What's Gow's problem?

cooper1989

I think Gow should sit tight and get a deal that suits him. Its shite what's happened to him - WS brought him to the club probably with promises of chances in the first team, and he's got no such chances. I also dunno why we are shelling out this much on Lafferty - if he comes up here and bangs in the goals fair enough, but I've not seen enough of him to support spending £3m on him.

"What's Gows Problem?" :rolleyes:

What problem? His agent has said that Gow wants to play for Owen Coyle at Burnley, and that they are busy trying to get the player the best deal possible. What's wrong with that? :baffled:

After spending a year on the sidelines with Rangers, this move is probably the most important one of his entire career. If he f@cks this up he'll most likely be on the slippery slope to the lower divisions in Scotland, where he'll end up playing for the East Stirlings & East Fifes of this world rather than playing against them in Cups.

He will go to Burnley, as he knows the manager and also knows his new manager wants to play him. Staying at Murray Park is not an option if he values his career.

The one thing about this post that surprises me is the overwhelming support for Gows stand.

It,s a clear indication how far WS and SDM have fallen in the supporters estimation. I see a touch of bitterness against the powers that be at Ibrox and that worries me. a lot!

Must admit, I go with the majority. Stick to your guns son,you deserve better than the treatment you,ve had.

I think we're all a little disillusioned with Smith in the past wee while. I know I am. And his treatment of Gow and Buffel was never fair at all. So if one of them has a wee chance to have a giruy back at the guy, I say go for it.

Never mind the rest of the issues among Gow's career right now and the past or if he's good or not, a lot of people are being very unfair IMO.

A lot? Seems to me most of us are supporting your boy, Boab.

The one thing about this post that surprises me is the overwhelming support for Gows stand.

It,s a clear indication how far WS and SDM have fallen in the supporters estimation. I see a touch of bitterness against the powers that be at Ibrox and that worries me. a lot!

Must admit, I go with the majority. Stick to your guns son,you deserve better than the treatment you,ve had.

I think we're all a little disillusioned with Smith in the past wee while. I know I am. And his treatment of Gow and Buffel was never fair at all. So if one of them has a wee chance to have a giruy back at the guy, I say go for it.

im disgusted with walter right now with the signing of miller he knew our feelings on this matter and i dont think i will forgive him for this

i will support him but my respect for him is dwindling by the day

Is the problem not that he is stalling but that he is on holiday?

The guy got a dream move to Rangers which was well beyond his ability and work ethic in the first place and now he has to consider whether a move to Burnley would work out for him, personally I do not think he could cope in the championship, but he would not get the wages elsewhere in the spl or first division. A big dilemma for Gow; stay and pick up the wages or leave and possibly fail again in the championship.

For a guy that didn't feature last year... why is he holding up this deal? ffs.. he'll have a chance to play football. Isn't that what he is? A footballer? If he screws this up... does he think he'll even get in to IBROX to watch a match?

Obviously, Wattie rates Lafferty -- as do a lot of clubs -- so Gow has absolutely zero leverage.

Go quietly son and don't make an arse of yourself -- would be my advice. He's just not in Walter's plans... Don't know why.. Perhaps he just doesn't work hard enough? Who knows

Put yourself in Gow's shoes. You're probably being asked to take a ay cut as well as relocating a couple of hundred miles away and there may be the option of interest from other clubs. I'd hardly be racing into the deal if I was him. It's in his interests to agree terms which suit him.

I'll be glad to see him move on and will wishhim all the best. Burnley have said he seems keen to go there so FFS give the guy a break

Had it with some guy that's acting like a spoiled child. I moved 4,000 miles and took a pay cut. He can move a few hundred miles to play football.

That was a choice you made..and I doubt that you made it at the drop of a hat.

Gow is now in a position to make the choice and it is entirely up to hom

Never mind the rest of the issues among Gow's career right now and the past or if he's good or not, a lot of people are being very unfair IMO.

A lot? Seems to me most of us are supporting your boy, Boab.

'A lot' - Well maybe I was hasty with a 'lot'. (tu) But there were very harsh comments also.

Put him in a human cannon and blast him all the way to Yorkshire , if only so we can see the back of RDBs awful sig picture :bouncy:

Burnley's in Lancashire, it is a shithole though so i can see why Gow wouldn't want to go.

My thoughts exactly :bouncy:

We've shafted him this season so why can't he do the same back? Granted, I haven't been behind the scenes, so this comment might be harsh on the club - but we haven't even given the boy a chance FFS (and this is coming from someone who didn't support his signing in the first place)

I'm not convinced any player being paid a reported £8,000/week + bonuses can be thought of as being shafted.

the boy has a contract, the people who are saying he should go are the same people who would it was out of order if he was working a ticket to get out of Ibrox....

sit tight son, keep you're head up and do the buisness..... I for one would like to see him given a chance, it's not as if we are overlly blessed with creative players

the boy has a contract, the people who are saying he should go are the same people who would it was out of order if he was working a ticket to get out of Ibrox....

sit tight son, keep you're head up and do the buisness..... I for one would like to see him given a chance, it's not as if we are overlly blessed with creative players

Would like to see him succeed at Ibrox, but I am told WS holds grudges.

Sit tight Alan Gow until the deal you want comes along (tu)

quite right

Smith fucks with him its time for gow to fuck with SDM smith and the rest who want him out. :angry2:

Interesting how you side with Gow yet you don't know both sides of the story - perhaps Gow doesn't deserve to be at Ibrox? Maybe Smith is right or the rumours are true about the laughing powder?

My point is we don't know the facts but if Gow was going to impress, he would've done it by now from the reserves.

It's a shame for the kid. Plays for the team he loves and not given a chance. I fell for him also. Especially when we're offering him a move to effing Burnley when all he craves is a chance at the Brox...

Maybe that says it all, that Burnley are the level he should be at...

This is a tough period of Gow's life.

Last summer he lost 2 grand parents, and then relocated to Glasgow. Then he found himself frozen out of his club rather than playing regularly.

And now he's being used as a makeweight and is likely ending up going to England?

I feel for the guy tbh.

(tu)

Why should the guy follow any traditions when NONE have came his way.

Look at the guy, he takes fitness seriously?

He proved himself last season as being able to do it (regularly) on this stage.

He wasn't given a chance when others less able were given guarenteed places.

*EDIT* Not even last season, the season before, FFS!

Shameful situation, isn't it :(

quite right

Smith fucks with him its time for gow to fuck with SDM smith and the rest who want him out. :angry2:

Interesting how you side with Gow yet you don't know both sides of the story - perhaps Gow doesn't deserve to be at Ibrox? Maybe Smith is right or the rumours are true about the laughing powder?

My point is we don't know the facts but if Gow was going to impress, he would've done it by now from the reserves.

No one impresses for the reserves.

The reserves are where folk are sent til they mutually agree to terminate contracts.

quite right

No one impresses for the reserves.

The reserves are where folk are sent til they mutually agree to terminate contracts.

Just ask Stefan Klos, He knows this all to well.....