Why is Walter signing Velicka if..

" Rangers chief executive Martin Bain is set to conduct negotiations with Velicka, whose only concern may be where he fits into manager Walter Smith's plans for next season, with so many strikers already at the club. "

He doesnt know where is he going to play :unsure:

because Velicka is a decent player, not scared to get stuck in with a good touch on him and an eye for goal.

I'll be chuffed if we secure him for £1million

because Velicka is a decent player, not scared to get stuck in with a good touch on him and an eye for goal.

I'll be chuffed if we secure him for £1million

Excatly mate.

All the negativity surronding the posssible signing of him is insane.

He's a proven 1 goal every 2 game player and he offers something different.

The likes of Darcheville and Cousin will probably leave.

Wouldn't bother me to be honest.

Both decent players, but one has ambitions to play elsewhere and the other can't last a full ninety minutes

He's being signed simply to score goals in the SPL, which Walter knows he can do. It's all very uninspiring, but the harsh reality is we HAVE to win the SPL next season, and we'll probably need to sacrifice any lofty ambitions in Europe to do so. So it really doesn't matter from that point of view if Velicka isn't tested in Europe, as that's not why he is being signed.

If we do secure his signature we need to get some strikers out the door. Cousin seems set to leave and to be honest, I couldn't care less if Darcheville leaves...I don't think he's that good.

I don't want our squad turning into about 5-6 strikers who are off-form, like Celtic were a season ago.

He's being signed simply to score goals in the SPL, which Walter knows he can do. It's all very uninspiring, but the harsh reality is we HAVE to win the SPL next season, and we'll probably need to sacrifice any lofty ambitions in Europe to do so. So it really doesn't matter from that point of view if Velicka isn't tested in Europe, as that's not why he is being signed.

Europe wont be sacraficed, purely for financial reasons.

And if we make it in to the CL I'd like to think every member of the squad would be desperate to play in those games.

not a bad signing imo, sebo out and velicka in is an improvement for us. Hes proven that he can score goals in the spl. Cousin will leave and there are question marks over darchevilles fitness and naisy is out for a year. That leaves us with miller boyd novo who will probably play on the wing more than up front. I can see why walter is going for more strikers. My concern is that up front isnt where our problem is, we have players who know where the net is, its the attacking midfielders and wingers we are lacking, i am getting concerned we havent heard much about new players for these positions.

Both decent players, but one has ambitions to play elsewhere and the other can't last a full ninety minutes

I feel the same really. Reasonable players but wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if they left.

not a bad signing imo, sebo out and velicka in is an improvement for us. Hes proven that he can score goals in the spl. Cousin will leave and there are question marks over darchevilles fitness and naisy is out for a year. That leaves us with miller boyd novo who will probably play on the wing more than up front. I can see why walter is going for more strikers. My concern is that up front isnt where our problem is, we have players who know where the net is, its the attacking midfielders and wingers we are lacking, i am getting concerned we havent heard much about new players for these positions.

I agree mate.

We desperately need creative players.

I think if we move JCD, Cousin and Sebo oout by summers end with The big Serb, Miller and Velicka in then we have improved our options.

Granted, they are not Champions League elite class but realistically our aim is to achieve domestic dominance.

These players ARE good enough for that.

They will be playing against Gary Tit Of The Year Caldwell ffs

Novo will probably play on the wing more often than not with DMB playing on the other wing, and if we're playing 4-4-2 we will have a mixture of Velicka, Miller and Boyd up front, we will also have this other striker if he signs, so having 4 players fighting it out for 2 positions sounds about right to me.

Velicka definetly inspires me more than Mhiller, and has already been pointed out winning the SPL is paramount for next season, he will certainly help us in that respect. As Ted E Bear says he can also score raspers from outside of the box, i for one get a bit sick of continually watching us trying to run the f**king ball into the net!!

Sorry but I am not convinced that either K Miller and Velicka are good enough. The fee for Velicka is reasonable though. I hope we do sign the big Montenegran all the same as it would help to have some real height up front, but again just how good is he?

As for DC my worry is no one will sign him after his attitude and "nutter" problems.

JCD - He is simply not fit enough and falls over too much for my liking. I cannot see a rush for his signature either.

All in all I am glad we still have K Boyd for goals.

Velicka has always impressed me.Lots of workm8s are Jambos & they were all pissed off to see him leave.I always said to them"Why does he not play every week"

ROMANOV was the answer.

Seems AV dug VR up & said Im the best striker at the club, why dont I play more-so he got sent to Norway

(tu)