Miller and Boyd

likeacare

Miller isn't Rangers class. I don't care who he played for in the past, what god (if any) he prays to or how many sugars he takes in his tea.

If he nets 20 plus goals a season I will appologise and eat my hat, but that's unlikely to happen.

2 million is far too much to pay for him based on his goal scoring record. I just hope Walter (who I have the utmost respect for) doesn't live to regret this signing.

But what really worries me is this... if he plays the lone striker up front ahead of Boyd, the big man may feel undervalued and that he is being shown disrespect and demand a move. Would you blame him?

Imagine losing Boyd to keep Miller!!!!!!!!!!!! Nightmare scenario.

I reckon Miller has been signed to play alongside Boyd.

On European nights though we can probably expect to see Miller up top himself.

I hope Walter plays them together, he might do a job for us in that scenario, let's hope so because Miller hardly ever scores.

As for him playing up front in Europe... NIGHTMARE!

I hope Walter plays them together, he might do a job for us in that scenario, let's hope so because Miller hardly ever scores.

Yes there is the whole debate about whether or not we should even be playing one upfront at all, but playing Miller upfornt on his own isn't a nightmare.

Des[ite hs poor first touch and inability to score goals his pace and movement can cause teams all sorts of problems on the counter attack.

He has excelled in that role for Scotland for nearly three years now and his attributes also played a massive in that breakaway goal that he scored against Benfica a couple of years ago.

The only nightmare will be if we don't sign a midfielder who is capable of arriving late into the box and moving into the pockets of space that Miller's movement and pace create, especially on the counter attack.

Yes there is the whole debate about whether or not we should even be playing one upfront at all, but playing Miller upfornt on his own isn't a nightmare.

Des[ite hs poor first touch and inability to score goals his pace and movement can cause teams all sorts of problems on the counter attack.

He has excelled in that role for Scotland for nearly three years now and his attributes also played a massive in that breakaway goal that he scored against Benfica a couple of years ago.

The only nightmare will be if we don't sign a midfielder who is capable of arriving late into the box and moving into the pockets of space that Miller's movement and pace create, especially on the counter attack.

Novo has the pace and movement you speak of and is Rangers through and through. :rangers:

Novo has the pace and movement you speak of and is Rangers through and through. :rangers:

so did sebo :harhar:

so did sebo :harhar:

:craphead:

Brilliant!

From what I've read, Miller actually had a good scoring record for Celtic in Europe.

Did he? Never managed to win an away game for them though. :harhar:

Anyhow, do you have any stats on it? I'd be interested to read them mate.

From what I've read, Miller actually had a good scoring record for Celtic in Europe.

i think he scored one less in europe than he did for them in the spl :lol: 3 goals in 8 games in europe i think.. not bad, actually better than any of our strikers in europe this season :ohmy:

i think he scored one less in europe than he did for them in the spl :lol: 3 goals in 8 games in europe i think.. not bad, actually better than any of our strikers in europe this season :ohmy:

I think Nacho might have matched that if you include all Euro competitions.

Walter will probably just try and sign the whole team he had as scotland manager.

:craphead:

It's looking that way.

Shouldn't someone tell him the 3 foreigner rule doesn't apply any more. :mutley:

The smart money says Boyd will be used exactly the way he was used last season(starting against inferior teams) (tu)

The smart money says Boyd will be used exactly the way he was used last season(starting against inferior teams) (tu)

It could of course be argued that all SPL and domestic Cup opposition are inferior in terms of quality.

But the way Walter was talking a few weeks ago, I thought he was suggesting that we will be more attacking next year and because of that Boyd will start more.

we won't have many European nights if he's up front himself and with Walters system the support will come from Webster and Dailly