Durrant and McCoist

rfc_no1fan

Ian Durrant being promoted to the 1st team coaching staff is a terrible decision.

If you have ever taken in a reserve match you will understand where I'm coming from.

Yes, when I have sat behind him at Broadwood, watched, listened and cringed at his idea of managing from the dug out.

Ian Durrant being promoted to the 1st team coaching staff is a terrible decision.

If you have ever taken in a reserve match you will understand where I'm coming from.

Yes, when I have sat behind him at Broadwood, watched, listened and cringed at his idea of managing from the dug out.

why m8

what was wrong with him

John Brown's tactics were awful too !!

why m8

what was wrong with him

His ability to change victory into defeat, comfortable leads into scrappy close games when he tinkered with the system. Changing the role of players within the team without adjusting the set up to accomodate the change. The way he naively conveys the change allowing the opposition to adjust at the same time

One example: he shouted over to McMillan, on the other side of the pitch, who was playing right back, to move right up to play off the right winger. McMillan asked about the area he was to leave and the central defenders wanted to adjust to cover the free area but Durrant told them to get closer centrally, because " there's no danger on their left side", all clearly heard.

Two goals scored by the opposition, in quick succession because they targeted the free space as Durrant stood with his arms folded wondering why.

He may be great on the training pitches but I have no confidence in his ability tactically or his ability to analyse or direct from the dugout, and without doubt he does not get the best out of his players.

Looks like both are certain to be part of our next management team when Smith goes.

I dont want Durrant anywhere near the managers role.

yea i agree muffger, i would much rather having him dealing with the youth or just training in general.

Looks like both are certain to be part of our next management team when Smith goes.

I do hope that's not the way it's going.

I just dont know? I'd rather someone like Moyes but I like McCoist being part of the management. Dont know about him being manager tho?

Durrant should be nowhere near it.

We've had success with inexperienced managers before but I'd like to see the likes of Ally trying his hand elsewhere before he gets a chance at Rangers.

Like... Souness?