Are We Now as Paranoid as Celtic Fans?

contacts

Could this really be the case? Are we now all getting swept away with conspiracy theories?

After last season finished with the fixture fiasco and the SPL refusing to extend the league have we taken it too much to heart or do people have a point and that we are getting a rough deal from the beaks.

The RST has pointed the finger at the SPL, SFA, Dundee Utd and more recently the SPL again. Even Bain is having a pop at the SPL after this season's fixtures were announced. Is this bitterness or FACT?

I don't see how possibly we could blame the SFA. They tried to reschedule games and they were refused. The Dundee Utd debate is more interesting as people accuse them of doing the 'dirty on us'. What exactly did they do? Over reacting to refereeing decisions or was there something more sinister? Personally without any factual information I just cannot see how we can point the finger at Dundee Utd.

Finally the SPL. There is no doubt we did not receive any help from them at the end of last season and personally I think SDM & Bain were too slow and too weak and they should have been out shouting for us weeks before they did. Lawell stitched up the SPL and therefore Rangers by applying the appropriate amount of pressure. As for this season though are we seriously suggesting that the fixtures were 'fixed' to give us hard games before / after Champions League ties? I'm just not having that and to be honest a hard game before a CL tie at that stage of the season is ideal to get the team ready for Europe.

No more excuses and lets leave the paranoia to those on the dark side.

All thoughts are welcome.......

Could this really be the case?

No. We lost the league as a result of many factors - the biggest one being our lack of genuine class in key areas of the team.

Very well said - exactly right. - Midfield for sure.

There are some in our support who could give septic fans a run for their money in the paranoia department, there's no doubt about that.

Yes, the SPL could have done a bit more to accommodate our UEFA Cup run last season, but to suggest that they've stitched us up concerning next seasons fixtures is laughable IMO.

Could this really be the case?

No. We lost the league as a result of many factors - the biggest one being our lack of genuine class in key areas of the team.

I don't think we have any less class than septic.

The truth is that having the 3rd and 4th OF games during the Fiorentina tie was a huge advantage to them ... as was having their double winning player of the year available for both of them <_<

There has been a definite shift IMO. We do now seem to have a Tim-like paranoia in our midst. Still don't think we have reached their level of pathetic victimness but certain individuals are carbon copies of their opposite numbers in hoops. Sad to see.

There is no doubt in my mind that some of the issues our fans often bring up with regard to inconsistent treatment are true.

However, to avoid accusations of paranoia it's vital that when one raises such issues suitable evidence is provided to force home the point.

Past problems with parts of the self-serving media as well as the anti-sectarianism 'industry' sham are two issues which can be shown to be inconsistent depending on the club(s) involved. Others such as fixture scheduling may appear so but without genuine evidence to show this, it's not worth trying to expose unless you want egg on your face.

There is a definate section of the support, on this board, that would give any paranoic in the world a run for the title of 'Paranoic of the Year'.

Its not just the anti SPL crew but the anti SDM crew, anti Walter crew (and often the same people). What is funnny is the way that they react to every rumour. BUT you kno what they say ' Just because you are paranoic it does not mean that the bastards are not out to get you!" LOL

It had been Fear and Loathing at Ibrox for so long now. We were totally paranoid and frazzled but there was a game on. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine and a whole multicolored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers . Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the one game at Ibrox, but once your club gets into a downward spiral like the Gers had, with everybody against you, well the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a fan in the depths of an ether binge and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon, especially after seeing Walter's transfer targets for the upcoming season...

It had been Fear and Loathing at Ibrox for so long now. We were totally paranoid and frazzled but there was a game on. We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine and a whole multicolored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers . Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the one game at Ibrox, but once your club gets into a downward spiral like the Gers had, with everybody against you, well the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a fan in the depths of an ether binge and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon, especially after seeing Walter's transfer targets for the upcoming season...

You've started early :craphead:

fear and loathing at ibrox, Hunter S Thomson would have sorted the whole lot out. Dont know when he would have made it back from away games though. As for drug testing... luminous pee that melts the testing viles may pose a problem with the testers. Did I type that... can they read it.. etc etc etc. :blink:

Sorry but you forgot your glue mate.... ;)

nothing to be parinoid about apart from a team being allowed to cancel a game because of a players death, when they had players injured and suspended, yet played a game when tommy burns died. then all the dodgy decisions that went against us from refs and linesmen who are season ticket holders at the piggery, plus being made to play all the games in the one week. then a report from manchester council saying the trouble started in the morning which was blatant lies, then our fans getting blamed for a stabbing inside the ground, again never happened, but hey thats life.

Sorry but you forgot your glue mate.... ;)

Frankie - saw the thread title about Paranoia - thought of the crazed/paranoid writer Hunter Thompson - quick cut & paste & slight edit - there you go another daft/whimsical post - there was no glue in the original piece - nor in the cut & paste - but maybe there should have been - all the best mate - hope yer well.

nothing to be parinoid about apart from a team being allowed to cancel a game because of a players death, when they had players injured and suspended, yet played a game when tommy burns died. then all the dodgy decisions that went against us from refs and linesmen who are season ticket holders at the piggery, plus being made to play all the games in the one week. then a report from manchester council saying the trouble started in the morning which was blatant lies, then our fans getting blamed for a stabbing inside the ground, again never happened, but hey thats life.

None of that happened.

You are paranoid.

© P. Liewell.

Frankie - saw the thread title about Paranoia - thought of the crazed/paranoid writer Hunter Thompson - quick cut & paste & slight edit - there you go another daft/whimsical post - there was no glue in the original piece - nor in the cut & paste - but maybe there should have been - all the best mate - hope yer well.

Don't worry mate - I know yer game....

Was just trying to juxtapose some 80s Scottish culture to your 70s American... A poor attempt by myself of course... ;)

Not sure if it is paranoia that is an issue, or the need of some fans who want to just find something to continually whinge and whine about as they feel more comfortable existing within the shadows of gloom and despair.

There are of course certain issues that every fan has the right to complain about, but the complaints aren't always constructive and end up just going round and round in circles.

There are some in our support who could give septic fans a run for their money in the paranoia department, there's no doubt about that.

Yes, the SPL could have done a bit more to accommodate our UEFA Cup run last season, but to suggest that they've stitched us up concerning next seasons fixtures is laughable IMO.

absolutely correct mate (tu) some fans need to realise a lack of quality in certain area's was a major factor and stop blaiming other factors in our failure to win the league last season.