Sell On Clause

sneddon

i havent seen this mentioned and i apologise if the point has already been raised

and i furthur apologise that its yet another miller thread

when Celtic sold miller to Derby you can bet there has been some sort of agreement regarding a sell on clause, getting however much a percentage of his next transfer.........obviously onto us

IMO signing him is bad enough without the thought that money is going into the pockets of the celtic directors

i havent seen this mentioned and i apologise if the point has already been raised

and i furthur apologise that its yet another miller thread

when Celtic sold miller to Derby you can bet there has been some sort of agreement regarding a sell on clause, getting however much a percentage of his next transfer.........obviously onto us

IMO signing him is bad enough without the thought that money is going into the pockets of the celtic directors

it has been posted before mate and im sure it only comes into the equation if the team sells on for more money than they outlayed i tried to text my mate about it but hes not got back to me

I was told, Celtic will receive £400K from the Miller deal....

Told officially or by a man in the pub?

Told by a high net worth Celtic fan I'm acquainted with. He's reasonably trustworthy with info in the past but that amount seems a bit high to me...

I said from the outset that this wouldn't surprise me.

Liewell is brilliant at his job, he really is.

When I compare him to Bain I honestly feel tearful

What a load of peesh. Derby pay that much for a bloke in his late 20s and agree to a sell on clause? :rolleyes:

Well, surely his age would make the chance of them having to pay out on such a clause less likely? That meant they paid Celtic a bit less than they wanted so the deal was better for them, no?

Of course, Lawwell knew Miller wanted back to Scotland asap, so knew the chances of him moving on quickly were high - especially with Derby likely to be relegated. Made sense for him to put such a clause into any deal.

Will ask Jocky the next time I see him... :)

What a load of peesh. Derby pay that much for a bloke in his late 20s and agree to a sell on clause? :rolleyes:

Who started this tim propaganda?

Hail Hail Don't look at me. :rangers:

Well, surely his age would make the chance of them having to pay out on such a clause less likely? That meant they paid Celtic a bit less than they wanted so the deal was better for them, no?

Of course, Lawwell knew Miller wanted back to Scotland asap, so knew the chances of him moving on quickly were high - especially with Derby likely to be relegated. Made sense for him to put such a clause into any deal.

Will ask Jocky the next time I see him... :)

It just seems bizarre. Sell on clauses are usually only included where young players move on. Miller was neither young nor looking like he was reaching another level.

It's just not very likely at all. I'd bet on it.

Who started this tim propaganda?

Again, I have already said Liewell would have seen this coming and insisted the clause was put in place.

We have effectively gifted the scum money

Usually yes that's a fair rule to apply but in this case Celtic knew he was likely to move on - no matter his age. Derby were odds on to be relegated and Miller didn't want to move back South in the first place.

Thus, it makes perfect business sense for both clubs to agree to a sell-on clause.

Like I say, I'll ask his faither, next time I see him. :)

The deal struck between the manky mob and Derby was heavily based on them surviving relegation , there was no sell on fee , and Derby have only recouped the fee they initially bought him for . My mate is the sports features editor at the evening times and that is what they were told from Derby as that wee runt Ronny cully was going to do a piece on it but they had to bin it as there was no story .

The deal struck between the manky mob and Derby was heavily based on them surviving relegation , there was no sell on fee , and Derby have only recouped the fee they initially bought him for . My mate is the sports features editor at the evening times and that is what they were told from Derby as that wee runt Ronny cully was going to do a piece on it but they had to bin it as there was no story .

If Cully was going to do a piece on it he heard it from someone at Celtic.

It seems ridiculously odd that a survival clause would be put in place when doing so ensures tens of millions

It seems ridiculously odd that a survival clause would be put in place when doing so ensures tens of millions

dont see what is so odd about celtic putting in a clause where they recieve extra money should derby survive , also Cully has in the past re written history , he was actually the journalist that was at the window seat when the celtic fans pelted the press bus in spain and never reported it , he was brought to task over that as it was widely reported in other papers and made the times out to be a bit stupid . Also on the subject of the times our friend peter Martin Mcguire wanted to do an article outing himself and his celtic background and why he had to use different surname but it was deemed too extreme , the times likes to sit right on the middle of the fence , thats why they have ghost writers for Dj and wee tosh

dont see what is so odd about celtic putting in a clause where they recieve extra money should derby survive , also Cully has in the past re written history , he was actually the journalist that was at the window seat when the celtic fans pelted the press bus in spain and never reported it , he was brought to task over that as it was widely reported in other papers and made the times out to be a bit stupid . Also on the subject of the times our friend peter Martin Mcguire wanted to do an article outing himself and his celtic background and why he had to use different surname but it was deemed too extreme , the times likes to sit right on the middle of the fence , thats why they have ghost writers for Dj and wee tosh

OK, I was thinking a long the lines of they stay up, sell him then the scum gain financially. Didn't read it/think it through (tu)

I actually want to hear what bitter has to say on his subjucated upbringing.

Cause the way things are going today I may change my name to Brendan O'fFended just to see if I can get a job in the mhedia

OK, I was thinking a long the lines of they stay up, sell him then the scum gain financially. Didn't read it/think it through (tu)

I actually want to hear what bitter has to say on his subjucated upbringing.

Cause the way things are going today I may change my name to Brendan O'fFended just to see if I can get a job in the mhedia

basically said he was brought up a celtic supporter and loved the club blah blah , how he ran kids clubs affiliated to celtic and why he had to change his surname as it was prejudicing his career , but that he was always impartial and said it as it was.. You couldn't really make it up , but it was pulled as the times went mental their circulation is really struggling as it is and senior people are leaving all the time , not a happy place

He basi