Reply for D,Artagnan

Maybe it is time to split up the Bears Den into 2 segments - traditions and football - then all that want to do their thing and celebrate thepast can do so and those who come here for football can do so

I dont know

Right now, it is getting to the point where nobody is allowed an opinion - every thread is on here is either a transfer thread or a slanging match

no wonder the club is a easy target with fans like you.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is time to split up the Bears Den into 2 segments - traditions and football - then all that want to do their thing and celebrate thepast can do so and those who come here for football can do so

I dont know

Right now, it is getting to the point where nobody is allowed an opinion - every thread is on here is either a transfer thread or a slanging match

Maybe its time to split it up into the "the bears" and "the handwringers" :rolleyes:

I dont know

Maybe its time to split it up into the "the bears" and "the handwringers" :rolleyes:

You know in certain circles I am regarded as a bit of a handwringer....

Lets all move into the 21st century. Lets forget about the men and women who died trying to protect this great nation. Lets forget about the values that this nation's people uphold. 21st Century, here we come!

:rolleyes:

Guest Andypendek

That's a stupid thing to say. I can quite easily remember the sacrifice my grandfather made without linking it to Kirk Broadfoot.

That's a stupid thing to say. I can quite easily remember the sacrifice my grandfather made without linking it to Kirk Broadfoot.

That's an even more stupid thing to say. I never said anything about Kirk Broadfoot. Why did you choose him? lol.

Why shouldn't we be allowed to sing songs that reminds us about the lives that were lost during days which defined our country and how we live?

That's an even more stupid thing to say. I never said anything about Kirk Broadfoot. Why did you choose him? lol.

Why shouldn't we be allowed to sing songs that reminds us about the lives that were lost during days which defined our country and how we live?

Cause we need to move with the times, apparently...

Whatever the fuck that means.

Fuck me ragged

What team does KB play for?

Did you use him in your post because he looks funny, if you had used another player I don't think it would of had the same effect? I've always wondered if it's just me that thinks that Lol.

Comes back to the same arguement doesn't it...Some people think we should sing about Rangers and our successes. Or maybe I should have said Rangers has a different meaning to others than I have.

I grew up supporting Rangers when we weren't being "forced" to move on. I associate them with my beliefs, you might agree with them or you might not, but thousands of fans feel the same way I do about Rangers.

Many people say supporting Rangers is a way of life or like a religion. It is like a religion to me. I wouldn't decide to become a muslim because there's so many people who believe in Islam, I would choose a religion that I feel is right and which my way of thinking is similar to.

It fills me with pride being British. The times of hardship our people went through and came out stronger. The Never Surrender attitude. We had four great cultures merge into one. I'm sure you already know I associate Rangers with being British and believe our club is the quintessential British Club.

I'm sorry if this post comes across as though I'm questioning your way of supporting Rangers, that is not what I intended. I'm just trying to describe how I support Rangers. I can appreciate if people support Rangers and don't connect them to anything out with football as I have said many times, but I get annoyed when I get shouted down for supporting the club the way I do.

Fuck me ragged

Did you use him in your post because he looks funny, if you had used another player I don't think it would of had the same effect? I've always wondered if it's just me that thinks that Lol.

Comes back to the same arguement doesn't it...Some people think we should sing about Rangers and our successes. Or maybe I should have said Rangers has a different meaning to others than I have.

I grew up supporting Rangers when we weren't being "forced" to move on. I associate them with my beliefs, you might agree with them or you might not, but thousands of fans feel the same way I do about Rangers.

Many people say supporting Rangers is a way of life or like a religion. It is like a religion to me. I wouldn't decide to become a muslim because there's so many people who believe in Islam, I would choose a religion that I feel is right and which my way of thinking is similar to.

It fills me with pride being British. The times of hardship our people went through and came out stronger. The Never Surrender attitude. We had four great cultures merge into one. I'm sure you already know I associate Rangers with being British and believe our club is the quintessential British Club.

I'm sorry if this post comes across as though I'm questioning your way of supporting Rangers, that is not what I intended. I'm just trying to describe how I support Rangers. I can appreciate if people support Rangers and don't connect them to anything out with football as I have said many times, but I get annoyed when I get shouted down for supporting the club the way I do.

nail on the head. (tu)

Fuck me ragged

nail on the head. (tu)

Yip - great post mate.

Guest Andypendek
Lets all move into the 21st century. Lets forget about the men and women who died trying to protect this great nation. Lets forget about the values that this nation's people uphold. 21st Century, here we come!

:rolleyes:

That pissed me off massively, in all truth.

I dont know

You know in certain circles I am regarded as a bit of a handwringer....

Er, like The Unholy Apostolic Circle of Satan ....?

The one true Satanic organization in existence anywhere on planet Earth.. Unlike other so-called "Satanic" organizations, we are actually in possession of the TRUTH concerning Satan's identity, His purpose, and His message.. etc.

Those kind of circles Manti..?

The one true Satanic organization in existence anywhere on planet Earth.. Unlike other so-called "Satanic" organizations, we are actually in possession of the TRUTH concerning Satan's identity, His purpose, and His message.. etc.

:mutley:

very good.

But no, they're churchgoing Protestants in the main, believe it or not.....

:mutley:

very good.

I believe you mate.

[

These Christians consider you a 'handwringer'...why?

By their standards I hold some very liberal views.

Really? Could you give an example of a liberal view that make these Christians consider you a 'handwringer'?

[

Really? Could you give an example of a liberal view that make these Christians consider you a 'handwringer'?

I could but I won't ;)

[

I could but I won't ;)

Of course you won't.

Reading D,A,s post set me thinking of the sort of people who are hate filled and bigoted enough to start an internet war of

intimidation against an individual. People like this for instance:-

A poem for Celtic.

We were here before you and we welcomed you from far,

there,s nothing you can do to stem the tide.

So Celtic when you get to feeling bigger than you are,

Remember who we are and remember how we died.

We come from every country and from every walk of life,

We sing in praise of Rangers in times of doubt and strife.

We maintain our love of duty,of truth and honour blest.

And thats the reason, Celtic, why you,re always second best.

We died in Flanders poppies red, who will forget that scene,

We were murdered foul in South Armagh fighting for our Queen.

We also died in peaceful times as we have oft times seen

As we follow followed Rangers on the steps of stair 13.

Men like big Jock Wallace, Willie Thornton, Waddel too,

Men like Shearer and slim Jim, proud to wear the blue.

They,re always our reminder, as we parry every blow,

that we,re living in a world of truth that you will never know.

We,ve had our share of tears and joy, we,ve had our share of pain,

As we wept our tears for those gone on who we,ll never see again.

but as our ranks are thinned by death, this we will maintain,

they,ll be honoured on the football field, for we,ll still play the game.

Are you listening, Glasgow Celtic, as you chant your songs of shame,

How you,re the only innocents, the others are to blame.

how singing IRA songs is just a song in jest

of childrens lives and soldiers wives, thats why you,re second best.

So think on these things, Celtic, on every word and letter.

Do your lying tongues and poison minds make you feel much better.

We,re the Glasgow Rangers, still meeting every test.

You,re the Glasgow Celtic, and you,re still second best.

Awesome BC

Whats the difference when the tartan trannies are going on about 600yr old battles like bannock burn and so on ?

No difference and I find it quite amazing that we have such an old folk song as our national anthem when representing our tolerrent country in major sporting events. I agree it is one thing being proud of your heritage etc. but sometimes you have to move into the 21st century and move with the times

And tell me....exactly what does moving to the 21st century encompass...?

Whats the difference when the tartan trannies are going on about 600yr old battles like bannock burn and so on ?

No difference and I find it quite amazing that we have such an old folk song as our national anthem when representing our tolerrent country in major sporting events. I agree it is one thing being proud of your heritage etc. but sometimes you have to move into the 21st century and move with the times

And tell me....exactly what does moving to the 21st century encompass...?

Getting an i-pod.

Reading D,A,s post set me thinking of the sort of people who are hate filled and bigoted enough to start an internet war of

intimidation against an individual. People like this for instance:-

A poem for Celtic.

We were here before you and we welcomed you from far,

there,s nothing you can do to stem the tide.

So Celtic when you get to feeling bigger than you are,

Remember who we are and remember how we died.

We come from every country and from every walk of life,

We sing in praise of Rangers in times of doubt and strife.

We maintain our love of duty,of truth and honour blest.

And thats the reason, Celtic, why you,re always second best.

We died in Flanders poppies red, who will forget that scene,

We were murdered foul in South Armagh fighting for our Queen.

We also died in peaceful times as we have oft times seen

As we follow followed Rangers on the steps of stair 13.

Men like big Jock Wallace, Willie Thornton, Waddel too,

Men like Shearer and slim Jim, proud to wear the blue.

They,re always our reminder, as we parry every blow,

that we,re living in a world of truth that you will never know.

We,ve had our share of tears and joy, we,ve had our share of pain,

As we wept our tears for those gone on who we,ll never see again.

but as our ranks are thinned by death, this we will maintain,

they,ll be honoured on the football field, for we,ll still play the game.

Are you listening, Glasgow Celtic, as you chant your songs of shame,

How you,re the only innocents, the others are to blame.

how singing IRA songs is just a song in jest

of childrens lives and soldiers wives, thats why you,re second best.

So think on these things, Celtic, on every word and letter.

Do your lying tongues and poison minds make you feel much better.

We,re the Glasgow Rangers, still meeting every test.

You,re the Glasgow Celtic, and you,re still second best.

Kudos to Blue C for penning that - take a bow m8. :rangers: