Why is Walter signing Velicka if..

" Rangers chief executive Martin Bain is set to conduct negotiations with Velicka, whose only concern may be where he fits into manager Walter Smith's plans for next season, with so many strikers already at the club. "

He doesnt know where is he going to play :unsure:

WS knows exactly where Velicka will play , when and in which games are the questions being asked. I'm pretty sure that the management team have earmarked AV as a player to be used in certain games , against particular defences - like the other strikers at the club.

" Rangers chief executive Martin Bain is set to conduct negotiations with Velicka, whose only concern may be where he fits into manager Walter Smith's plans for next season, with so many strikers already at the club. "

He doesnt know where is he going to play :unsure:

If that is true then it reflects well on the player. Shows he's concerned about more than just the money.

Naismith and Burke are out for a long time

Darche,Buffel,Gow and Cousin will all probably leave,hopefully McCOOlluch too.

So that only leaves Boyd and Nacho and who says either one of them won't leave cos it's obvious Walter isnae keen on either.

I still think we need top quality up front.

We definately need 2 full backs(priority is a right back),a top centre half,a right winger and attacking midfielder plus the top class striker i mentioned

because Velicka is a decent player, not scared to get stuck in with a good touch on him and an eye for goal.

I'll be chuffed if we secure him for £1million

Excatly mate.

All the negativity surronding the posssible signing of him is insane.

He's a proven 1 goal every 2 game player and he offers something different.

haven't passed judgement on here about him yet but that is exactly my take on him.

If you could compare him to some other players who would you say?

Alan Shearer (sort of)

Was thinking what kind of player he is & yes you are 100% bang on.He does play a bit like Shearer and has a ferocious shot & can score from long range with either foot-gets stuck in as well.Best Lithuanian I have seen here.