Kris Boyd is not the answer

MachoMan

1 goal saves the final, anticipates the player making a pass back, he is running before the ball is struck

That was astonishing, the sign of a truly great poacher, he just sees chances that most of us don't see.

I'd hate to see him go.

If we'd had the interweb in Ally's early days you'd have had loads of pishy threads like this about him.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His stats aren't all that great:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dhj59mbz_2fvcp62c6

See my thread:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...p;#entry2457928

I don't think he's really a 1 in 2 striker. Penalties and freekicks bump up the stats, and a lot of his goals come when he didn't actually start the match.

15 SPL goals last season. 3 were penalties and 2 were free kicks.

So you could say 10 goals in 29 SPL appearances. 5 of those were after coming on as a sub. Adding on pens/fk's it's 15.

So.... 25 goals in 25 starts in all competitions, top scorer by some distance from a bit part player. What's your point exactly?

No.

25 goals in 40 appearances. 14 goals in 25 starts including cups.

The point is that he doesn't even come close to scoring in every match he plays in like some of you suggest. And taking away pens/fk's even less so.

Thats were you are wrong m8, I have done the math and Boyd last season played only 2200 minutes (the equivelant of 24.5 full games) and managed to net 25 times which works out at 1 goal every 88minutes (1 goal per game).

What I'm saying is that averages don't mean shit and don't paint a realistic picture.

"Penalties and freekicks bump up the stats"

Of course they fuckin do, unless i'm mistaken they are still counted as goals!!

"25 goals in 40 appearances"

Yes he may have played some part in 40 of our games but as i've pointed out he didnt actually play 40 full games it was more like 25, so your 25 in 40 stat is missleading to say the least.

"averages don't mean shit "

What you are spouting is total shit !!

You mention he has scored pens and free kicks as if they should be taken away from his goal tally, just because a team gets a free kick or pen doesn't mean they are guaranteed a goal, they still have to be scored. Next you will be telling us that Ronaldo's goal tally for Man Utd this season isnt that great either as he has scored lots of free kicks and pen's as well.

1 goal saves the final, anticipates the player making a pass back, he is running before the ball is struck

That was astonishing, the sign of a truly great poacher, he just sees chances that most of us don't see.

I'd hate to see him go.

If we'd had the interweb in Ally's early days you'd have had loads of pishy threads like this about him.

good point , and he scored goals in games he was non existent in

very similar to boyd

i get the impression sometimes that people think Ally was a superb footballer , which he was not , but he was a superb finisher

So if boyd scores the only goal for us in a match and its a penalty does that not count? it does if it earns as a draw or a fking win

Most of his goals were tap-ins too, those dont count either I guess? :rolleyes:

some people forget his countless doubles and hatricks against aberdeen/hibs/hearts/kilmarnock in games where only he scored, god forbid you take away them and we have a lot of 0-0s

Great Post FlippinEck (tu)

I have just finnished watching the Italy v France game and Italy won 2-0 but i'm confused, one was from a penalty and one from a free kick..... my question is, arent these goals not supposed to count?

Well according to some people they aren't, doh

So if boyd scores the only goal for us in a match and its a penalty does that not count? it does if it earns as a draw or a fking win

some people forget his countless doubles and hatricks against aberdeen/hibs/hearts/kilmarnock in games where only he scored, god forbid you take away them and we have a lot of 0-0s

I have just finnished watching the Italy v France game and Italy won 2-0 but i'm confused, one was from a penalty and one from a free kick..... my question is, arent these goals not supposed to count?

they need to be from open play , no pens or free kicks

they need to be from open play , no pens or free kicks

So it was 0-0 then?

can't believe the shit on here about boyd, disregarding goals because they were free kicks or pens.

He's the best out and out goalscorer we've had since Ally, but yet he's still not good enough?

Get a fucking grip. :angry2:

you say it yourself a complimentary partnership, boyd has not had a consistent partner, nor the chance to prove himself against the big teams.

bit Novo and Prso both complimented each others game. Boyd can not do anything like that, he can't pass or create chances for his partner...he has one ability - scoring goals from around 10 yeards...he has no ability for link up play as seen by the amount of times he gets caught offside. He is basically the adult version of the guy at school who got called a "lazy poacher"!

I thought his link up play in the cup final was gd and that he is adding that to his game. luca toni plays for italy he does nothing but score, he gets in gd positions and scores, boyd is the same!! how come toni gets praised for positioning and boyd gets slagged for being lazy even tho he finds the same positions!!

boyd is one of the best players we have for what he does. Any player who can win you two cups single handedly, score 25 goals as a bit part player is hardly shite. I doubt many clubs would be that pissed if they had kris boyd on their radar. Although by the looks of it walter doesnt rate the lad at all.

Of course they count, but anyone can take a penalty. His goal tally benefits because he decides to take the pens. DUH.

No... they can't. Barry Ferguson is not having much joy with penalties these days is he. His goal tally benefits because when he is on the park the TEAM decide that he should take the penalties because he is MOST LIKELY to score. And whats your point about him scoring 2 free kicks? I guess you mean anyone can score free kicks? Scoring free kicks is not really a skill is it?

I am convinced that the OP is at the wind up especially after the "Scott McD far superior" comment... so not going to get over excited about this thread

Kris Boyd, best striker since Ally. Get him his Hateley and watch the records roll in.

Of course they count, but anyone can take a penalty. His goal tally benefits because he decides to take the pens. DUH.

No... they can't. Barry Ferguson is not having much joy with penalties these days is he. His goal tally benefits because when he is on the park the TEAM decide that he should take the penalties because he is MOST LIKELY to score. And whats your point about him scoring 2 free kicks? I guess you mean anyone can score free kicks? Scoring free kicks is not really a skill is it?

I am convinced that the OP is at the wind up especially after the "Scott McD far superior" comment... so not going to get over excited about this thread

Kris Boyd, best striker since Ally. Get him his Hateley and watch the records roll in.

Thas a good point, I think earlier, he was on about Mcdonald and larsson before that, plus, left the place around the end of school/college time :P

Am pretty sure all those moaning about Boyd have short term memory loss. When we had a team full of "complete" strikers, before we signed Boyd, such as Arveladze, Prso, Lovenkrands etc etc, the majority opinion was.... we need a goalscorer, and "Ally" type player, so, we got one, and now folk moan he isnt the complete striker? Some of our fans are like 4 year olds, "i want that i want that", they get it, then its "dont want that, i want that"

How come in the season just gone, did we score more goals when it was a combination of JCD and Boyd, rather than, Cousin/JCD etc? Surely, jcd and cousin were complete strikers?

Of course they count, but anyone can take a penalty.

Stuart Pierce, Roberto Baggio, Nicolas Anelka, John Terry, Dixie 'fat fhanny' Deans and dozens more prove your point.

But successfully sticking the ball in the pokey is much more difficult than just taking a penalty!

According to Clyde this morning, Boyd has stated that he will be staying at Rangers .. the only reason he would leave is if WS tells him his time is up.

Take from that what you will.

According to Clyde this morning, Boyd has stated that he will be staying at Rangers .. the only reason he would leave is if WS tells him his time is up.

Take from that what you will.

Boyd is a good striker not great yet, he is hard and painful to watch sometimes, but some of the goals are magnificant. Like the last one he scored for scotland, but can't get on the park.

Yes he needs to work on his skills somewhat but every footballer does.

If he gets a good run is confidence will return and then we shall see.

My only concern is, that if Boydy is such a great striker like some say on here, why o why doesn't someone bid millions for him?.

Please someone answer that one? :bouncy:

Another stupid f.cking statement, please tell me your not serious?

If "anyone" can take a penalty then tell me why you dont see any goalkeepers taking them? As i've said before a Penalty is NOT a guranteed goal, just ask the likes of Adrian Mutu who's "MISSED" penalty ended up costing his side a place in the last 8 of Euro '08.

Taking a penalty not only requires skill but genuine confidence and mental character.

The fact Boyd continues to be able to do this (with the odd miss) despite not playing regularly shows that, while many of probably share the same criticisms of him, he remains a striker who we could always rely on to score goals.

As much as I get frustrated with the lad's negative points, he's a player I'd be desperately sorry to lose.

Another stupid f.cking statement, please tell me your not serious?

If "anyone" can take a penalty then tell me why you dont see any goalkeepers taking them? As i've said before a Penalty is NOT a guranteed goal, just ask the likes of Adrian Mutu who's "MISSED" penalty ended up costing his side a place in the last 8 of Euro '08.

Are you serious? You'd want a keeper having to run the length of the pitch if it was saved?

Some of your are nutcases.

The fact that the only club really interested in buying him is Cardiff tells you all you need to know. Clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, Milan, Barcelona etc would never ever sign him as he has no skill or footballing talent other than poaching goals from 4 yards out, which is mostly good enough for the SPL, but he would and does get found out when playing against decent defences. No top half EPL club would sign him and to be honest I doubt any EPL club would sign him as he simply does not have the talent to play at the top level. In a Premiership game, the amount of times he would be caught offside would verge on the ridiculous. He is no Ally McCoist either....McCoist was far faster, had a far better touch and could pass a ball and link up to a reasonable degree. Same goes for Mols before his injury - now he was a class striker with bags of ability and he could play well against the top teams.

I would keep him though as we play in the SPL so a good SPL striker is what we need....but games against top European teams? he just isn't close to good enough to play against these types of teams.

A lot of EPL clubs are interested in our top players but none are interested in Boyd....there is a very good reason for that!

The fact that the only club really interested in buying him is Cardiff tells you all you need to know. Clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, Milan, Barcelona etc would never ever sign him as he has no skill or footballing talent other than poaching goals from 4 yards out, which is mostly good enough for the SPL, but he would and does get found out when playing against decent defences. No top half EPL club would sign him and to be honest I doubt any EPL club would sign him as he simply does not have the talent to play at the top level. In a Premiership game, the amount of times he would be caught offside would verge on the ridiculous. He is no Ally McCoist either....McCoist was far faster, had a far better touch and could pass a ball and link up to a reasonable degree. Same goes for Mols before his injury - now he was a class striker with bags of ability and he could play well against the top teams.

I would keep him though as we play in the SPL so a good SPL striker is what we need....but games against top European teams? he just isn't close to good enough to play against these types of teams.

A lot of EPL clubs are interested in our top players but none are interested in Boyd....there is a very good reason for that!

no top half EPL club would ever buy a striker from rangers anyway if it was boyd or not doh

In a Premiership game, the amount of times he would be caught offside would verge on the ridiculous

how do you work that out? EPL defences get caught out very easily, ask torres (and im not comparing boyd to torres...). If boyd has the right people supplying him (like buffel from boyds first 6 months at the club when he nearly scored 40 goals between two teams) he can score against anyone...

maybe other teams think because of his exceptional goal tally that we would never sell him so dont bother wasting their time with an offer :harhar:

anyway, your time is up :rolleyes:

how do you work that out? EPL defences get caught out very easily, ask torres (and im not comparing boyd to torres...). If boyd has the right people supplying him (like buffel from boyds first 6 months at the club when he nearly scored 40 goals between two teams) he can score against anyone...

maybe other teams think because of his exceptional goal tally that we would never sell him so dont bother wasting their time with an offer :harhar:

Mark my words....Boyd either this summer or the next will be signed by a Championship club for around £2 million as that is his level. He can bang them in against St.Johnstone etc but when it comes to playing teams in the Champions League or the EPL?...he would be way out of his depth...he can even get himself in shape! I may be in the minority, but I would not at all be bothered if Walter told Boyd he has no future at the club.

Mark my words....Boyd either this summer or the next will be signed by a Championship club for around £2 million as that is his level. He can bang them in against St.Johnstone etc but when it comes to playing teams in the CHampions League or the EPL?...he is would be way out of his depth...he can even get himself in shape! I may be in a the minotiry, but I would not at all be bothered if Walter told Boyd he has no future at the club.

So his goals against Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen dont count? What about his goal against celtic, or does that not count because they had already won the league :rolleyes:

Mark my words - with Boyd out of the picture you will see a much faster deadlier strike force. Yes, we may only beat East Fife in the CIS Cup 3-0 instead of 6-0 without Boyd...but we will be able to go to Pittodrie/Parkhead and get 1-0 or 2-1 wins wheras with Boyd there is little chance of that happening.

Anyone can see that Boyd is a very very limited player. No pace or technical ability.

like.... the season just gone?

We came very very close to winning the league. Walters first season back was a huge suceess when you consider the position we were in when he arrived. He closed the gap with celtic from a massive gap to the league going to the last day of the season.

I do agree that Boyd does score goals, but he offers nothing else which means the games he doesn't score in are basically played with 10 men. You can see from his touch/control/pace that he is not up to much as a footballer.

Put it this way - what EPL clubs do you think would want him in their team? Probably none. If he does move it will be to the Championship as he simply has no technical ability.

"I do agree that Boyd does score goals, but he offers nothing else which

means the games he doesn't score in are basically played with 10 men"

What a stupid f.ckin statement...

Take this seasons game against StMirren at Ibrox for example, a cross

goes into the box (from Ferguson I think) where Boyd is lurking and ALL

three St Mirren defenders identify Boyd as the main danger and all three

move towards him. The cross is too long and the ball bypasses Boyd (and

the defenders) and lands at the feet of Burke who is unmarked and he

drills the ball into the net.

Now Boyd didn't score, neither did he make the assist and as far as

stats are concerned he played no real part in the goal. However his

presence in the box along with his reputation resulted in the St Mirren