Durrant and McCoist

rfc_no1fan

Dont know if its been posted already.

Durrant and McCoist were in Austria over the last week or so, However, they were both over there completing their pro licences and did not go over to watch or sign any players from the Euro 08 championships.

Durrant and McCoist were in Austria over the last week or so, However, they were both over there completing their pro licences and did not go over to watch or sign any players from the Euro 08 championships.

So you know for a fact that they didn't take in any of the games?

Looks like both are certain to be part of our next management team when Smith goes.

I dont want Durrant anywhere near the managers role.

Looks like both are certain to be part of our next management team when Smith goes.

I do hope that's not the way it's going.

I just dont know? I'd rather someone like Moyes but I like McCoist being part of the management. Dont know about him being manager tho?

Durrant should be nowhere near it.

Prove me wrong, tell me which game they were at

Im waiting

Im waiting

Oh FFS since you are the one suggesting they weren't scouting then surely you should be the one providing evidence of this. doh

I only asked if you knew that for a fact.

Where did I say they were at a game? doh

Im waiting

Oh FFS since you are the one suggesting they weren't scouting then surely you should be the one providing evidence of this. doh

How can I tell you what they were doing in the evenings when at their hotel?doh

Im sure every manager/coach in the World has seen some of the action on tv

Some posters posted last week saying that they were both over scouting, when that was not the case

I just dont know? I'd rather someone like Moyes but I like McCoist being part of the management. Dont know about him being manager tho?

Any particular reason you don't want Durrant because it looks like him or Coisty, well certainly at the moment anyways ? :sherlock:

We've had success with inexperienced managers before but I'd like to see the likes of Ally trying his hand elsewhere before he gets a chance at Rangers.

Im waiting

Some posters posted last week saying that they were both over scouting, when that was not the case

Yes, I'm sure every manager in the world would have seen some of it but your post stated;

"they were both over there completing their pro licences and did not go over to watch or sign any players from the Euro 08 championships."

How do you know they didn't intend to scout anyone? ;)

Im waiting

Yes, I'm sure every manager in the world would have seen some of it but your post stated;

"they were both over there completing their pro licences and did not go over to watch or sign any players from the Euro 08 championships."

Let me rephrase for you.

"they were both over there completing their pro licences and did not go over to attend any matches (go to any stadium when a International game of football was taking place) or sign any players from the Euro 08 championships."

Im waiting

Let me rephrase for you.

"they were both over there completing their pro licences and did not go over to attend any matches (go to any stadium when a International game of football was taking place) or sign any players from the Euro 08 championships."

Thank you, now I'll repeat my question.

:lol: (We could do this for hours mate :lol:)

Im waiting

Let me rephrase for you.

Thank you, now I'll repeat my question.

:lol: (We could do this for hours mate :lol:)

That we could :lol:

Wheres your evidence they were there :craphead:

Any particular reason you don't want Durrant because it looks like him or Coisty, well certainly at the moment anyways ? :sherlock:

In fact it doesn't look like it will be them it is going to be them ! :sherlock:

ist23539488emptyseatsinsk0.jpg

Row that McCoist, Durrant, Smith and Chester should have been on

...and a deathly silence greeted the representatives from Rangers Football Club as they took their seats..............as they had come a day early. :lol:

We have to use UEFA Cup and SPL losses to spur us on, says Ian Durrant

Jun 22 2008 By Mark Guidi

IAN DURRANT starts his new coaching role at Rangers this week and will look every player in the eye hoping to see the summer hasn't diluted their hurt at losing the SPL and UEFA Cup.

Durrant, now part of Walter Smith's first-team backroom staff, will have a key role in their bid to qualify for the Champions League and win the title back from Celtic.

It's a challenge Durrant is relishing and he's desperate to bring more success to Gers following the collapse of their quadruple dream last term.

He wants the players to share that desire and told MailSport: "We were all bitterly disappointed to lose the title on the last day of the season.

"I'm not going to make excuses but I never thought we'd get that close to achieving so much in one campaign.

"We have to use the hurt of losing the title and UEFA Cup to our advantage.

"I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from losing both prizes and don't want to be feeling the same this time next year.

"We must have the drive and determination to go all the way and win the league next season.

"We don't want to be losers again.

I hope the players feel the same."

Durrant, 41, steps up fromreserve team coach but was deployed as a spy during games by Smith last season and got as close to the gaffer as anyone. He saw at close-hand the mixture of emotions Walter went through in a rollercoaster campaign.

It was also an apprenticeship for Durrant to prepare him for his new role and he said: "I never thought I'd be sitting next to Walter at games studying a back four and goalies.

"I used to just look at the midfielders. But Walter's got me looking at every aspect of the game, he has made me open my eyes and take so much more in.

"Sitting in the stand is a much better vantage point than the dugout and you definitely see more from up there.

"Listening to the gaffer's take on the game during a 90 minutes is the best education anyone could have.

"The great thing about Walter is the way he has encouraged myself, Coisty and Kenny McDowall to get involved as much as we can.

"If we feel we can add something then we are free to chip in. When the gaffer took over again I think he was a little worried about the age gap between him and the players.

"He has taken a step back from certain things and given more responsibility to his backroom men.

"That said, when it comes to the crunch we're never left in any doubt about who is boss. During games he'll leave Coisty and Kenny in the dugout but make a mad dash downstairs if he feels the players need to hear his voice or to give an instruction to the backroom team.

"I had to do it a few times when he was banned for two games and all that running takes it out of you!"

Durrant was in Austria last week to complete his UEFA coaching licence despite once believing he'd never get involved in that side of the game.

Bobby Williamson gave Durrant coaching responsibility at Kilmarnock seven years ago and Jim Jefferies allowed him to take the Killie reserve side.

But the lure of going back to Ibrox was too strong to resist a couple of seasons ago.

He now loves helping bring on young players and passing on his experience to the senior pros.

Durrant said: "When I was at Rangers all I wanted to do was play. I never thought about coaching and certainly didn't believe one day I'd be sitting next to Walter in a UEFA Cup Final.

"The first one who turned my head to the coaching side was Graeme Souness in my early 20s.

"He was my first mentor who encouraged me to express myself and look at the game, study what others do and think more about different things.

"Walter then took it on and I'm still learning. Where I am now also has a lot to do with Bobby Williamson.

"Bobby signed me for Killie when I left Ibrox then gave me a coaching role. He was great to work with.

"He took Killie into Europe four years out of five and worked wonders.

"I picked up plenty during that time, found out what it was like to manage a team that had to win games with not a lot of money for players.

"It is a real art to survive at that level and also deliver success.

"But it is also tough at the other end of the table when you are trying to win titles and that's why everyone at Rangers will need to give it their all during the next 10 or 11 months.

"The gaffer will make sure we are ready and has been busy adding new signings to the squad. There's no doubt we'll be stronger than last season."

I thought he was sent out to look at players :huh:

But reading that Durrant was just there to complete his coaching badges!

Ian Durrant being promoted to the 1st team coaching staff is a terrible decision.

If you have ever taken in a reserve match you will understand where I'm coming from.

theres a piece in the sunday mail

says durrant was studying hiidinks coaching and it broke his heart

as he had to watch the zenit players training

i dont think they were over scouting

but i bet of course they watched games ffs

they are football men