So, did the Uefa Cup cost us the league after all?

Boab

There were people who questioned the Uefa Cup run, said it would cost us the league. They were shot at times.

Well, we had more games to play because of the UEFA Cup and more travelling.

As much as I have fond memoriesof Manchester and still keep in touch, in a football sense, I think it did go some way to us losing the league I'm sad to say.

What did you think, did the Uefa Cup run cost us the league? Or were other more factors more important, like not being a good team (not being good enough), the fixture list and the lack of help, injuries or poor selection and tactics play a bigger factor?

Yes & No

It was an exhausting season but Smith has to take the blame for our poor shows away from home against the top 6

Steak Pie F.C. using POD to their advantage.

Us asking for the Gretna game to be put back.

The weather.

Poor refereeing in favour for Steak Pie F.C.

But the biggest reason IMO and just another reason to hate that slimy bastard David is the decision to sell one of our best players half way through the season. That is the mark of a club that finds second place acceptable.

yes and no. It didnt help but i dont think it was the only reason we lost it. Selling hutton and not replacing him is a big reason we lost the league imo. Persisting with cousin when boyd was more likely to get the goals to win the games and generally negative tactics against the smaller sides and most of all not buying an attacking midfielder in the transfer window when we needed one.

No

Poor Management, Tactics and stubborness cost us the league.

The league should have been wrapped up in one of the old firm games at Parkhead, But Walter set out for a draw in both games and lost both

no he didnt, second time around we went at them, until Barry was caught in the ankle and things slowed down, one offside and a daft penalty.

edit: might have gotten the games wrong way around, id rather forgot about them.

I thought we played very poor. To be honest overall expertise of football in the SPL is shite imo. To think that we had all those xtra games and the Celtic only managed by a few points highlights how poor overall most teams were imo.

Not winning one of the at parkhead or the motherwell game cost us .

Tacticlly we played well you don't go and beat Lyon 3-0 if the Tactics where not good i tactic just lacked pace,and creativity

Not winning one of the at parkhead or the motherwell game cost us .

Tacticlly we played well you don't go and beat Lyon 3-0 if the Tactics where not good i tactic just lacked pace,and creativity

Was that the one they got postponed?

Well yes as if should have never been postponed if any game was to be postponed it was the m/well and the utd game what did POD have to do with celtic i did not hear sheff wed get there game canceled

Well yes as if should have never been postponed if any game was to be postponed it was the m/well and the utd game what did POD have to do with celtic i did not hear sheff wed get there game canceled

here here.

And you are right. The two games at the piggery was also a pivotal point where we lost the league

Lack of investment in the team in the January transfer window and getting a number of injuries in quick succesion lost us the league imo. We sold Hutton at the wrong time and if you look at how Robson did for Celtic it shows how important the ins/out are in January in deciding where the title goes.

We seemed to run out of heart more than steam in the last few weeks of the season which was another factor in our burnout. On hindsight though the Uefa cup run has given a lot of our young-ish squad valuable experience that will surely benieft the team for next season. We will win the league next season and hopefully get into the knock out stages of the CL.

Lack of investment in the team in the January transfer window and getting a number of injuries in quick succesion lost us the league imo. We sold Hutton at the wrong time and if you look at how Robson did for Celtic it shows how important the ins/out are in January in deciding where the title goes.

We seemed to run out of heart more than steam in the last few weeks of the season which was another factor in our burnout. On hindsight though the Uefa cup run has given a lot of our young-ish squad valuable experience that will surely benieft the team for next season. We will win the league next season and hopefully get into the knock out stages of the CL.

Couldn't agree more, in fact you'll be receiving a letter from my lawyers over thought theft.

The sale of Hutton was a cataclysmic error, I'm not even bothered about the money not being reinvested. I have come to expect that from the slimy bastard.

But he would have been worth just as much probably more if we had kept hold of him

Murray you fucking reptile!

If I was to post what I really want to happen to you I'd be banned!