 1 in 4. I agree with your sentiments in the first post about hoping this is the first of this seasons signings with more attacking and creative ones to come but if Miller is our biggest signing or to be honest even our 3rd biggest signing this summer Ill be disappointed. We should have resonable funds and a decent profile at the moment to attract decent players (not decent not world class).

At almost £2m for his fee and adding his wages/signing on fee he must surely have been signed as a 1st team player. I feel Velicka at £1m will be a better signing and I honestly feel he is a better player.

Do you think he's better than a 4:1 man, or worse? An 8:1 man?

Worse. Id say 8-9:1 would be about right. Although Id accept with Internationals it might be lower. His record for Internationals is better than domestic (although again I feel thats skewed by the vein of form he hit in 05/06 for Scotland).

His domestic record is particularly average reading 2 goals in his season in the EPL with Wolves. 4 in his full season with Celtic. 3? in his second. 4 for Derby. Only really scored when in the Championship with Wolves and when he started at Hibs.

To be honest its just a bit too easy to come up with ways to show him up. I sincerely hope I eat all these words and he proves me wrong but I just cant see it.

Khenny Miller couldn't even spell Van Nistelrooy. Dirty, money grabbing, yahoo bastard.

Your'e really painting yourself into a corner with this Miller signing Muff. How are you going to react when he produces the goods(which I'm pretty sure

he will) ? :unsure:

Your'e really painting yourself into a corner with this Miller signing Muff. How are you going to react when he produces the goods(which I'm pretty sure

until he plays then its all about opinions and his track record since he left hibs dosent fill most of us with the confidence that you have but lets hope your the one saying told you so rather than me

what makes you so sure?

He hasnt produced "the goods" at his last 4 clubs

He's never had a good goal scoring record.

Guest Andypendek

This is true. No doubt this thread will amusing timothy lurkers, but I have to believe there's a reason for signing him.

Like that would matter to you, you still slated Boyd whenever he scored

Like that would matter to you, you still slated Boyd whenever he scored

PB is just happy that Miller, has put Boyd further back in the Q :craphead: