What's Gow's problem?

cooper1989

For a guy that didn't feature last year... why is he holding up this deal? ffs.. he'll have a chance to play football. Isn't that what he is? A footballer? If he screws this up... does he think he'll even get in to IBROX to watch a match?

Obviously, Wattie rates Lafferty -- as do a lot of clubs -- so Gow has absolutely zero leverage.

Go quietly son and don't make an arse of yourself -- would be my advice. He's just not in Walter's plans... Don't know why.. Perhaps he just doesn't work hard enough? Who knows

For a guy that didn't feature last year... why is he holding up this deal? ffs.. he'll have a chance to play football. Isn't that what he is? A footballer? If he screws this up... does he think he'll even get in to IBROX to watch a match?

Obviously, Wattie rates Lafferty -- as do a lot of clubs -- so Gow has absolutely zero leverage.

Go quietly son and don't make an arse of yourself -- would be my advice. He's just not in Walter's plans... Don't know why.. Perhaps he just doesn't work hard enough? Who knows

Put yourself in Gow's shoes. You're probably being asked to take a ay cut as well as relocating a couple of hundred miles away and there may be the option of interest from other clubs. I'd hardly be racing into the deal if I was him. It's in his interests to agree terms which suit him.

I'll be glad to see him move on and will wishhim all the best. Burnley have said he seems keen to go there so FFS give the guy a break

This is a tough period of Gow's life.

Last summer he lost 2 grand parents, and then relocated to Glasgow. Then he found himself frozen out of his club rather than playing regularly.

And now he's being used as a makeweight and is likely ending up going to England?

I feel for the guy tbh.

Why should he move?

We've shafted him this season so why can't he do the same back?

Granted, I haven't been behind the scenes, so this comment might be harsh on the club - but we haven't even given the boy a chance FFS (and this is coming from someone who didn't support his signing in the first place)

Why should he move?

Granted, I haven't been behind the scenes, so this comment might be harsh on the club - but we haven't even given the boy a chance FFS (and this is coming from someone who didn't support his signing in the first place)

Wouldn't blame him for staying and scuppering the deal indeed. I don't exactly rate Lafferty as a £300K player never mind the comical £3M we're paying.

And Walter Smith is not my flavour of the month right now so, basically, Alan, if you wanna stay, given how shite you've been treated a bit like Buffel, feel free.

Why should he move?

exactly alan should have been given better chance ,after all wattie seemed to want him there quick during winter window and when it didnt happen its like hes went away in the huff.and never played the boy.

Didn't Walter Smith sign him and didn't Rangers FC give the guy a contract? He is entitled to refuse any move.

Didn't Walter Smith sign him and didn't Rangers FC give the guy a contract? He is entitled to refuse any move.

as long as he's happy with not playing any competitive football until that contract runs out then he can stay all he wants, he isnt really thinking of his career at all, which shows a lack of ambition, he can try fighting for a spot too, he did not even get a chance when the games were coming in fast, if I was in his shoes id take the move and try and impress in the Championship, hopefully attracting some interest from EPL teams.

as long as he's happy with not playing any competitive football until that contract runs out then he can stay all he wants, he isnt really thinking of his career at all, which shows a lack of ambition, he can try fighting for a spot too, he did not even get a chance when the games were coming in fast, if I was in his shoes id take the move and try and impress in the Championship, hopefully attracting some interest from EPL teams.

I wouldn't consider turning down a move to Burnley, and trying to win a place at a club like Rangers, as lack of ambition myself, particularly as he is said to be a Bear. I'm assuming that Walter Smith would be professional and that he would at least have a chance of doing that of course.

Who the fuck would want to sign for Burnley he would be better to sit tight maybe someone in the SPL might come for him fuck the deal for Lafferty guys a non event.

This is a tough period of Gow's life.

Last summer he lost 2 grand parents, and then relocated to Glasgow. Then he found himself frozen out of his club rather than playing regularly.

And now he's being used as a makeweight and is likely ending up going to England?

I feel for the guy tbh.

Bump that. The guy deserves better, end of.

Put him in a human cannon and blast him all the way to Yorkshire , if only so we can see the back of RDBs awful sig picture :bouncy:

Burnley's in Lancashire, it is a shithole though so i can see why Gow wouldn't want to go.

The cannon has a dodgy aim , though. He'll probably end in in Banffshire instead.

Put yourself in Gow's shoes. You're probably being asked to take a ay cut as well as relocating a couple of hundred miles away and there may be the option of interest from other clubs. I'd hardly be racing into the deal if I was him. It's in his interests to agree terms which suit him.

I'll be glad to see him move on and will wishhim all the best. Burnley have said he seems keen to go there so FFS give the guy a break

Had it with some guy that's acting like a spoiled child. I moved 4,000 miles and took a pay cut. He can move a few hundred miles to play football.

I actually think you are the one that needs to get a grip and others having a go at Gow for what might seem as if he's stalling.

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and see it?

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and meet the Chairman and the Manager?

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and actually discuss wages?

Should he not be allowed to go discuss this move with friends and family and friends?

It seems to me that because Lafferty has agreed, actually us doing a deal quickly for a change, Gow should roll over according to some and accept a fiver a week.

Never mind the rest of the issues among Gow's career right now and the past or if he's good or not, a lot of people are being very unfair IMO.

He hasn't said no - the Rangers site said '

Discussions between Alan Gow and Burnley are ongoing.
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1330134,00.html

There's f*ck all wrong with that...as I've said.

The one thing about this post that surprises me is the overwhelming support for Gows stand.

It,s a clear indication how far WS and SDM have fallen in the supporters estimation. I see a touch of bitterness against the powers that be at Ibrox and that worries me. a lot!

Must admit, I go with the majority. Stick to your guns son,you deserve better than the treatment you,ve had.

whats his problem the guys a rangers die hard just like all of us then all of a sudden hes givin his chance to sign for his boyhood heroes and after one season thro injurys and a family death hes not managed to break into the team so think u can forgive him for wantin to have at least one more season a the team of his dreams a like gow would much rather have seen him playin on the left than fat boy adam and hopeless mccullcock

His problem is probably that it is Burnley FFS.

He probably thinks he is better than that and has been badly treated by Smith.

He would also be well advised to dig his heels in as he will know from recent experience that if he says no, Bain will pay him money to go as he always does.

Even if he is happy to accept some Lancashire hotpot for the next 3 years, he would be better waiting for Bain to sweeten the deal for him. He might also be on a bonus at Rangers after reaching a certain number of appearances. His agent will tell him he would be entitled to get that bonus now as it is Rangers who want him to leave.

This whole situation could have been resolved had we not jumped in and signed a player who did not look good enough for us beforehand, and prove that in a string of poor displays both in his two games for the first team and (so i'm told) many reserve outings.

I think Gows main problem is really bad hair!