3 strikers in 4 days.

Danny

That is basically what this flurry of activity amounts to.

The one area of the pitch we're actually fairly well endowed in, with Boyd, Novo, JCD, Cousin etc. And we've now brought in a third striker on top of the astonishingly controversial Miller and the maybe ok Velicka...

And it's one we've paid about £3.5M for. That's £6.5M spent on an area of the team that is the least crucial to aid. Given our total lack of creativity in the middle of the park, what is Smith thinking of?

I'm very, VERY baffled by the direction we're going in. The only 'twist' would be that we have loads of money and will be bringing in plenty of players for other areas.

Obviously we can't judge till a couple of months have elapsed, but till then - how do you all feel about the signings thus far?

I'm starting to think this may be the case. I can't see us failing to strengthen the full back and midfield areas. Fingers crossed. :unionflag:

If nothing else we need a right back and Broadfoot has to go.

Preferably we get a right back,Centre half,Right winger,Attacking midfielder and Ivan Klasnic

Say goodbye to Broadfoot,McCulloch,Cousin,JCD,Buffel,Hemdani,Gow and Adam...rumours are Boyd will leave too.

Almost at a loss for words. I could understand the big Montenegran from Sporting, but Lafferty at 3.25m + add ons of .5m = crazy.

I will not believe the Lafferty bid until it is announced.

Velicka = ok

Miller - words fail me.

Overall I cannot believe this is happening.

Boyd?

I just cannot see DC and JCD attracting buyers.

This is intriguing.

I just have to reserve judgment for now, but I am very apprehensive about what WS is doing.

Sorry to disagree NV,but if Lafferty does indeed join us,I will be really pleased with the three striker signings. (tu) It's ovious Walter thinks Boyd has

very little to offer,and I agree.Way to go Walter (tu)

This has to be an April fools comment ?

Vey little to offer ? How can you possibly say that 71 goals in just over 2 and a half seasons is "very little to offer"?

Let's put things into perspective for a second, Boyd (regardless of fitness, skill or pace etc.) in the last 2 and a half seasons has scored more goals than ALL 3 of Walters new signings put together.

it is just a standard response from polar bear , as long as boyd does ot play , he is happy , what a terrible couple of days he must have had in the CIS & SC Final when boyd scored

in both ,

you were half right with your "april fool" comment

I think there is money to spend, Well to be honest there quite clearly is because WS will know he needs maybe a defender and midfielder hes not that daft.

As per usual though its the end of the world because we have signed up 3 strikers. There is ages left, after the Euros etc. it all happens, we will sign more players that is certain and a few will leave. I believe the way things are looking the budget must be around 15 million. Considering the few million we will take in for players.

I would be more concerned if it was the middle of July and making these type of signings. Hopefully we add a couple of quality players to the midfield and I dont count Davis as one of them. Early days yet so no need to get worked up at the moment.

Almost at a loss for words. I could understand the big Montenegran from Sporting, but Lafferty at 3.25m + add ons of .5m = crazy.

I will not believe the Lafferty bid until it is announced.

Velicka = ok

Miller - words fail me.

Overall I cannot believe this is happening.

Boyd?

I just cannot see DC and JCD attracting buyers.

This is intriguing.

I just have to reserve judgment for now, but I am very apprehensive about what WS is doing.

Sorry to disagree NV,but if Lafferty does indeed join us,I will be really pleased with the three striker signings. (tu) It's ovious Walter thinks Boyd has

very little to offer,and I agree.Way to go Walter (tu)

This has to be an April fools comment ?

Vey little to offer ? How can you possibly say that 71 goals in just over 2 and a half seasons is "very little to offer"?

Let's put things into perspective for a second, Boyd (regardless of fitness, skill or pace etc.) in the last 2 and a half seasons has scored more goals than ALL 3 of Walters new signings put together.

it is just a standard response from polar bear , as long as boyd does ot play , he is happy , what a terrible couple of days he must have had in the CIS & SC Final when boyd scored

in both ,

you were half right with your "april fool" comment

Some people have and would rather say we won nothing this year than say without boyd we wouldnt have won 2 trophies, but hey, whatever floats their boat...

I don't want to worry our members but Paul Dickov is available on a free and he suits the bill; past it, runs about and doesn,t score goals. A shining product of the 80,s and 90,s sfa coaching philosophy which Walter holds so dearly.

We could then have a hard working front 3 of Miller, Dickov and McCulloch. :unsure:

Is Van Basten fit enough? I'd sign him before Misser, he'd be a better partner for Dickov :mutley: