Why do we never plan for the future?

CF5LOYAL

Well if you want to build for the future, you can always start your team with a bunch full of youngsters who won't have any experience and they can learn the hard way, get slated week in and week out by the fans and then lose their confidence, or we can have a mixture of experience and youth and try and find that winning combination to bring us at least two trophies every season even though the league is the most important trophy.

I also never realised that we're actually going to be signing 8 new players, or did I miss some report? I though people were just assuming that we would be signing 8 new players based on the rumours in the newspapers and the positions we think that should be filled? For all we know another midfielder (apart from the possibility of Davis) won't be brought in, and maybe Furman and Fleck with the possibility of Shinnie and Lennon (who has played on the left for the reserves) will have more opportunities to play in the first team.

As for the future, I said during last season that it is going to be a good couple of seasons before we see our youth development really start to produce the goods and have players ready for the expectations of a first team place at Rangers, there is your future and that is what we are building towards, unfortunately it takes a lot of patience something which the majority of us don't have.

Ok, i think it's yet another pointlessly negative thread. It's as if you're drip feeding us with depression. No sooner has one dull thread slid down the board than another one appears at the top.

Well, it won't work lads. I'm upbeat & positive about next season. Yes, we've got papes in the team (td) yes TBB has been banned (td) yes the mint is a cunt (td) but we're still better than those manky yahoo paedo hooped bastards.

I can't be doing with negative people. If you are depressed, down or whatever, just go and kill yourself & stop spreading your misery here.

To be fair , this is far from the worst I've seen for doom and gloom. A few of the other contributions made in recent days have been awesomely soul destroying , as if the Reaper himself has been rapping the keyboard with his skeletal digits ...

Lighten up man!

Myabe we should get a manager with serious vision - a young man who will change the club from top to bottom, implement a (serious) youth policy and build for the future - oh wait, that was Paul Le Guen

Sacked after 6 months because we fell behind Celtic - the reason why we are always rebuilding is that our fans cannot accept being in 2nd place for a couple of years while serious team building takes place so its done on a year to year basis

Yes, bring back Le Goon. doh

I've heard it all now.

Myabe we should get a manager with serious vision - a young man who will change the club from top to bottom, implement a (serious) youth policy and build for the future - oh wait, that was Paul Le Guen

Sacked after 6 months because we fell behind Celtic - the reason why we are always rebuilding is that our fans cannot accept being in 2nd place for a couple of years while serious team building takes place so its done on a year to year basis

Yes, bring back Le Goon. doh

I've heard it all now.

exactly, no patience - team building takes time

Look at the start Ferguson had at Man Utd or Wenger had at Arsenal

I think the main problem with Walter is that he buys for the short term in many cases.

Davie Weir, Daily, JCD were all bought as a short term option.

He did this before when he bought shed loads of guys in pre season and sold them off a year later!

Ok, i think it's yet another pointlessly negative thread. It's as if you're drip feeding us with depression. No sooner has one dull thread slid down the board than another one appears at the top.

Well, it won't work lads. I'm upbeat & positive about next season. Yes, we've got papes in the team (td) yes TBB has been banned (td) yes the mint is a cunt (td) but we're still better than those manky yahoo paedo hooped bastards.

I can't be doing with negative people. If you are depressed, down or whatever, just go and kill yourself & stop spreading your misery here.

You have my total support there WVB.

He's completely over looking the fact that Smith has signed many young players, for example, Thomson, Whittaker, Naismith, Gow, Broadfoot and played McGregor and Hutton too. We've now signed Lafferty.

Furthermore, you could hardly call Cuellar temporary or old.

Too many bears are letting the disappointing end to the season influence their thinking.

We were the best team in Scotland, despite the league slipping away, mainly due to dodgy refereeing and dropping 5 points in the last 4 games in 1 week, thanks to the SPL.

2 correct decisions rather than errors at Parkhead and we've won it. A decent extension, don't call it "help" it would merely have been fairness, and we'd be champs.

This season proves one thing. The best team doesn't always win the league.

Oh, and don't let the press focusing on a few drunken neds who joined in with English casuals get you down either. Even GMP, who wre still covering their own arses, said over 99% of their estimated 170,000 Rangers fans were a credit to the club.

Well if you want to build for the future, you can always start your team with a bunch full of youngsters who won't have any experience and they can learn the hard way, get slated week in and week out by the fans and then lose their confidence, or we can have a mixture of experience and youth and try and find that winning combination to bring us at least two trophies every season even though the league is the most important trophy.

I also never realised that we're actually going to be signing 8 new players, or did I miss some report? I though people were just assuming that we would be signing 8 new players based on the rumours in the newspapers and the positions we think that should be filled? For all we know another midfielder (apart from the possibility of Davis) won't be brought in, and maybe Furman and Fleck with the possibility of Shinnie and Lennon (who has played on the left for the reserves) will have more opportunities to play in the first team.

As for the future, I said during last season that it is going to be a good couple of seasons before we see our youth development really start to produce the goods and have players ready for the expectations of a first team place at Rangers, there is your future and that is what we are building towards, unfortunately it takes a lot of patience something which the majority of us don't have.

Well said! ! (tu)