Very happy with the signings so far

MachoMan

So far so good if you ask me -

Kenny Miller - very hard worker who performed well under Walter for Scotland. Scored 6 goals for Derby which is not bad considering the whole team only scored 20 goals all season and were the amount of chances he got was few and far between. On top of that, he will give it his all to win the fans over and although his strike rate may not be amazing (although he may bang in lots of goals) he will certainly add far more as a team player than the likes of Kris Boyd. The fact that he used to play for celtic is irrelevant to any intelligent fan.

Velicka - always impressed by him when he was at Hearts. Had an excellent strike rate for the clubs he has played for (including Hearts) ans is a tough player who can handle the SPL as he has already proved he is tough enough for the SPL.

Kyle Lafferty - young impressive player who has shown his ability at international level. Is a Rangers man and for his age has done very very well. We may have paid over the odds but as long as he adds ability to the team then that won't really matter.

Players sold - Sebo, Gow - both had no future at the club so that's a bonus £1 million.

So far the squad is now stronger than last season. Still lots of players to come and go but things so far are looking quite good is you ask me.

There is no point in dreaming about fancy Euro 2008 players - as a club we cannot afford these players wages nor can we attract them to the club as right now we are the 2nd team in Scotland with no guaranteed Champions League football and any EPL can easily outbid us for any player that looks good at Euro 2008 - so we will have to make do with getting the best players we possibly can within our restrictions.

I feel the exact same way I think next season will be our year!!

:rangers:

we have been saying that every season.

and been right 51 times :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good news :) I'm glad Wolves are not wasting £3M on this guy. He is an average fizzy pop league player with a bad attitude. I'm not sure he would have even been a starter in our team, so whats the point ! No doubt we would have been shipping him up to Scotland in a couple of years anyway. Like we do with many of our rejects, Mo Camara, Henri Camara, Kenny Miller, Lee Naylor, Alex Rae, lol shall I go on? If they are not good enough for the fizzy pop league ... send them to the SPL ....

Quote from a wolves fan who watches the championship every week.

Who cares what one fan out of millions thinks? In my own experience, at least 90% of football fans don't know their arses from their elbows when it comes to the game!

interesting , are you in the 90%

or are you an expert in the 10% bracket

So far so good if you ask me -

Kenny Miller - very hard worker who performed well under Walter for Scotland. Scored 6 goals for Derby which is not bad considering the whole team only scored 20 goals all season and were the amount of chances he got was few and far between. On top of that, he will give it his all to win the fans over and although his strike rate may not be amazing (although he may bang in lots of goals) he will certainly add far more as a team player than the likes of Kris Boyd. The fact that he used to play for celtic is irrelevant to any intelligent fan.

Velicka - always impressed by him when he was at Hearts. Had an excellent strike rate for the clubs he has played for (including Hearts) and is a tough player who can handle the SPL as he has already proved he is tough enough for the SPL.

Kyle Lafferty - young impressive player who has shown his ability at international level. Is a Rangers man and for his age has done very very well. We may have paid over the odds but as long as he adds ability to the team then that won't really matter.

Players sold - Sebo, Gow - both had no future at the club so that's a bonus £1 million.

So far the squad is now stronger than last season. Still lots of players to come and go but things so far are looking quite good is you ask me.

There is no point in dreaming about fancy Euro 2008 players - as a club we cannot afford these players wages nor can we attract them to the club as right now we are the 2nd team in Scotland with no guaranteed Champions League football and any EPL club can easily outbid us for any player that looks good at Euro 2008 - so we will have to make do with getting the best players we possibly can within our restrictions.

Good post, welcome to RM. Im not sure about Miller, so I will reserve judgment untill I see him play. Velicka I think will be a good player for us. Lafferty is a strange one. He is excellent for Northern Ireland, but hasn't always been great for Burnley, and in this way is similar to players like Healy who are great at international level but poor at club level. If he reaches his NI form he will be a great signing, and though he may not score many himself, his true value will be the amount he sets up.

But we won't win the league imo until we sign a new quality midfield player and a right back.