Anyone recommend a top attacking midfielder within our budget?

CF5LOYAL

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pranjic aint a bosman

and adu aint the answer hes vastly overated

i would suggest behrami the swiss player he can also play at full back bt is a very attack minded player witha great cross on him and likes to beat his man ... and hes avalible for the right fee maybe out the price range though

link to http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=742421 <<lazio announcing hes for sale

another player is julian faubert i think he would be avalible just injuries worry me about him

Thomas Buffel :P

I think you are right!

We have a good and skilled midfielder in Buffel

I dont know why Smith wants to offload the guy!

Is he the only bit of real class we have in terms of attacking midfielders!

James Milner?

Although he was quoted at £7m-ish when linked to Liverpool. And attracting a decent player from the EPL, especially when Liverpool are interested too, is probably not realistic. :unsure:

As I dont play silly computer games, I must admit to not knowing even half the players mentioned on this thread.

I certainly do not (and never will) subscribe to IRA TV so dont see any of the French or German leagues, other than when their teams play in Europe.

Not many players from la liga (which I do watch) will move to Scotland (all the more reason to be thankful for Cuellar) so where are you all getting these players from?

Please can we make it a rule for saddo's like me that if you are going to name a player we should/could be looking at, present club name and position and a wee bit about them should be included.

I really dont want to have to ask my 12 year old son to look them up on Football Manager!!

Engelaar will go for more than 5m I reckon.

Did anyone see that Czech wide midfielder - he looked really good I thought. Think he was called Sionko or something - how about him?

And that is the problem, we can all look at foreign players on the TV and think they look great but there's no guarantee that they will settle in Scotland and perform.

Here's a couple of names - Furman, Fleck

thats me happy now somebody else has realised we have our very own frank lampard ( furman ) must be given his chance ,why does smith not just play him from start of season with fergie and thommo and go 4 3 3 .sorted

think kazim-richards is a good shout. since he has moved to fenerbache he has been different class. heard ther only wantin £2 mill for him cos he wants to come back 2 Britain.

PS that Mark / Marco carry on with an Australian/Croatian parentage reminds me of someone else who did quite well in Scotland, albeit with a poor side.

Aye he was a good player. Poor, poor attitude though - a bit like Cousin in that respect.

One thing that pissies me off, if we had a right good scouting system we could have had Modric for at the start of last season :(

Unlikely, he knocked back a 20 million move to Bayern last summer!!!

James McFadden, get him for about £4m (give or take)

Can play either as an attacking midfielder in a 4-4-2 formation or in the hole (just behind a lone striker) should Walter chose to play 4-5-1 in Europe or against the scum.

Gera should have been on the radar but with Ewan Chester doing the scouting(watching dvds in his living room) we can look forward to more Ex-Celtic/Ex-Rangers/Championship/French duds imo because that seems to be his range.

Feindouno of st etienne who was linked in January should be looked at again..3.5mill is money better spent there than on Lafferty imo, because he has the physical edge to him that alot of creative players seem to lack..he may be a small guy but he aint a pushover and would be immense over here.

Karagounis wouldnt be a bad shout, although he is 31 he would be perfect for the Attackin Mid role..superb freekick taker and also has a superb delivery from set pieces 1.5mill tag imo.

Ivanschitz of Red Bull Salzburg the Austria captain would be quality, but out of our league imo. 4mill+.

BTW. Adu = Overrated

Gera should have been on the radar but with Ewan Chester doing the scouting(watching dvds in his living room) we can look forward to more Ex-Celtic/Ex-Rangers/Championship/French duds imo because that seems to be his range.

Feindouno of st etienne who was linked in January should be looked at again..3.5mill is money better spent there than on Lafferty imo, because he has the physical edge to him that alot of creative players seem to lack..he may be a small guy but he aint a pushover and would be immense over here.

Karagounis wouldnt be a bad shout, although he is 31 he would be perfect for the Attackin Mid role..superb freekick taker and also has a superb delivery from set pieces 1.5mill tag imo.

Ivanschitz of Red Bull Salzburg the Austria captain would be quality, but out of our league imo. 4mill+.

BTW. Adu = Overrated

So Shakespeare was right.