Lee Wilkie

Tangerines stay calm

Dundee United were today remaining calm and confident of holding on to their prized assets, despite Rangers being linked with not one but two of their best performers (writes Tom Duthie).

A weekend report revealed the Ibrox side have been eyeing midfielder Morgaro Gomis and it is also understood Ibrox boss Walter Smith has been impressed by skipper Lee Wilkie’s form over the last year.

There have, however, been no bids for either player and the Tangerines are confident both will be in their line up when the new season starts at Hamilton in just under two months.

Indeed, boss Craig Levein was focusing on adding to his squad, not seeing it depleted by summer sales.

The next 24 hours will see him fix up young German striker Andis Shala, who is due in Dundee later today and expected to complete his move from VfR Mannheim tomorrow morning.

And Craig is making progress to adding others to a list of arrivals that already has the name of Dundee’s Scott Robertson on it.

I am normally positive, but words fail me.

iv been backing walter of late. but i cant stand that prick, the way he treated we novo, i hate that wanker, sorry guys but wilkie get ma goat up <cr>

what way did he treat novo?

last game we played them, once the goal wemt in he pounced on him on the floor and basically tryin to rough the wee guy up, watch for it next season, tell ya he dont like the wee man, mibbe the x scumdee link

iv been backing walter of late. but i cant stand that prick, the way he treated we novo, i hate that wanker, sorry guys but wilkie get ma goat up <cr>

last game we played them, once the goal wemt in he pounced on him on the floor and basically tryin to rough the wee guy up, watch for it next season, tell ya he dont like the wee man, mibbe the x scumdee link

sorry mate my fault i thought you were calling walter a prick

im goin senile

sorry mate my fault i thought you were calling walter a prick

im goin senile

Unlike most i read here i for one am with walter, im pleased , put it this way we all know what the team was like when he took over and what he has achieved and nearly achieved in the last season, hes a legend to me anyway and was b4 he came back, its his ass on the line and he knows rangers throughout fae the soles oh his feet to his ears.

And i believe we have good years ahead under him then super ally

wont happen but if it did

I would stop supporting the club aslong the management is in place ::(:(:(:(:(

If that happened it would show how little ambition we had. He's a big guy, decent in the air, but overall, he's an ok, no nonsense type SPL defender. Would get found out against half decent players, and in no way should be near our squad, even for back up.

I really can't see us being stupid enough to sign somebody like Wilkie though. I have some faith still!

he was ok before injury

but hes awful just abig piece of **** who wins stuff in air as he is very tall run at him and he is hopeless