Boyd bid rejected - official

Ibroxblue

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* puts tin hat on, takes deep breath *

If we were offered £3.5m for Boyd, I'd accept it.

You got a spare hat? I would take it as well.

Here you go buddy: :sgtg:

Hold on tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride! :lol:

ok, why?

ok, why?

Because we now have too many strikers at the club, and I think £3.5m is a fair price for him. All that will happen if we keep him is that we play a £3m striker out of position, and probably don't use Boyd anyway. The £3m on Lafferty would be wasted, and we would have no money for Boyd. I see it as a £6.5m swing in our favour. You have to balance that against the goals Boyd would get when he plays, but again I don't think Walter sees him as a first team player. I don't think he's spent £6m on three strikers so that he can rotate them in partnership with Boyd.

Before he bought Velicka, Miller and Lafferty I would agree with you, but this could be the last chance to get any money for Boyd, and if he's not going to feature, we should at least cash in (ideally to an English - or Welsh - side, if we sell him in Scotland it could well come back to haunt us!)

ok, why?

Because we now have too many strikers at the club, and I think £3.5m is a fair price for him. All that will happen if we keep him is that we play a £3m striker out of position, and probably don't use Boyd anyway. The £3m on Lafferty would be wasted, and we would have no money for Boyd. I see it as a £6.5m swing in our favour. You have to balance that against the goals Boyd would get when he plays, but again I don't think Walter sees him as a first team player. I don't think he's spent £6m on three strikers so that he can rotate them in partnership with Boyd.

Before he bought Velicka, Miller and Lafferty I would agree with you, but this could be the last chance to get any money for Boyd, and if he's not going to feature, we should at least cash in (ideally to an English - or Welsh - side, if we sell him in Scotland it could well come back to haunt us!)

Too many strikers perhaps but surley if someones leaving it should be Cousin.

I'd be gutted if we let him go.

We have to build the team around guys like him.

£2.5M would be an insult.

I sincerely hope our rejection is because we want to keep the player, rather than because £2.5M isn't enough.

I sincerely hope our rejection is because we want to keep the player, rather than because £2.5M isn't enough.

Do you think we will though? :unsure:

ok, why?

Agree with what? hahaha

have to say, £3.5 is not enough for his goals, not in this day and age. That price would have been ok 5-10 years ago, and, for that price, its not cashing in, its a stupid sale, especially given the offer last season from the Russian side

Cousin should go (as in, he fucking ought to get kicked out!)

JCD cant last a game

Novo is more a winger now

so

Boyd, Velicka, Lafferty, Miller

Thats 4, and, well, Velicka backup to Boyd, Miller backup to Lafferty, that sounds ok if we buy a midfield

Danny, it happened, so, we HAVE been insulted. I say we slap some welshies about for it :craphead:

Agree with what? hahaha

have to say, £3.5 is not enough for his goals, not in this day and age. That price would have been ok 5-10 years ago, and, for that price, its not cashing in, its a stupid sale, especially given the offer last season from the Russian side

Cousin should go (as in, he fucking ought to get kicked out!)

JCD cant last a game

Novo is more a winger now

so

Boyd, Velicka, Lafferty, Miller

Thats 4, and, well, Velicka backup to Boyd, Miller backup to Lafferty, that sounds ok if we buy a midfield

"Agree with what?" Yeah, I know, "you" was meant in plural.

The thing is, I can't see us ever getting more than £3.5m for him. I just can't see where that bid will come from. Unless he gets a decent run in the team (which he won't), and performs well and scores goals against decent teams, I don't think his value will go up at all.

Now, Cousin should go is a given. When you're finished slapping Welshies you can come back up to Glasgow and help me kick his arse out the door. JCD can't last 90 mins, but as a back up hes surely ok? Same with Novo, he has been playing on the wing, but as a back up striker he's not too bad.

so

Velicka, Lafferty, Miller, JCD, Novo.

We have 5 strikers, and with two (maximum ;) ) up front at any time, do we need 6? In an ideal world, you would lose JCD and Novo, but then you would have 4 strikers competing for two spots, who do you drop? Don't tell me Miller is anything but first choice, no way would Walter have signed him against the fans' wishes unless he was going to play him. He's just spent £4.5m on Lafferty and Velicka, so will he play one of them, or the guy he has consistently norefused to play since arriving at the club?

I have to be realistic about it, we won't get value from keeping Boyd unless we play him regularly - not a chance. We'll never get more than £3.5m for him if we keep him on the subs bench another year. So, in my opinion, highest bid secures (hopefully more than £3.5m but I have my doubts).

Anyway, night shift tonight, so off to bed. Night night :)

:bed:

This is bullshit, we bring in fucking kenny misser and if we sell boyd thats just terrible. Top scorer, for a guy that has scored 5 goals in 2 seasons (tu) ffs.

:stands up and opens folder:

Could I refer the honourable gentleman to my reply in post number 25

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=2507895

:closes folder and sits down:

:unionflag:

This is bullshit, we bring in fucking kenny misser and if we sell boyd thats just terrible. Top scorer, for a guy that has scored 5 goals in 2 seasons (tu) ffs.

:lol:

I hope walter is looking for a strike partner for him :) would make sense!!

haha

Do you think we will though? :unsure:

No. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Smith shaping the whole side around him.

Danny, it happened, so, we HAVE been insulted. I say we slap some welshies about for it :craphead:

Sounds good to me :craphead:

Being serious though, I meant that accepting the bid would be insulting to the player.