Reply for D,Artagnan

Reading D,A,s post set me thinking of the sort of people who are hate filled and bigoted enough to start an internet war of

intimidation against an individual. People like this for instance:-

A poem for Celtic.

We were here before you and we welcomed you from far,

there,s nothing you can do to stem the tide.

So Celtic when you get to feeling bigger than you are,

Remember who we are and remember how we died.

We come from every country and from every walk of life,

We sing in praise of Rangers in times of doubt and strife.

We maintain our love of duty,of truth and honour blest.

And thats the reason, Celtic, why you,re always second best.

We died in Flanders poppies red, who will forget that scene,

We were murdered foul in South Armagh fighting for our Queen.

We also died in peaceful times as we have oft times seen

As we follow followed Rangers on the steps of stair 13.

Men like big Jock Wallace, Willie Thornton, Waddel too,

Men like Shearer and slim Jim, proud to wear the blue.

They,re always our reminder, as we parry every blow,

that we,re living in a world of truth that you will never know.

We,ve had our share of tears and joy, we,ve had our share of pain,

As we wept our tears for those gone on who we,ll never see again.

but as our ranks are thinned by death, this we will maintain,

they,ll be honoured on the football field, for we,ll still play the game.

Are you listening, Glasgow Celtic, as you chant your songs of shame,

How you,re the only innocents, the others are to blame.

how singing IRA songs is just a song in jest

of childrens lives and soldiers wives, thats why you,re second best.

So think on these things, Celtic, on every word and letter.

Do your lying tongues and poison minds make you feel much better.

We,re the Glasgow Rangers, still meeting every test.

You,re the Glasgow Celtic, and you,re still second best.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence pal but that was awful. It's like one of those poems you would write in primary school - when you couldn't think of words that rhyme you just threw something in that sounded kind of similar. I know this arguement is mentioned all the time here but it's just horrible to have Glasgow Rangers Football Club and bloody battles from the past mentioned in the same breath IMO.

Whats the difference when the tartan trannies are going on about 600yr old battles like bannock burn and so on ?

No difference and I find it quite amazing that we have such an old folk song as our national anthem when representing our tolerrent country in major sporting events. I agree it is one thing being proud of your heritage etc. but sometimes you have to move into the 21st century and move with the times

Ah, the infamous 'moving into the 21st Century'.

I can't help but think that people who use that phrase actually mean 'Throw away traditions and become just another plastic club with silent fans'.

British and Loyalist is what Rangers were, are and will always be. And that's not something to be ashamed of.

No offence pal but that was awful.It's like one of those poems you would write in primary school - when you couldn't think of words that rhyme you just threw something in that sounded kind of similar. I know this arguement is mentioned all the time here but it's just horrible to have Glasgow Rangers Football Club and bloody battles from the past mentioned in the same breath IMO.

hmmmmmmmmm :sherlock:

No offence pal but that was awful.It's like one of those poems you would write in primary school - when you couldn't think of words that rhyme you just threw something in that sounded kind of similar. I know this arguement is mentioned all the time here but it's just horrible to have Glasgow Rangers Football Club and bloody battles from the past mentioned in the same breath IMO.

hmmmmmmmmm :sherlock:

MMMMMMMMMMM yourself lol

I can't help but think that people who use that phrase actually mean 'Throw away traditions and become just another plastic club with silent fans'.

British and Loyalist is what Rangers were, are and will always be. And that's not something to be ashamed of.

Thats up to opinion, my heart certainly doesn't beat faster for god save the queen or many things british.

Thats up to opinion, my heart certainly doesn't beat faster for god save the queen or many things british.

There's a surprise!

There's a surprise!

:)(tu)

Taken very humbly.

Nice one mate.

My only criticism is you dwell on the mhanks far too much!

I'd agree but it is supposed to be 'against' them in Tollcross I suppose.

Good stuff BC (tu)

And for Edgar Allan Poe a.k.a alansim, could I just ask what a wonderful gift to the world of literature is doing on a supporters message board?

Good stuff BC (tu)

And for Edgar Allan Poe a.k.a alansim, could I just ask what a wonderful gift to the world of literature is doing on a supporters message board?

He's grooming Boab.

No offence pal but that was awful. It's like one of those poems you would write in primary school - when you couldn't think of words that rhyme you just threw something in that sounded kind of similar. I know this arguement is mentioned all the time here but it's just horrible to have Glasgow Rangers Football Club and bloody battles from the past mentioned in the same breath IMO.

Well don't fucking read it then. You know what the thread is about, if you don't like it don't enter it. If you don't like the songs, don't sing them. If you don't like the flag, don't fly it.

But leave us alone to do as we please.

Well don't fucking read it then. You know what the thread is about, if you don't like it don't enter it. If you don't like the songs, don't sing them. If you don't like the flag, don't fly it.

Wrong side of the bed today? :lol:

Just pissed off with the bigots on this board constantly pissing and moaning about the background of the club. Makes me sick.

Just pissed off with the bigots on this board constantly pissing and moaning about the background of the club. Makes me sick.

Bigots?

And you can say what you like Davy - but the way you replied shows a lack of respect for others, everything about its tone, views whether their right or wrong.

And I'd put my last tenner on that D'Artagnan not replying/saying something like that way either.

Bigots?

And you can say what you like Davy - but the way you replied shows a lack of respect for others, everything about its tone, views whether their right or wrong.

And I'd put my last tenner on that D'a wouldn't have replied that way either.

Yes, bigots.

A lack of respect? What about the lack of respect shown from the usual mob regarding the traditions and history of our club? They come on here constantly slagging it off, calling it things like 'embarrassing' and slating the fans who are keen to support our background. If they have no respect for me, then I have none whatsoever for them. I make no apologies for that.