Kris Boyd is not the answer

MachoMan

I don't understand this obsession with Kris Boyd. Yes his stats are superb, but since he has been at the club we have won nothing (apart from a few cups). Novo and Prso had far inferior strike rates bit that combo won us the league.

We have seen all that Boyd has to offer - yes he can get the goals against poor-average teams - but against any organised decent team he is useless. For example, his strike rate is up there with Larssons, but we all know that Larsson was a far far superior player so the stats don't tell the full picture. He is slow, lazy, has very questionable fitness, a poor first touch, no skill and if he does not score then you have basically played a game with 10 men.

We cannot rely on Kris Boyd...it just doesn't work. It is obvious he is not going to add anything to his game as he has been here for 2.5 seasons and he is the same player as the day he joined. His superb strike rate has got us nowhere and we need to look elsewhere as Boyd is not the answer.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this obsession with Kris Boyd. Yes his stats are superb, but since he has been at the club we have won nothing (apart from a few cups). Novo and Prso had far inferior strike rates bit that combo won us the league.

We have seen all that Boyd has to offer - yes he can get the goals against poor-average teams - but against any organised decent team he is useless. For example, his strike rate is up there with Larssons, but we all know that Larsson was a far far superior player so the stats don't tell the full picture. He is slow, lazy, has very questionable fitness, a poor first touch, no skill and if he does not score then you have basically played a game with 10 men.

We cannot rely on Kris Boyd...it just doesn't work. It is obvious he is not going to add anything to his game as he has been here for 2.5 seasons and he is the same player as the day he joined. His superb strike rate has got us nowhere and we need to look elsewhere as Boyd is not the answer.

you say it yourself a complimentary partnership, boyd has not had a consistent partner, nor the chance to prove himself against the big teams.

Goals wins games. He did win us two cups. In my opinion he is PART of the answer and I hope he stays. Him and Velicka look a good combination to me.

1 guy doesnt make a team so singling boyd out is unfair,and correct me if im mistaken but we won 2 cups this year?

you answered your own question really in the first line,boyds stats are superb

you say we cannot rely of kris boyd? well who else won us 2 cups this year?

i just cant fathom this,weve just bought a non scorer in miller,a non scorer in lafferty(maybe) and a 1 in 2 guy in velicka,boyd could put them all to shame with his deadly finishing but its hey ho of you go boyd.

you say it yourself a complimentary partnership, boyd has not had a consistent partner, nor the chance to prove himself against the big teams.

bit Novo and Prso both complimented each others game. Boyd can not do anything like that, he can't pass or create chances for his partner...he has one ability - scoring goals from around 10 yeards...he has no ability for link up play as seen by the amount of times he gets caught offside. He is basically the adult version of the guy at school who got called a "lazy poacher"!

I wouldnt say it was his superb strike rate that hasnt got us nowhere but some pish poor defending at times

Yet another poster who thinks a stikers role is the following:

Someone with boyds ratio/finishing, combined with a messi like skill, the ability to get the ball at the halfway line, mazy past 5 players, cross it into the box then get on the end of it himself!

Cant get my breath sometimes

bit Novo and Prso both complimented each others game. Boyd can not do anything like that, he can't pass or create chances for his partner...he has one ability - scoring goals from around 10 yeards...he has no ability for link up play as seen by the amount of times he gets caught offside. He is basically the adult version of the guy at school who got called a "lazy poacher"!

Boyd needs people to create chances, so what so did Superally, when PLG was here, Boyd has the most assists in Europe in the Rangers team

boyd needs a partner to be productive , as all great strikers do

just ask McCoist , he had hateley

if you are happy with walter signing miller - great , i am not

as for boyd not scoring against the bigger teams , he has started 2 old firm games and scored in one

he has played 13 international goals and scored 8 times

the reason he does not score against the european teams is WS prefers defensive formations

if boyd had played more at the end of the season in the SPL , we would be champions , IMO

Mark my words - with Boyd out of the picture you will see a much faster deadlier strike force. Yes, we may only beat East Fife in the CIS Cup 3-0 instead of 6-0 without Boyd...but we will be able to go to Pittodrie/Parkhead and get 1-0 or 2-1 wins wheras with Boyd there is little chance of that happening.

Anyone can see that Boyd is a very very limited player. No pace or technical ability.

Boyd needs people to create chances, so what so did Superally, when PLG was here, Boyd has the most assists in Europe in the Rangers team

DO, surely you know better than to introduce facts like that! its the 10 yard thing that gets me as well, as if none of his goals have ever been from outside the 6 yard box :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure the next one is "he has never scored against Barca" or some other tripe

He is a striker, his job is to put the ball in the net, end of. Surely, by any means neccesary? Some of the stick he gets is akin to complaining that Shagger doesnt put enough crosses into the box, or, take on his man!

Mark my words - with Boyd out of the picture you will see a much faster deadlier strike force. Yes, we may only beat East Fife in the CIS Cup 3-0 instead of 6-0 without Boyd...but we will be able to go to Pittodrie/Parkhead and get 1-0 or 2-1 wins wheras with Boyd there is little chance of that happening.

Anyone can see that Boyd is a very very limited player. No pace or technical ability.

like.... the season just gone?

pmsl now your just talking absolute pish

we'd come away with 1-0's or 2-1's from parkhead without boyd but would only beat east fife by 3 instead of 6 if boyd wasnt playing?

your at the fuckin wind up m8

Boyd is a natural goal scorer

You dont need to be world class to score a bag full of goals

Yes he is slow but he managed over 20 goals last year as rotational player!

I am not a fan of Miller coming back but i think if he partners boyd it will work for BOTH players.

Without Boyd we would have won fcuk all this season!

So its boyds fault we havent won the league now :unsure: ?

I think people forget, HE won us both cups this season.

i have not forgotten , he deserves better than the shite he gets in here from some

when he leaves and we are left with no goal threat , then we might appreciate the art of goalscoring

like.... the season just gone?

We came very very close to winning the league. Walters first season back was a huge suceess when you consider the position we were in when he arrived. He closed the gap with celtic from a massive gap to the league going to the last day of the season.

I do agree that Boyd does score goals, but he offers nothing else which means the games he doesn't score in are basically played with 10 men. You can see from his touch/control/pace that he is not up to much as a footballer.

Put it this way - what EPL clubs do you think would want him in their team? Probably none. If he does move it will be to the Championship as he simply has no technical ability.