Rangers could Lose Lafferty and Davis

GOW GTF!!! :mad:

I actually think you are the one that needs to get a grip and others having a go at Gow for what might seem as if he's stalling.

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and see it?

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and meet the Chairman and the Manager?

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and actually discuss wages?

Should he not be allowed to go discuss this move with friends and family and friends?

It seems to me that because Lafferty has agreed, actually us doing a deal quickly for a change, Gow should roll over according to some and accept a fiver a week.

Never mind the rest of the issues among Gow's career right now and the past or if he's good or not, a lot of people are being very unfair IMO.

He hasn't said no publicly - the Rangers site said '

Discussions between Alan Gow and Burnley are ongoing.
http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1330134,00.html

There's f*ck all wrong with that...as I've said.

:repost:

And I don't think it's entirely wrong to suggest that if you didn't have a soft spot for Gow then you wouldn't be taking this stance.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think you are the one that needs to get a grip and others having a go at Gow for what might seem as if he's stalling.

Should he not be allowed to go down to the Club and meet the Chairman and the Manager?

Should he not be allowed to go discuss this move with friends and family and friends?

It seems to me that because Lafferty has agreed, actually us doing a deal quickly for a change, Gow should roll over according to some and accept a fiver a week.

Never mind the rest of the issues among Gow's career right now and the past or if he's good or not, a lot of people are being very unfair IMO.

Dear god, all I said was GOW GTF. :rolleyes:

I didn't send him a letter or anything.

I would be very pleased if both parties could to an agreeable arrangement quickly then. That better? (tu)

:repost:

And I don't think it's entirely wrong to suggest that if you didn't have a soft spot for Gow then you wouldn't be taking this stance.

I think it is entirely wrong, I think it is just a perfectly fair reasonable stance from anybody. A little patience and understanding of the situation.

I have said several times I think Gow should move to Burnley.

Even if Gow does not leave - Lafferty will still come.

SSN reported that Rangers have stated the deal will still be done with or without Gow.

Somehow that keeps getting conveniently lost on here

I'd be amazed if we were willing to pay that much for Lafferty and not Davis. Infact I'd be fukd right off.

Davis is a better player(and yes I know they are different players)and he'll bring more to the team.

Even if Gow doesn't go to Burnley, we'll still waste more money on Lafferty.

I wouldn't pay £4m for either, as much as I like Davis, I think we can do better for that money and I also have a feeling that at times he'd be played out of position which is absolutely pointless.

Even if Gow does not leave - Lafferty will still come.

SSN reported that Rangers have stated the deal will still be done with or without Gow.

Somehow that keeps getting conveniently lost on here

Aye, funny that, JR.........

Burnley to Readjust the asking price, By removing Gows name from the equation.

Rangers had a £3million bid for Davis rejected and we're reluctant to bid any higher.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/2008/06...86908-20613032/

To be honest anything more than £2 million for Davis is ridiculous money. He hardly has set the heather on fire after a bright start...few too many goals for any attacking midfielder

Unfair to put any blame on Gow, he doesnt want to play championship football or move to England. We were all up in arms when Hutton was pushed out the door for the benefit of Murray and the same thing is happening here.

Why should Gow be pushed out the door, Hes a Rangers player.

Lafferty going to the papers begging him not to wreck his Rangers dream is ridiculous. Even his mum got her fair share in today.

If Lafferty is that desperate to sign for Rangers, why say a few weeks ago he would consider joining Celtic.

Gow, hasnt had his chance, So how can you blame him. He doesnt want to leave scotland, and who could blame him? People took it for granted that he would just go to Burnley, but if you were offered a job in england for Less money would you? I think not. Gow might not get the same wages at any other spl club, but im sure he'd rather stay in scotland.

anyone else worried that it was just rangers celtic and wolves interested

I have have watched him a number of times for burnley and N.I and he isnt anything special, thats why im worried.

All he looks like is a young McCulloch, a striker played on the wing because he is awful in fornt of goal.

I hope Gow sticks to his guns fuck Lafferty we dont need him hes a non event.

Compared to Gow, Lafferty is the Big Show. Gow can move on or rot in the reserves, it's up to him, but if he decides to stay put it shows a distinct lack of ambition. doh

I'll make my mind up when i see him play - not before.

Gow or Lafferty :pipe:

I really hope, wherever Gow goes he makes a great impact and a big GIRUY to Walter Smith.

Didn't rate Gow before we signed him so not really bothered as we got him for nothing.

As for the GIRUY to Smith, I'm not 12 any more so I don't care about that either...

Compared to Gow, Lafferty is the Big Show. Gow can move on or rot in the reserves, it's up to him, but if he decides to stay put it shows a distinct lack of ambition. doh

Has laffety proved it in the championship No?

Will he be any better than Gow in the spl? Based on Gows falkirk performances? No!

Lafferty, is not what we need. Not saying Gow is, Yes i have a soft spot for him, thinks he deserves a chance but. Lafferty is a 20 year old Mcculloch.

Celtic, have pulled a fast one. They know we have no scouting system :lol:

Declare an interest in the cunt, we rush to make a bid.

All this start with a cocky wee cunt saying he would love a move to one of the old firm.

Unfair to put any blame on Gow, he doesnt want to play championship football or move to England. We were all up in arms when Hutton was pushed out the door for the benefit of Murray and the same thing is happening here.

How do you know he doesn't want to play Championship football? How do you know he doesn't want to move to England? Have you and Gow discussed it by any chance? Or are you just assuming that's how he feels because he's taking his time in negotiations?

And we weren't "all up in arms" when Hutton chose Premiership football with exorbitant wages. A lot of Bears were very happy that we were getting £9m for a player who was being booed regularly just 12 short months before.

Will he be any better than Gow in the spl? Based on Gows falkirk performances? No!

Lafferty, is not what we need. Not saying Gow is, Yes i have a soft spot for him, thinks he deserves a chance but. Lafferty is a 20 year old Mcculloch.

All this start with a cocky wee cunt saying he would love a move to one of the old firm.

What are you basing all this on? You're in depth knowledge of the guy or just what others have said on here?

Yet again, you have succeeded in amazing me RDB. How one person can post so much sensationalist, opinion-based, factless pish is beyond me. doh

Gow has had his chance. Rangers signed him, let him train with real footballers, even gave him a couple of starts against lower-league opposition so he could show what he could do. He was obviously found to be sub-standard. Live with it.

Yet again, you have succeeded in amazing me RDB. How one person can post so much sensationalist, opinion-based, factless pish is beyond me. doh

Gow has had his chance. Rangers signed him, let him train with real footballers, even gave him a couple of starts against lower-league opposition so he could show what he could do. He was obviously found to be sub-standard. Live with it.

So we should post what you agree with on a forum? Jog on.

Did you watch Gow for Falkirk, why would we sign him if he was pish?

He hasnt got the chance. Simple. You dont become a bad player over night ffs.

I seem to remember Anthony Stokes, after leaving Falkirk, saying that he owed the majority of his goal tally to the work of Alan Gow.

Gow just hasn't been given a chance at Ibrox. You don't become a bad player overnight unless it's through injury.

Stephane Guivarche, Oleg Salenko, Andrei Kanchelskis (to an extent), Tore Andre Flo, Barry Ferguson, Marco Negri, the list goes on.....

Certain players certainly dont become bad players over night, but when played in a different environment/position, it affects their performance and confidence, resulting in.......Good Player Gone Pish!!!!

It just depends. Gow wasn't given a chance, and of course he could have made a mark in the first team...however, word from the reserves was...that he caught the GPGP sydrome and didn't justify a move upwards while guys like Fleck were getting pass marks on a regular basis.

Theres no point in saying that the reserves league is pish too, cos he shone with a pish Falkirk team and should have stood head and shoulders above the rest at reserve level.

So we should post what you agree with on a forum? Jog on.

Did you watch Gow for Falkirk, why would we sign him if he was pish?

He hasnt got the chance. Simple. You dont become a bad player over night ffs.

So answer my question then.

How do you know he doesn't want to play Championship football? How do you know he doesn't want to move to England? Have you and Gow discussed it by any chance? Or are you just assuming that's how he feels because he's taking his time in negotiations?

And we weren't "all up in arms" when Hutton chose Premiership football with exorbitant wages. A lot of Bears were very happy that we were getting £9m for a player who was being booed regularly just 12 short months before.

I think he has made it quite clear he doesnt want to go, whether its that he doesnt want to move to England, Championship football or even a paycut. As for Hutton..were you happy at the way he was pushed towards the door? dont bother telling me he wanted to leave at first, probably not regretting moving now with the wages he is getting but he wanted to stay. I would have been happier if we had a decent backup to hutton last year but we didnt and i prefer a stronger team than 9million. I would rather trophies than money in Murrays pocket and Hutton would have helped us achieve that.