Rangers could Lose Lafferty and Davis

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would deffinetly not pay a penny more for lafferty.

R.e. davis, i was realy impressed in a few games, exspecially werder bremen away with him but he did have a few holwers also.

I dnt know if i would pay more than 3mil for him either. thinks thats a bit steep.

I would deffinetly not pay a penny more for lafferty.

R.e. davis, i was realy impressed in a few games, exspecially werder bremen away with him but he did have a few holwers also.

I dnt know if i would pay more than 3mil for him either. thinks thats a bit steep.

I don't want Davis at any price. His form dropped quicker than Cousin's and it was like playing with a man short sometimes. He got Broadfoot into a lot of bother sometimes with really poor passing. I'd rather see Fleck playing.

Burnley to Readjust the asking price, By removing Gows name from the equation.

Rangers had a £3million bid for Davis rejected and we're reluctant to bid any higher.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/2008/06...86908-20613032/

RDB I know you posted the link thanks for that, but if you are going to post something at least post it properly mate, you're first line about Gow is not entirely corrcet, as the report indicates that Burnley MIGHT consider two possible options.

It's bad enough with newspaper sensationalism but to also get it on here! :ohmy::lol:

I dont mind the Lafferty deal falling through although if it happens at a good price i think he will do ok in the long run.

Davis would be a good addition as a squad player but not for more than £3 mil.

He is a good player but has to play through the middle rather as a winger.

And with Thomsons and Fergy as the best partnership it could be a waste of time and money!

SSN have just reported that Gow is back in Glasgow having discussions with Bain and Murray. They do however expect the deal to go through later this afternoon.

This is so predictable. As I stated yesterday on here, Gow will not move until Bain pays him a lot of money. He knows Bain's previous in doing this, and how much of an amatuer negotiator he is, and is just coming back giving it the "i'm not sure, I want to stay and fight for my place. £250K, thanks Martin seeya"

Not a criticism of the player, but he should be told to accept the offer or we will command a fee of £750K for any other interested clubs (which will make a move away almost impossible), or he can stay in the stiffs. It is his career after all. Time to play hardball here. We cannot make the same mistake as with Bob Malcolm.

SSN have just reported that Gow is back in Glasgow having discussions with Bain and Murray. They do however expect the deal to go through later this afternoon.

This is so predictable. As I stated yesterday on here, Gow will not move until Bain pays him a lot of money. He knows Bain's previous in doing this, and how much of an amatuer negotiator he is, and is just coming back giving it the "i'm not sure, I want to stay and fight for my place. £250K, thanks Martin seeya"

Not a criticism of the player, but he should be told to accept the offer or we will command a fee of £750K for any other interested clubs (which will make a move away almost impossible), or he can stay in the stiffs. It is his career after all. Time to play hardball here. We cannot make the same mistake as with Bob Malcolm.

What would you do if your boss told you that you had to move to Burnley to do your job?

I hope Gow sticks to his guns fuck Lafferty we dont need him hes a non event.

I seem to remember Anthony Stokes, after leaving Falkirk, saying that he owed the majority of his goal tally to the work of Alan Gow.

Gow just hasn't been given a chance at Ibrox. You don't become a bad player overnight unless it's through injury.

What would you do if your boss told you that you had to move to Burnley to do your job?

As I am my own boss, I would tell him to stick it ;)

In reality, a footballer is not a normal job, and they have fixed term contracts and transfer fees meaning that they cant just give 1 months notice and leave (unless you are Webster). Therefore they cannot be "told" to go anywhere to do their job.

I seem to remember Anthony Stokes, after leaving Falkirk, saying that he owed the majority of his goal tally to the work of Alan Gow.

Gow just hasn't been given a chance at Ibrox. You don't become a bad player overnight unless it's through injury.

Quick, get Roy Keane on the phone and remind him of that. If he can pay £2M for Beattie, we have a chance of £2M for Gow.

In reality, a footballer is not a normal job, and they have fixed term contracts and transfer fees meaning that they cant just give 1 months notice and leave (unless you are Webster). Therefore they cannot be "told" to go anywhere to do their job.

Well Gow is perfectly entitled to ask for a wad of cash to help with Walters decision.

Well Gow is perfectly entitled to ask for a wad of cash to help with Walters decision.

Gow aint asking for a " wad of cash "

Agreed. He should not get it, but he is entitled to ask. I have my doubts as to wether we have the CEO in place to play this game properly though. It is not his greatest strength.

GOW GTF!!! :mad:

I actually think you are the one that needs to get a grip and others having a go at Gow for what might seem as if he's stalling.

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and see it?

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and meet the Chairman and the Manager?

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and actually discuss wages?

Should he not be allowed to go discuss this move with friends and family and friends?

It seems to me that because Lafferty has agreed, actually us doing a deal quickly for a change, Gow should roll over according to some and accept a fiver a week.

Never mind the rest of the issues among Gow's career right now and the past or if he's good or not, a lot of people are being very unfair IMO.

He hasn't said no publicly - the Rangers site said '

Discussions between Alan Gow and Burnley are ongoing.
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1330134,00.html

There's f*ck all wrong with that...as I've said.