Who WOULD you be happy with?

pcbear

Nigh on every player mentioned on this section gets dogs abuse, the ones that dont are usually destined for the EPL or somewhere that pays what we can x3.

Or players who have a decent game at Euro 2008 are also slavered over, bad mistake to sign a player who has himself in the big shop window, remember Oleg Salenko?

Not Rangers class is another that pops up every other post, what is and who are?

Will we ever know until they are signed and have played for us? 99% of the top players at the big clubs started off at small clubs in their said country, by the time they play for the really big clubs our chance has gone.

Every player/young player of the year should be looked at from whatever country, remember the very first qualifier for the CL? the team and country escape me, they had a real tidy midfielder who ran the show v us, if he has done that week in week out thats someone who should be scouted.

I find this Transfer Talk section fucking depressing, and i have just added to it, off to make toast now, better find a blunt knife eh!!

I'm not going to name names in terms of players we should be looking at as I'm not exactly a great scout.

But come on... it doesn't take a genius to see that players like Kenny Mhiller, Andreas Velicka and Morgaro Gomis are no better than average SPL quality. It's pretty embarassing for me to be honest, but that's just my personal feelings on the matter!

Nigh on every player mentioned on this section gets dogs abuse, the ones that dont are usually destined for the EPL or somewhere that pays what we can x3.

Or players who have a decent game at Euro 2008 are also slavered over, bad mistake to sign a player who has himself in the big shop window, remember Oleg Salenko?

Not Rangers class is another that pops up every other post, what is and who are?

Will we ever know until they are signed and have played for us? 99% of the top players at the big clubs started off at small clubs in their said country, by the time they play for the really big clubs our chance has gone.

Every player/young player of the year should be looked at from whatever country, remember the very first qualifier for the CL? the team and country escape me, they had a real tidy midfielder who ran the show v us, if he has done that week in week out thats someone who should be scouted.

I find this Transfer Talk section fucking depressing, and i have just added to it, off to make toast now, better find a blunt knife eh!!

Good post mate! Careful with the knife! ;) Seems to be every section

Lots of players we have been linked to havent seen, so, I cant comment on them. Salenko is a good example!

For me, I will wait and see how the team starts the season (since there is a month of transfer window left when that happens)

For me, the money has to be spent in midfield, thats the creative area, and most important part of the team. We already have Shagger & Alexander, 2 good GKs, Carlos at the back, and, Boyd up front, so, Guys like Miller, Vilicka and this fella from lisbon should be to compliment Boyd, and, we can then spend the money on midfield to create those chances

Kenny may have betrayed the jersey but he would still be a great signing for us becuase he is great at the lone striker, would be a good partner for boydy and would get 15 to 20 goals a season, peter lovenkrands wants to leave schalke and has said rangers would be his first chice and he would really had flair to the team and would be great at counter attacking in europe and walter and ally could make him more consistant. anyiykov from zenit is a much better hutton but would cost big money and instead of velicka spend the money on life long gers fan lafferty who would get plenty of goals in the spl and would be a big threat in europe. Patrick muller is a bosman and would be a great back up for when davey or carlos get injured and reynlods is a boy woth alot of potential. If we want to make it to the last 8 of the champs league we must spend the big money.

Kenny may have betrayed the jersey but he would still be a great signing for us becuase he is great at the lone striker, would be a good partner for boydy and would get 15 to 20 goals a season, peter lovenkrands wants to leave schalke and has said rangers would be his first chice and he would really had flair to the team and would be great at counter attacking in europe and walter and ally could make him more consistant. anyiykov from zenit is a much better hutton but would cost big money and instead of velicka spend the money on life long gers fan lafferty who would get plenty of goals in the spl and would be a big threat in europe. Patrick muller is a bosman and would be a great back up for when davey or carlos get injured and reynlods is a boy woth alot of potential. If we want to make it to the last 8 of the champs league we must spend the big money.

burnley want £4m for lafferty, velicka has proven he can score in the spl and score against both sides of the old firm and hes going to cost £1m. That guy for sporting will cost around £1.5m. Better value for money really so i can see why we are going to go for lafferty. I would be happy with established international players with experience of the european game. I know most of those will be out of our reach but there are still some players around that we could get.There is no one in the spl that i would want us to sign, maybe fletcher from hibs but they are looking for silly money for him as well and hes not that good, more potential at the minute. I would be happy if we signed that greek defender we have been linked to a couple of times, would like to see morris from panathaniakos but i dont think we will be signing another centre back. Would like rat from shaktar or Taye Taiwo for left back. Midfield is the area we need to strengthen the most. Mika Väyrynen and/or jason cullina from psv would both be good additions. Not sure who else we could go for but we need good attacking players, preferably with a bit of pace so that we can run at defences.

I'd rather have Velicka than Lafferty but i feel we should go for

Faubert at West Ham...heard they are willing to sell for £3m

Klasnic on a free

Jason Roberts from Blackburn who were willing to sell for £2m in January

Tuncay from Boro but could be expensive

I'd go for Berra.

Davis from Fulham

Greening -West Brom.

Chimbonda-Spurs

All should be affordable and would improve the team and are coming from clubs who won't be in Europe or winning trophies(Klasnic the exception.)

We were promised quality, not quantity.

Guy like Miller, Velicka and Gomis for me are good enough for quantity but are not improving the squad quality. We don't need more squad players.

People are getting upset because we are being linked with/signing guys that are ok, but not going to take us too another level.

Exactly. We need quality especially in midfield. We also need a quality RB and CH.

2 quality mid fielders a RB and a CH and we are ready for anything.

We were promised quality, not quantity.

Guy like Miller, Velicka and Gomis for me are good enough for quantity but are not improving the squad quality. We don't need more squad players.

People are getting upset because we are being linked with/signing guys that are ok, but not going to take us too another level.

Exactly. We need quality especially in midfield. We also need a quality RB and CH.

2 quality mid fielders a RB and a CH and we are ready for anything.

in fairness though, if Gomis replaces hemdani, miller replaces darcheville and cousin is replaced by velicka, we still have the same amount of players and you would think we would add Quality to those, but if weve already spent upwards of 5million or so on those replacements, are we really not going to play them

Why do we need to sign more midfielders? If we need to free up cash for some quality then why can't we introduce some of our own talent? Surely players like Furman and Fleck aren't on massive wages and for me are the two outstanding talents from the reserves. What gets me is the need to sign players at all costs. If we balance the books with those players mentioned then wouldn't that allow more cash for quality signings?

For me players like Crouch going to Portsmouth for 10 million has me stumped. Certainley we can't compete with that as Sky have created a monster with the EPL, but surely there are others out there that took notice of Rangers last season(and them) to realise that there's a chance for success in Europe and domestically for them if they take a chance and sign for us rather than West Brom or Stoke ffs. Surely were better than that shite.

We need two defenders, a playmaker and a top quality striker(though that seems unlikely now). Getting rid of at least five players from our first team and bringing in several reserves would make more sense. Gow has left and Hemdani, Buffel, Cousin, McGregor(hope not) and perhaps Burke and McCulloch as well for the off then that must free up a lot of cash. Bring in Furman, Fleck, Lennon and Effram to the first team squad and you've got a chance to get the quality you need.

I just don't understand our Managements reluctance to use our quality younger players when were not getting the backing from Minty we should have. Since the Minted one is soooo keen on selling.