20 million to spend?

WATP52

In the sun it says we have 20 million to spend this summer, but other reports say we only have 6. Does anyone know the actual figure?

I can't see us having anything like 20 million if we are signing players like Miller and Velicka

As Oleg said, it will never be mentioned, a paper was even saying at one point we only had £3 million to spend! Last season we spent more than probably what any of us expected, and apparently there was money available in January if Walter wanted anyone in particular.

As Oleg said, it will never be mentioned, a paper was even saying at one point we only had £3 million to spend! Last season we spent more than probably what any of us expected, and apparently there was money available in January if Walter wanted anyone in particular.

I've heard figures from £3m to £20m quoted.

I reckon we're looking at £10m to £15m, depending on who we can get. I don't think Walter will spend for the sake of it. He'll be wanting people who can make a real contribution. Expect a wide man with Burke and Naismith still out as well as another centre back and striker.

Well we have already wasted 2 mil on that fooker miller :angry2: Murray said the enphisis was bringing in quality this summer. What a load of bull**** that was. I dont think youll hear the word quality and Miller used to often together in the same sentence (apart from this one lol). No doubt this will resign Boyd to the bench for another season. We have a real chance of turning Rangers back into a quality team again, with 4 top quality signings or so. We should have the money to spend 15 mil + anyway and the profile of the club is pretty good at the moment due to the uefa cup run so we should have a fair chance of getting more or less any player we are interested in. C'mon rangers get your act together!

I reckon we're looking at £10m to £15m, depending on who we can get. I don't think Walter will spend for the sake of it. He'll be wanting people who can make a real contribution. Expect a wide man with Burke and Naismith still out as well as another centre back and striker.

That's the figures i've been hearing too.

I hope we get quality in a CB and RB. Those places are sorely needing filled. Unless Webster is planning on being used after his hernia recovery.

With Davis (hopefully) arriving soon I don't think we need much more in central midfield but would be looking for a good right and left winger.

Here's hoping

I also think we could also do with a bit of creativity + goal scoring from MF it was sadly lacking last season and I dont think I could watch another season of that pish.

That's the figures i've been hearing too.

I hope we get quality in a CB and RB. Those places are sorely needing filled. Unless Webster is planning on being used after his hernia recovery.

With Davis (hopefully) arriving soon I don't think we need much more in central midfield but would be looking for a good right and left winger.

Here's hoping

Our midfield is so poor. We need some class in there. Davis and Ferguson proved last season that they are nothing more than average. We must do better.

We need an attacking midfielder with strength, pace and creativity and a goal threat too. Maybe two. Also a quality winger to go with DMB.

As soon as budget is mentioned, then any player we are looking for, espicially in Britain, their price will go up because they know our budget.

I would expect to spend £10mil.

In the sun it says we have 20 million to spend this summer, but other reports say we only have 6. Does anyone know the actual figure?

I can't see us having anything like 20 million if we are signing players like Miller and Velicka

we deflinitely dont have 20 million unfotunatley i think 6 is far closer we got a new strike force in kenny and Velika (alost a done deal ) which set us bak 3 million

tells a story although i think walter will be workin for a loan deal or two or a good freebie

Never have we got 20m to spend it does not make sense to spend that kind of money in the SPL esp as you are not guaranteed CL football.

possibly 10m to spend with a few bosmans and loans again .

Anyway the Mint wants to have the books nice before he sell's to someone .

20 million?

unless walter is doing a arsene wenger?

Which means he will leave money in the pot and buy a fair bit of dross. And consequently not win fuck all.

I woke up this morning from last night and realized that the miller signing was not a bad nightmare. It was for real.

Damnn.

i look at the signings of miller and velicka only one way - they are in their to add a little depth..we already have the best scorer in the country in boyd, and a few impact players in darch and novo, so we have goals in us. I think smith is playing is going for cheaper striking options, because he knows our weaknesses lie in wider areas and he will look to spend a bit on some wing backs and maybe a winger...i would also expect another central midfielder to come in - smith knows barry cant go a full season...fingers crossed he splashes the cash elsewhere, otherwise its just another slap in the face to all the punters who spend their hard earned cash to watch mediocrity.