Kris Boyd is not the answer

MachoMan

So its boyds fault we havent won the league now :unsure: ?

I think people forget, HE won us both cups this season.

i have not forgotten , he deserves better than the shite he gets in here from some

when he leaves and we are left with no goal threat , then we might appreciate the art of goalscoring

Some people on here would critisize a 40 goal a season striker. Some fans arent happy with anything.

It would be he doesnt track back. or..He doesnt pass enough.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark my words - with Boyd out of the picture you will see a much faster deadlier strike force. Yes, we may only beat East Fife in the CIS Cup 3-0 instead of 6-0 without Boyd...but we will be able to go to Pittodrie/Parkhead and get 1-0 or 2-1 wins wheras with Boyd there is little chance of that happening.

Anyone can see that Boyd is a very very limited player. No pace or technical ability.

like.... the season just gone?

We came very very close to winning the league. Walters first season back was a huge suceess when you consider the position we were in when he arrived. He closed the gap with celtic from a massive gap to the league going to the last day of the season.

I do agree that Boyd does score goals, but he offers nothing else which means the games he doesn't score in are basically played with 10 men. You can see from his touch/control/pace that he is not up to much as a footballer.

Put it this way - what EPL clubs do you think would want him in their team? Probably none. If he does move it will be to the Championship as he simply has no technical ability.

We didnt win the league, most people were complaining about lack of attacking edge etc etc, so?

Dont agree with the 2nd paragraph, given, he has several assists this season, plus, go back to DO's post about Europe. Couple with the vast improvement in his all round game, as even noted by some of his biggest detractors on here, it may be an opinion, but, I cant see where it is founded?

I cant speak for the clubs and management of course, but, given I live down here, i work with fans of Liverpool, Man Utd, both Sheffield teams, Spurs, and Newcastle, and, they would all have him in a heartbeat, and cant understand why he doesnt get a game. Go figure?

I work with fans of Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs, and they would all have him in a heartbeat

simpsonsvu6.jpg

your absolutly right randy,you know, what do all these fans know about football eh,who'd have ever have thought you'd need to score to win games.

i think any club in the world(obviously a fair few exception)would take a player who bangs in goals for fun

I work with fans of Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs, and they would all have him in a heartbeat

simpsonsvu6.jpg

your absolutly right randy,you know, what do all these fans know about football eh,who'd have ever have thought you'd need to score to win games.

i think any club in the world(obviously a fair few exception)would take a player who bangs in goals for fun

Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs would never ever dream of signing a player like Kris Boyd. Anybody who thinks so must be genuinely Insane in the Membrane!

simpsonsvu6.jpg

I work with loads of Celtic fans ! and even THEY would have him in a second!

Kris Boyd Loyal, A fit prso was his perfect partner imo!

Bring Back Dado :harhar:

Why would celtic want Kris Boyd when they already have a similar but far superior player to Kris Boyd - Scott McDonald!

Why would celtic want Kris Boyd when they already have a similar but far superior player to Kris Boyd - Scott McDonald!

Lets not start this debate!!!

Boyd is a great player FACT!

No Boyd = Minus 20/30 goals per season! (or in this seasons case no silverware!)

ermmm......................

you say it yourself a complimentary partnership, boyd has not had a consistent partner, nor the chance to prove himself against the big teams.

bit Novo and Prso both complimented each others game. Boyd can not do anything like that, he can't pass or create chances for his partner...he has one ability - scoring goals from around 10 yeards...he has no ability for link up play as seen by the amount of times he gets caught offside. He is basically the adult version of the guy at school who got called a "lazy poacher"!

So novo and prso score 35-40 goals between them, boyd scores 25 a season without a regular partner, who this year, if hes playing one, could also bag 15-20 goals, thats 40-45, which is better?

I don't understand this obsession with Kris Boyd. Yes his stats are superb, but since he has been at the club we have won nothing (apart from a few cups). Novo and Prso had far inferior strike rates bit that combo won us the league.

We have seen all that Boyd has to offer - yes he can get the goals against poor-average teams - but against any organised decent team he is useless. For example, his strike rate is up there with Larssons, but we all know that Larsson was a far far superior player so the stats don't tell the full picture. He is slow, lazy, has very questionable fitness, a poor first touch, no skill and if he does not score then you have basically played a game with 10 men.

We cannot rely on Kris Boyd...it just doesn't work. It is obvious he is not going to add anything to his game as he has been here for 2.5 seasons and he is the same player as the day he joined. His superb strike rate has got us nowhere and we need to look elsewhere as Boyd is not the answer.

I think it's a bit unfair to blame Boyd for us not winning the League when he hardly started a premier league match last term - or do you not remember? Also if it wasn't for his goals in those "few cups" we might not have won anything and may have been looking at 3 seasons without a trophy.

Lol.

The tims were all slagging McDonald for the exact same reasons Boyd takes a pasting for, when they 7 behind in the league. Then when they were winning again it was all forgiven.

McDonald has the build of Charlie Adam and is as ludicrous a diver as Boyd.

Far superior? Fuck off. Same player in a midget fat cunts body.

ermmm......................

That was my thought <_<

Lol.

The tims were all slagging McDonald for the exact same reasons Boyd takes a pasting for, when they 7 behind in the league. Then when they were winning again it was all forgiven.

McDonald has the build of Charlie Adam and is as ludicrous a diver as Boyd.

Far superior? Fuck off. Same player in a midget fat cunts body.

:lol:

McDonald has inherited that Larsson trait of backing into players rthen falling over to win free kicks (i.e. that penalty vs. Broadfoot). He's a wee fanny who started double the amount of games Boyd did, and scored only a handful more.

I think all are agreed that Boyd is a goal scorer and little else. We all agree he needs to play with a partner to be effective. He could not play effectively with JCD or with Cousin, the only partnership that looked promising was the few times that he and Novo were paired.

I want a striker whose main aim to score goals and Boyd is by far the best in our squad at doing that. A huge problem for him as well as for Novo is that last season when both have played well and scored goals they were immediately dropped for the following games and useless lumps like McCulloch and Adam were brought in.

Statistics can show anything that you want but when Boyd has started regularly the team has scored less goals. Again there is the argument that his presence was the reason we won two trophies.

So surely the solution would be to change our style of play and have our strategy to go out out to win games, play our natural goalscorer with a partner who can draw defenders out of position and do the hard work and also score goals. I do not think that our recent purchases fit that bill but two players on our books,Buffel and Novo, if given the regular chance to play with Boyd could form a partnership that could score a lot of goals.

It is a pity that our manager does not see goalscoring or going out with the aim to win games as a priority so there would seem to be little chance of Boyd and Novo having much of a future with us and in the case of Buffel, no chance of an opportunity to show if he could play a part.

I think all are agreed that Boyd is a goal scorer and little else. We all agree he needs to play with a partner to be effective. He could not play effectively with JCD or with Cousin, the only partnership that looked promising was the few times that he and Novo were paired.

I want a striker whose main aim to score goals and Boyd is by far the best in our squad at doing that. A huge problem for him as well as for Novo is that last season when both have played well and scored goals they were immediately dropped for the following games and useless lumps like McCulloch and Adam were brought in.

Statistics can show anything that you want but when Boyd has started regularly the team has scored less goals. Again there is the argument that his presence was the reason we won two trophies.

So surely the solution would be to change our style of play and have our strategy to go out out to win games, play our natural goalscorer with a partner who can draw defenders out of position and do the hard work and also score goals. I do not think that our recent purchases fit that bill but two players on our books,Buffel and Novo, if given the regular chance to play with Boyd could form a partnership that could score a lot of goals.

It is a pity that our manager does not see goalscoring or going out with the aim to win games as a priority so there would seem to be little chance of Boyd and Novo having much of a future with us and in the case of Buffel, no chance of an opportunity to show if he could play a part.

You read my mind!

Great post!

simpsonsvu6.jpg

Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs would never ever dream of signing a player like Kris Boyd. Anybody who thinks so must be genuinely Insane in the Membrane!

Haha, THAT is your argument?? :rolleyes:

Guess what, its their fans opinions, and, well, they are used to good players eh?

Highlighted bits

1 - Dont agree

2 - God wouldnt that be nice!!!

3 - grudgingly agree

His stats aren't all that great:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dhj59mbz_2fvcp62c6

See my thread:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...p;#entry2457928

I don't think he's really a 1 in 2 striker. Penalties and freekicks bump up the stats, and a lot of his goals come when he didn't actually start the match.

15 SPL goals last season. 3 were penalties and 2 were free kicks.

So you could say 10 goals in 29 SPL appearances. 5 of those were after coming on as a sub. Adding on pens/fk's it's 15.

Talking about this to my pal the other day.

The basics of football are

That the defenders are there to defend/prevent chances and anything offensively is a bonus.

The midfielders are there to create chances - for the forwards - and defend , the central areas also defend in particular.

The strikers score.

Kris Boyd scores, its simple really.

We've let Sasa's attacking talent progress - he now runs with the ball and tries - as we could we could defend well enough, lets let Kris develop too.

Even Marvin was pish, he could only tackle and head. )Some things are pish but good, like bad jokes delivered well.) Thats what a defender is supposed to do, tackle and win the ball. Just like we need an organsier beside Carlos, we need a partner for Kris but teams are about compartments and lets get Boyd working properly.

His stats aren't all that great:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dhj59mbz_2fvcp62c6

See my thread:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...p;#entry2457928

I don't think he's really a 1 in 2 striker. Penalties and freekicks bump up the stats, and a lot of his goals come when he didn't actually start the match.

15 SPL goals last season. 3 were penalties and 2 were free kicks.

So you could say 10 goals in 29 SPL appearances. 5 of those were after coming on as a sub. Adding on pens/fk's it's 15.

So.... 25 goals in 25 starts in all competitions, top scorer by some distance from a bit part player. What's your point exactly?