Newcastle to bid £5m for Cuellar

Right that's me just back from Spain where apart from a poor edition of the Daily Record the only decent reads are the English tabloids!

According to the Daily Mail a couple of days ago Keegan is ready to make a bid of £5 million for Cuellar and the Mail thinks that Rangers would be willing to sell!! Im sorry but in a world where Kyle Lafferty is worth £3.5 million surely the English don't think they can snatch Cuellar for pennies???

Right that's me just back from Spain where apart from a poor edition of the Daily Record the only decent reads are the English tabloids!

According to the Daily Mail a couple of days ago Keegan is ready to make a bid of £5 million for Cuellar and the Mail thinks that Rangers would be willing to sell!! Im sorry but in a world where Kyle Lafferty is worth £3.5 million surely the English don't think they can snatch Cuellar for pennies???

If a bid of £5M comes in, I am sad to say we'll consider it.

I think Walter would be mad to consider it however it won't be up to him I suppose...

If a player that has only played games in the English Championship is worth 3.5m then god knows what Cuellar is worth. That man near enough single handedly took us to the UEFA final. His performances in Lisbon and Florence were two of the best I have ever seen.

We'll throw in Mcshagger as a sweetener.

no chance would that offer be accepted. There would be hell to pay for the club, the fans would revol if its anything less than £8M IMO. We would be getting taken for a ride!

We'll throw in Mcshagger as a sweetener.

That hurts it's so fucking accurate.

I'm sorry but keegan don't insult us, cuellar is not worth 5M or 10M, he's a player your looking at arounf 17M

if the darren bent is rated at 16 million for being a bench warmer and hutton goes for 8 million......shocking##

Carlos is better than those two combined so FUCK the epl and their corrupt buisness dealings.

buba3d has the correct point of view. King Carlos is a big reason we conceded so little last season, he's immense.

£5m is just a piss take, £15m then we should consider. He's relatively young and has a good fee years left in him, he should spend these years with us.

He can have McShagger though, for the correct price of course (£9m).

What I am sick about is the fact that other clubs seem to think they can get away with holding us to ransom all the time while cherry picking our best players.

:bouncy: Judging by cuellar exploits in europe and was seen on everyones team the abilities he has, it would be robbery to let him go at 5 million, at least 8 upwards for his services and i believe if we did we should get shittu and another good centre back, the only thing concerning me is we dont have a right back :rangers:

i think we can safely say he was more than likely best defender in the eufa cup, 10 mill price tag and get clubs bidding for him so the price rises, just like the lafferty transfer, and im surprised that arsenal were gonna go for kompany as cuellar well looks world class

Guest Andypendek
buba3d has the correct point of view. King Carlos is a big reason we conceded so little last season, he's immense.

£5m is just a piss take, £15m then we should consider. He's relatively young and has a good fee years left in him, he should spend these years with us.

He can have McShagger though, for the correct price of course (£9m).

What I am sick about is the fact that other clubs seem to think they can get away with holding us to ransom all the time while cherry picking our best players.

To be fair, that's what we do to smaller clubs than us. It's just how it is....unless a miracle hppens and Scottish football suddenly becomes awash with cash even pishy English teams dominate us financially, which means that they can and will cherry pick all they like. <shrugs>

i feel after a season like last i would want 7-8m for him but i worry it will be considerably less if we do sell, so lets hope everyone at Rangers does everything to hold onto the big spaniard!!