Jock Wallace, a True Blue

minstral

Jock Wallace once watched my team play football. Would have loved to say it was to scout me but in reality he was ther with mr Abe (remember him) who's son also played in the team. Though he did shake my hand and say good game. I still dine out on that one.

So you should mate i still have a smile from getting a bottle of wine that Colin Stein had in the Glaswegian. I drank it as well :mutley:

Never seen Wallace as a manager but i know how bad my dad took it when he died. It was like a family member had died as too many of the support he was Mr Rangers. He had a crap second spell but still had the respect of the fans and will never be forgotten.

HE'S AS WELCOME AS THE UNION JACK.

remember my mate telling me he was on team bus after a euro away defeat was talking to wee doddie and big jock came on the bus look at my mate and said fuck off get off the bus or i will give you a contract

all the other players were pissing themselves but the big man scowled

well he couldnt be any worse than most of you pr**ks

remember my mate telling me he was on team bus after a euro away defeat was talking to wee doddie and big jock came on the bus look at my mate and said fuck off get off the bus or i will give you a contract

good story that was big jock for you.

I only managed to go to games during his comeback, wish I could have been there first time round.

I remember a game at Brockville when Souness was in charge and it turned into the Graham Roberts roadshow as a show of support to Roberts in his fall out with Souness. A story spread round the terracing that Jock Wallace was seen walking up to the ground before kick off. The buzz we all got from hearing that was unreal. May not be much of a story but just being in that crowd when Jock Wallace's name was mentioned was an amazing feeling. Shiver up the back stuff.

I only managed to go to games during his comeback, wish I could have been there first time round.

I remember a game at Brockville when Souness was in charge and it turned into the Graham Roberts roadshow as a show of support to Roberts in his fall out with Souness. A story spread round the terracing that Jock Wallace was seen walking up to the ground before kick off. The buzz we all got from hearing that was unreal. May not be much of a story but just being in that crowd when Jock Wallace's name was mentioned was an amazing feeling. Shiver up the back stuff.

I remember that! Theres only one Graham Roberts..........

In 1984, Rangers played a Scottish Cup tie at Telford Street. I hung about to get Jocks autograph and my dad pushed me forward to shake Jocks hand. The big guy grabbed my hand & jokingly went to put the head in me! I was awestruck. Then he gave me some badges from his pocket. I was buzzing for weeks.

Was that game not against Morton at Cappellow and lost 3-2? I was at it myself and mind everyone cheering for Roberts.

Ahh Jock Wallace, a proper legend, I never met him sadly, but do remember Rangers treating him apalling after he was sacked, he tried to get into a game and was refused entry, celtic got whif of it and invited him to the piggery, not sure if he ever went mind you. But a true legend, always cared for the fans. That clip was from the Follow Follow video, its a good one too :unionflag:

Was that game not against Morton at Cappellow and lost 3-2? I was at it myself and mind everyone cheering for Roberts.

No, it was definately at Brockville, you may be thinking of another game.

No, it was definately at Brockville, you may be thinking of another game.

I think you are right, im thinking of him scoring an overhead kick against Morton

jock wallace a man who sang all our songs including the billy boys and would get up on the table and sing his heart out, plus all our other songs and derrys walls was one of his favourites.

thats a beauty kpl :lol:

Rangers through and through, but of course his second coming covered the most barren period in Rangers history...yet because it was Jock Wallace the Rangers fans were as patient as I've ever seen. I've often wondered if this would ever happen in todays world when fan expectations for immediate and then increasing success drive a hire and fire attitude to managers and players alike...