3 strikers in 4 days.

Danny

That is basically what this flurry of activity amounts to.

The one area of the pitch we're actually fairly well endowed in, with Boyd, Novo, JCD, Cousin etc. And we've now brought in a third striker on top of the astonishingly controversial Miller and the maybe ok Velicka...

And it's one we've paid about £3.5M for. That's £6.5M spent on an area of the team that is the least crucial to aid. Given our total lack of creativity in the middle of the park, what is Smith thinking of?

I'm very, VERY baffled by the direction we're going in. The only 'twist' would be that we have loads of money and will be bringing in plenty of players for other areas.

Obviously we can't judge till a couple of months have elapsed, but till then - how do you all feel about the signings thus far?

Almost at a loss for words. I could understand the big Montenegran from Sporting, but Lafferty at 3.25m + add ons of .5m = crazy.

I will not believe the Lafferty bid until it is announced.

Velicka = ok

Miller - words fail me.

Overall I cannot believe this is happening.

Boyd?

I just cannot see DC and JCD attracting buyers.

This is intriguing.

I just have to reserve judgment for now, but I am very apprehensive about what WS is doing.

The transfer window has a lot of time left yet. I have faith in Wattie. There MUST be a reason we're buying strikers -- when all of us know better? Clearly, the KING ain't going anywhere... Cousin and JCD are offski. Boydy -- perhaps. Davis is a dead cert. Thomo will get improved terms. BAZ will be a standout. And yes.. McShagger is going.

Now, who wants the winning lottery numbers (CR -- that would be the 6/49 and any other lottery.. lol)

Seriously folks... be patient... Wattie knows the score (pun) and ... well.. he just has to know how to improve us over last year... I still trust Walter until there is categorical proof that I shouldn't.

As Outlaw said.. Remember, we got to a Euro final with Broadfoot and Dailly in the side. THAT, my fellow Bears.. is nothing short of amazing....

In Walter We Trust Loyal!

hope boyd does stay think he has been brilliant when he has played recently and has even been working harder which is the reason that smith left him out.dont no anything about lafferty, but velicka will be better than cousin and darchville is to old altho he has done a gd job this season. miller and boyd might work well up front but still need to be convinced my miller!!!!

I have faith in walter!!!

Well.... if we look at Miller's performances for Scotland under Walter and Ally, I think that's what they see? I for one wanted him signed last year before he signed for the scum. I didn't want him back.. but he is. Walter might get the last laugh. If not.. he will be following Miller out the door. Well. maybe not.. but .. you get the idea...

That said... Miller also took a risk coming back. He knows what he's up against. AND he needs to get a regular game -- he needs to EARN a regular game. If he does not produce, I pity him (maybe not)... but he has to. Walter has to hope that he does. This is risky for both. Perhaps more so for Walter than Miller?

Almost at a loss for words. I could understand the big Montenegran from Sporting, but Lafferty at 3.25m + add ons of .5m = crazy.

Velicka = ok

Miller - words fail me.

Boyd?

This is intriguing.

I just have to reserve judgment for now, but I am very apprehensive about what WS is doing.

Sorry to disagree NV,but if Lafferty does indeed join us,I will be really pleased with the three striker signings. (tu) It's ovious Walter thinks Boyd has

very little to offer,and I agree.Way to go Walter (tu)

2 months and 13 days to go and you're worried if we'll a midfielder or two in?

This forum needs to get a grip. It turns into a joke at times like this.

:kiss1:

Velicka = ok

Miller - words fail me.

Boyd?

This is intriguing.

Sorry to disagree NV,but if Lafferty does indeed join us,I will be really pleased with the three striker signings. (tu) It's ovious Walter thinks Boyd has

Lafferty and Miller score almost never. Strikers are MEANT to score. So where is your logic coming from my friend? Too hot these days in the vast Canadian wilderness? Heat getting to you?

:harhar: :harhar:

Velicka = ok

Miller - words fail me.

Boyd?

This is intriguing.

Lafferty and Miller score almost never. Strikers are MEANT to score. So where is your logic coming from my friend? Too hot these days in the vast Canadian wilderness? Heat getting to you?

:harhar: :harhar:

so what polarbear you would rather have two striker who run about have no first touch piss poor in the air so we have a striker out best finsher since ally himself may never be as good a player as him but a player who has improved not featured alot this season and still scored 25 goals but yeah we will have miller and lafferty dont be silly

Association football, more commonly known as football or soccer, is a team sport played between two teams of eleven players, and is widely considered to be the most popular sport in the world.[1][2][3][4][5] It is a football variant played on a rectangular grass or artificial turf field, with a goal at each of the short ends. The object of the game is to score by manoeuvring the ball into the opposing goal. In general play, the goalkeepers are the only players allowed to use their hands or arms to propel the ball; the rest of the team usually use their feet to kick the ball into position, occasionally using their torso or head to intercept a ball in midair. The team that scores the most goals by the end of the match wins. If the score is tied at the end of the game, either a draw is declared or the game goes into extra time and/or a penalty shootout, depending on the format of the competition.

not how pretty you play

or how hard you work

or how well you hold the ball up

I don't want to worry our members but Paul Dickov is available on a free and he suits the bill; past it, runs about and doesn,t score goals. A shining product of the 80,s and 90,s sfa coaching philosophy which Walter holds so dearly.

We could then have a hard working front 3 of Miller, Dickov and McCulloch. :unsure:

Velicka = ok

Miller - words fail me.

Boyd?

This is intriguing.

This has to be an April fools comment ?

Vey little to offer ? How can you possibly say that 71 goals in just over 2 and a half seasons is "very little to offer"?

Let's put things into perspective for a second, Boyd (regardless of fitness, skill or pace etc.) in the last 2 and a half seasons has scored more goals than ALL 3 of Walters new signings put together.