Kris Boyd is not the answer

MachoMan

"like bad jokes delivered well."

like lee mcculloch for 2.2 million

I'm more thinking of Nacho, a truly awful player when you look at the basics but his work-rate and passion make the supre playre he is.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His stats aren't all that great:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dhj59mbz_2fvcp62c6

See my thread:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...p;#entry2457928

I don't think he's really a 1 in 2 striker. Penalties and freekicks bump up the stats, and a lot of his goals come when he didn't actually start the match.

15 SPL goals last season. 3 were penalties and 2 were free kicks.

So you could say 10 goals in 29 SPL appearances. 5 of those were after coming on as a sub. Adding on pens/fk's it's 15.

He should take more, we are shit at free kicks!

Surely a 1 in 2 striker, is just a striker, who scores a goal every 2 games? Doesnt matter what kind of goal, a goal is a goal

Talking about this to my pal the other day.

The basics of football are

That the defenders are there to defend/prevent chances and anything offensively is a bonus.

The midfielders are there to create chances - for the forwards - and defend , the central areas also defend in particular.

The strikers score.

Kris Boyd scores, its simple really.

We've let Sasa's attacking talent progress - he now runs with the ball and tries - as we could we could defend well enough, lets let Kris develop too.

Even Marvin was pish, he could only tackle and head. )Some things are pish but good, like bad jokes delivered well.) Thats what a defender is supposed to do, tackle and win the ball. Just like we need an organsier beside Carlos, we need a partner for Kris but teams are about compartments and lets get Boyd working properly.

nicely said

To pick up what you said,

Defence - ours does pretty well

Midfield - create chances? haha, nah, we dont really

Strikers - apart from boyd, they dont really score a lot

Marv was pish, bit, he still has 2 more attributes than Lee haha

Mark my words - with Boyd out of the picture you will see a much faster deadlier strike force. Yes, we may only beat East Fife in the CIS Cup 3-0 instead of 6-0 without Boyd...but we will be able to go to Pittodrie/Parkhead and get 1-0 or 2-1 wins wheras with Boyd there is little chance of that happening.

Anyone can see that Boyd is a very very limited player. No pace or technical ability.

like.... the season just gone?

We came very very close to winning the league. Walters first season back was a huge suceess when you consider the position we were in when he arrived. He closed the gap with celtic from a massive gap to the league going to the last day of the season.

I do agree that Boyd does score goals, but he offers nothing else which means the games he doesn't score in are basically played with 10 men. You can see from his touch/control/pace that he is not up to much as a footballer.

Put it this way - what EPL clubs do you think would want him in their team? Probably none. If he does move it will be to the Championship as he simply has no technical ability.

"I do agree that Boyd does score goals, but he offers nothing else which

means the games he doesn't score in are basically played with 10 men"

What a stupid f.ckin statement...

Take this seasons game against StMirren at Ibrox for example, a cross

goes into the box (from Ferguson I think) where Boyd is lurking and ALL

three St Mirren defenders identify Boyd as the main danger and all three

move towards him. The cross is too long and the ball bypasses Boyd (and

the defenders) and lands at the feet of Burke who is unmarked and he

drills the ball into the net.

Now Boyd didn't score, neither did he make the assist and as far as

stats are concerned he played no real part in the goal. However his

presence in the box along with his reputation resulted in the St Mirren

players concentrating on what Boyd might do, leaving Burke at the back

"unmarked" and free to score.

Just because you don't score in a match or don't make any assists

doesn't mean your involvement is any less significant. I have seen this

on countless occasions when Boyd has played, defenders following Boyd's

movement, more interested in what he might do and leaving other players

unmarked.

I don't understand this obsession with Kris Boyd. Yes his stats are superb, but since he has been at the club we have won nothing (apart from a few cups). Novo and Prso had far inferior strike rates bit that combo won us the league.

We have seen all that Boyd has to offer - yes he can get the goals against poor-average teams - but against any organised decent team he is useless. For example, his strike rate is up there with Larssons, but we all know that Larsson was a far far superior player so the stats don't tell the full picture. He is slow, lazy, has very questionable fitness, a poor first touch, no skill and if he does not score then you have basically played a game with 10 men.

We cannot rely on Kris Boyd...it just doesn't work. It is obvious he is not going to add anything to his game as he has been here for 2.5 seasons and he is the same player as the day he joined. His superb strike rate has got us nowhere and we need to look elsewhere as Boyd is not the answer.

boyd is not the answer?

mate tell me what the answer is to winning games? goals perhaps? aye

if boyd had a consistant partner who bonded well then wed win more. boyd is most certainly PART of the answer

Mark my words - with Boyd out of the picture you will see a much faster deadlier strike force. Yes, we may only beat East Fife in the CIS Cup 3-0 instead of 6-0 without Boyd...but we will be able to go to Pittodrie/Parkhead and get 1-0 or 2-1 wins wheras with Boyd there is little chance of that happening.

Anyone can see that Boyd is a very very limited player. No pace or technical ability.

dealier? name one striker in the spl who is deadlier than KB as a striker

We came very very close to winning the league. Walters first season back was a huge suceess when you consider the position we were in when he arrived. He closed the gap with celtic from a massive gap to the league going to the last day of the season.

I do agree that Boyd does score goals, but he offers nothing else which means the games he doesn't score in are basically played with 10 men. You can see from his touch/control/pace that he is not up to much as a footballer.

Put it this way - what EPL clubs do you think would want him in their team? Probably none. If he does move it will be to the Championship as he simply has no technical ability.

"I do agree that Boyd does score goals, but he offers nothing else which

means the games he doesn't score in are basically played with 10 men"

What a stupid f.ckin statement...

Take this seasons game against StMirren at Ibrox for example, a cross

goes into the box (from Ferguson I think) where Boyd is lurking and ALL

three St Mirren defenders identify Boyd as the main danger and all three

move towards him. The cross is too long and the ball bypasses Boyd (and

the defenders) and lands at the feet of Burke who is unmarked and he

drills the ball into the net.

Now Boyd didn't score, neither did he make the assist and as far as

stats are concerned he played no real part in the goal. However his

presence in the box along with his reputation resulted in the St Mirren

players concentrating on what Boyd might do, leaving Burke at the back

"unmarked" and free to score.

Just because you don't score in a match or don't make any assists

doesn't mean your involvement is any less significant. I have seen this

on countless occasions when Boyd has played, defenders following Boyd's

movement, more interested in what he might do and leaving other players

unmarked.

in a nutshell

See my thread:

I don't think he's really a 1 in 2 striker. Penalties and freekicks bump up the stats, and a lot of his goals come when he didn't actually start the match.

So you could say 10 goals in 29 SPL appearances. 5 of those were after coming on as a sub. Adding on pens/fk's it's 15.

surley it does not matter how you score - they all count

his career stats are superb

See my thread:

So.... 25 goals in 25 starts in all competitions, top scorer by some distance from a bit part player. What's your point exactly?

his point is , he does not rate him

after all " boyd only scores goals"

get him a striking partner , and we will win the title

I've never been a fan of Boyd, but I'm going to give him a chance this season and see what happens. He infuriates me more than Broadfoot, but he also makes me happier than any other player with the goals he scores. I wont be upset if he goes, but I think he should get a chance up front with one of the new signings.

I work with loads of Celtic fans ! and even THEY would have him in a second!

Kris Boyd Loyal, A fit prso was his perfect partner imo!

Bring Back Dado :harhar:

Why would celtic want Kris Boyd when they already have a similar but far superior player to Kris Boyd - Scott McDonald!

ermmm......................

That was my thought <_<

Me too....

Why would celtic want Kris Boyd when they already have a similar but far superior player to Kris Boyd - Scott McDonald!

That was my thought <_<

Me too....

did not post it , but thought it

That was my thought <_<

Me too....

post it,by all means show our a paranoid bassa like the rest of us :pipe:

That was my thought <_<

Me too....

post it,by all means show our a paranoid bassa like the rest of us :pipe:

hahaha

See my thread:

So.... 25 goals in 25 starts in all competitions, top scorer by some distance from a bit part player. What's your point exactly?

No.

25 goals in 40 appearances. 14 goals in 25 starts including cups.

The point is that he doesn't even come close to scoring in every match he plays in like some of you suggest. And taking away pens/fk's even less so.

See my thread:

No.

The point is that he doesn't even come close to scoring in every match he plays in like some of you suggest. And taking away pens/fk's even less so.

Thats were you are wrong m8, I have done the math and Boyd last season played only 2200 minutes (the equivelant of 24.5 full games) and managed to net 25 times which works out at 1 goal every 88minutes (1 goal per game).

What makes this statistic even more interesting is the fact that we played 68 competative matches last season, so in theory Boyd (despite being fully fit all season) has only played in a third of our games and still managed to be our top scorer.

I wouldn't want to lose Boyd but he surely must buck up his ideas if he wants a place on the bench nevermind the starting 11. I think he believes his own hype and doesn't seem bothered about improving the weaker parts of his game. If Boyd works on his first touch and puts in a but more effort he would progress into a top class striker - the guy has the world at his feet and he needs to realise this.

We went to porhead twice last season without Boyd and did we win ? did we fuck

boyd = goals = league winners

Yet another poster who thinks a stikers role is the following:

Someone with boyds ratio/finishing, combined with a messi like skill, the ability to get the ball at the halfway line, mazy past 5 players, cross it into the box then get on the end of it himself!

Cant get my breath sometimes

Id be happy with a striker, who:

Got his fair share of goals

Could do the basics (Control the ball, Head the ball, pass the ball, hold up the ball and bring others into the game)

Was fit

Wasnt moody

Yet another poster who thinks a stikers role is the following:

Someone with boyds ratio/finishing, combined with a messi like skill, the ability to get the ball at the halfway line, mazy past 5 players, cross it into the box then get on the end of it himself!

Cant get my breath sometimes

Id be happy with a striker, who:

Got his fair share of goals

Could do the basics (Control the ball, Head the ball, pass the ball, hold up the ball and bring others into the game)

Was fit

Wasnt moody

strikers are judged on goals , he scores goals , it sounds pretty simple to me

give him a run with another striker and i think we would reap the benefits

he cannot get match fit , sitting on the bench

we would all like "the complete striker " but Rangers could never afford that type of player , that is why we have signed Velicka ,Miller and Lafferty , that is the standard of player that we can afford

IMO , these players are no better than boyd

See my thread:

No.

Thats were you are wrong m8, I have done the math and Boyd last season played only 2200 minutes (the equivelant of 24.5 full games) and managed to net 25 times which works out at 1 goal every 88minutes (1 goal per game).

What I'm saying is that averages don't mean shit and don't paint a realistic picture.

See my thread:

No.

What I'm saying is that averages don't mean shit and don't paint a realistic picture.

Okay 1 and 1/2 cup finals (CIS came on as sub late on and played ET)

4 goals

1 goal saves the final, anticipates the player making a pass back, he is running before the ball is struck,

the next goal also saves the final, puttin g his head in where other players would not.

Scores the winning penalty.

Scores a tremendous freekick that no other player in our team even looks like scoring.

Scores the winner

2 goals per each cup final, some average that.

So if boyd scores the only goal for us in a match and its a penalty does that not count? it does if it earns as a draw or a fking win

Most of his goals were tap-ins too, those dont count either I guess? :rolleyes:

some people forget his countless doubles and hatricks against aberdeen/hibs/hearts/kilmarnock in games where only he scored, god forbid you take away them and we have a lot of 0-0s