How can we afford £3million on potential.

A good question, but I think in Davis case he has been proven to be not good enough for us. He is not consistent enough, and not the type of player we need in there. A nice lad, and maybe in another time he would have been the answer, but not now.

As for Lafferty, the answer to your question is that we cannot afford him and it is another gamble that we must pray comes off even when the evidence shows different.

Has lafferty not got a pretty good goalscoring ratio in internationals though. Certain players raise there level to the standard they are playing at. i hope he is one of them. Personally i am quite excited by lafferty.

As for Davis i'm sure we will sign him. No doubt murray will hammer down the price by about £100 then we will get him.

davis in his preffered position is a good player,he sort of lost momentum towards the end of the season but id still take him for 3 mill,i would go any higher tho 3 mill and thats it,hes shown he could be worth it but still have to be convinced by him.

I'm sorry, but you have answered your own question of sorts.

Ask yourself what was the real Davis. The one who when he first came into the club played well and was MOTM against Gretna and another good display against QOTS, or the one you saw most other weeks, and especially in the big games, where he struggled to get into the game. A lot of players hit the ground running and play really well in the first few weeks until their mediocrity shines through. McCulloch and Dailly are another two players who have done this only last season. If you are still to be convinced after 5 months and 20+ games, then you are trying to avoid the answer that is already there.

how can anyone formulate any opinions on players when they are played out of position?,we all done it with lovenkrands for years,look what happened when he did play in his prefered position,he was a stand out against teams like inter milan and was banging in goals in the sp,fergsuon too,hes been playing a more advanced role the last few years that we can all see doesnt suit him,get him back to the holding role again then he can boss midfield like he used to.

davis even in the wide postion in midfield is still decent,not great but decent,move him in a bit which if hes signed hopefully would happen then we will see the real davis.