Boyd bid rejected - official

Ibroxblue

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd will stay unless we get a really good offer for him, one that perhaps is above his true value.

A lot of people seem to forget that Smith has already came out and said Boyd will play a bigger part next season, so as i have said, un less we get an offer we cant afford to turn down, he will stay a ger.

Boyd will stay unless we get a really good offer for him, one that perhaps is above his true value.

A lot of people seem to forget that Smith has already came out and said Boyd will play a bigger part next season, so as i have said, un less we get an offer we cant afford to turn down, he will stay a ger.

Don't kid yourself on m8, the first bid of £3m (cash) or more and its bye bye Boydie !!

I take whatever Smith says these days with a pinch of salt, it was only a few weeks ago he was saying how he will play a more posative line up in the Uefa Cup final and look what happened then.

I'm not Boyd's biggest of fans but he's a goal machine and you cant take that away from him.

If he is sold then we will have to bring in a quality striker as the three signings we have brought in couldn't hit a barn door. 46 goals between Miller, Velicka and Lafferty in the last two seasons is hardly mouth-watering stuff.

Had we brought in a couple of quality strikers then we could of moved Boyd on.

I would put money on Boyd managing that himself in 1 season with decent creative midfieders in the side, and a strike partner. Did Coisty not hit something similar last time he won the Euro golden boot?

I'm not Boyd's biggest of fans but he's a goal machine and you cant take that away from him.

If he is sold then we will have to bring in a quality striker as the three signings we have brought in couldn't hit a barn door. 46 goals between Miller, Velicka and Lafferty in the last two seasons is hardly mouth-watering stuff.

I would put money on Boyd managing that himself in 1 season with decent creative midfieders in the side, and a strike partner. Did Coisty not hit something similar last time he won the Euro golden boot?

I think it was 34 two seasons running.

The only player to win it in consecutive seasons. :rangers:

Ah, may be right. Pretty sure tho, was the season him and Hateley ran riot

In kris boyds killie and rangers season, he came second in the golden boot lineup behind luca toni, so he did the business at kilmarnock then at rangers scored even more goals with better players around him

If Cardiff up their offer to £3.5m I'd take it. Walter Smith didn't actually say that Boyd would play a bigger role next season, he said he could. Subtle difference which might mean anything, but we all know Walter doesn't rate Boyd particularly highly, despite his scoring stats. IMO Vellicka & Miller might be the partnership that is uppermost in the managers mind, especially in the bigger games, with Lafferty filling one of the under-21 slots on the bench. Which leaves Boyd where? Maybe not even on the bench. :unsure:

As for £3.5m not being enough for our top scorer, how much can we expect for a player who couldn't command a regular starting spot in the SPL last season, and was barely even considered for European games?

If Cardiff up their offer to £3.5m I'd take it. Walter Smith didn't actually say that Boyd would play a bigger role next season, he said he could. Subtle difference which might mean anything, but we all know Walter doesn't rate Boyd particularly highly, despite his scoring stats. IMO Vellicka & Miller might be the partnership that is uppermost in the managers mind, especially in the bigger games, with Lafferty filling one of the under-21 slots on the bench. Which leaves Boyd where? Maybe not even on the bench. :unsure:

As for £3.5m not being enough for our top scorer, how much can we expect for a player who couldn't command a regular starting spot in the SPL last season, and was barely even considered for European games?

Then he wouldnt play at all, he rates him higher than he does gow and buffel that is apparent.

Ah, may be right. Pretty sure tho, was the season him and Hateley ran riot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Golden_Boot

I never hear you say positive things??

just out of interest who is your fav player and also who would you like to see line up next season within reason.

What is there positive to say about selling a goal scorer and replacing him with 3 strikers who hit 46 goals between them in 2 seasons, albeit one of them played out on the left for the majority of games.

Kevin Thomson

_________________McGregor________________

__________Cuellar________New CB__________

New RB____________________________New LB

_____________Davis____Thomson____________

Beasley__________New AM____________New LW

_________________Lafferty__________________

Alexander

Whittaker

Papac

Weir

Ferguson

Furman

Fleck

Velicka

I am not having a go was just wandering your team looks good and I agree with it!! but I would have ferguson in the midfield sorry.

We slated WS last season for his 4-5-1 approach so why stick with it.

In my opinion WS will go back to 4-4-2. It's the only reason I can think of for buying so many strikers

I never hear you say positive things??

just out of interest who is your fav player and also who would you like to see line up next season within reason.

What is there positive to say about selling a goal scorer and replacing him with 3 strikers who hit 46 goals between them in 2 seasons, albeit one of them played out on the left for the majority of games.

Kevin Thomson

_________________McGregor________________

__________Cuellar________New CB__________

New RB____________________________New LB

_____________Davis____Thomson____________

Beasley__________New AM____________New LW

_________________Lafferty__________________

Alexander

Whittaker

Papac

Weir

Ferguson

Furman

Fleck

Velicka

I am not having a go was just wandering your team looks good and I agree with it!! but I would have ferguson in the midfield sorry.

In my opinion WS will go back to 4-4-2. It's the only reason I can think of for buying so many strikers

Because with the right players we can get great results, with mcculloch and adam on flanks not so much

Last season's FA Cup losing finalists would be prepared to offer Boyd around £15,000 a week - more than he is on at Rangers - but the player could take some convincing to go there.

If Boyd has any self-respect at all, a move to Cardiff (FFS) would be laughed out the window by him. It might be ok for Rae & Thompson, but Boyd's aims should surely be The Rangers and not some diddy club.

Last season's FA Cup losing finalists would be prepared to offer Boyd around £15,000 a week - more than he is on at Rangers - but the player could take some convincing to go there.

If Boyd has any self-respect at all, a move to Cardiff (FFS) would be laughed out the window by him. It might be ok for Rae & Thompson, but Boyd's aims should surely be The Rangers and not some diddy club.

I know what you mean but he must be getting a bit hacked off though spending so much time on the bench. Somewhere like Cardiff might give him a springboard for bigger and better things.

In

Khenny Miller

Velicka

Lafferty

10 goals between them at £6million

out

Kris Boyd

23 goals at £2.5million.

Total mayhem.

He'll be off at £3.5.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7465464.stm

Cardiff to make second Boyd bid

Rangers striker Kris Boyd

Boyd has struggled to establish himself in Walter Smtih's side

Cardiff City are preparing to make a second bid for Rangers and Scotland striker Kris Boyd.

The Ibrox club rejected a £2.5m for the player on Friday, but the Championship outfit remain keen on the forward.

City chairman Peter Ridsdale, who declined to name the player Cardiff were chasing, said: "We're prepared to increase our offer."

Boyd, 24, has been linked with a move after Rangers signed Kenny Miller, Andrius Velicka and Kyle Lafferty.

Doubts had arisen about Boyd's future after Walter Smith moved to bolster his attacking options with three summer signings.

Boyd, who started on the bench for much of last season but still ended it as top scorer at Ibrox for a second campaign, has indicated he wants to remain at Rangers.

The striker was signed by previous Gers manager Alex McLeish from Kilmarnock in January 2006.

But Boyd found himself out of the starting line-up on many occasions as Smith adopted a single-striker formation.

He ended the season on a high with two goals, taking his total to 25 despite only 23 starts, in the Scottish Cup final victory over Queen of the South.

However, that strike rate has not deterred Smith from paying Derby County £2m for Boyd's Scotland colleague, Miller, acquiring Velicka from Viking Stavanger for £1m and this week's £3m purchase of Lafferty from Burnley.

Archive: Kris Boyd scores against Gretna

Cardiff City manager Dave Jones is likely to improve the club's offer in an effort to land Boyd before the start of the new season.

Rangers now have a plethora of strikers on their books.

Nacho Novo signed a contract extension in December.

Fulham appear to have cooled their interest in Daniel Cousin after a failed bid last season.

Jean-Claude Darcheville, who was first choice for much of last season, has been quoted as saying that he is determined to fight for his place.

Rangers also have Steven Naismith, the presently-injured Scotland Under-21 international.

Thomas Buffel, who has been linked with a move back to Belgium, and Lee McCulloch, have also been utilised up front.

While Rangers did not name Cardiff as the bidder for Boyd, the beaten FA Cup finalists are known to be looking to strengthen their forward line, despite offering veteran former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler a new contract.

Signing Kenny Miller clearly shows that Walter Smith does not give a fuck what we think. I do think we will line up with a 4-4-2 more frequently, but I can't agree that it is due to the fans thoughts.

You say that as if Boyd has some choice in the matter !

Any bid that suits Rangers (£3m+) and Boyd will pushed out the door faster than you can say Alan Hutton, regardless of what he may or may not want. There are far too many people on this forum who actually think Miller and Velicka have been bought to partner Boyd in attack (hahahaha) but we all know they were bought because they can both play a lone striker role.

Next season it will be 4-5-1, of that I am certain (Walter will NEVER change) with Miller leading the line (jesus, fucking christ) and Velicka as his back up for this position. Lafferty will also be used in this position but I think Walter see's him as a young McCulloch, someone capable of playing both the wide role and the the lone target man role.

Anyone who thinks Walter will change his tactics are dreaming, he will never play offensive football, he didnt with Everton (which cost him his job), he didnt with Scotland and he wont with Rangers.

Rangers Supporters Club's secretary John Macmillian says there will be "mixed feelings" over the transfer rejection for striker Kris Boyd.

Gers snubbed an offer from Cardiff City, believed to be around £2.5million, for the Ibrox club's topscorer.

But the offer was thrown out even though the 24-year-old has struggled to maintain a regular spot in Walter Smith's side despite his 25 goals in 23 starts last season.

Boyd has said he wants to stay at the club and fight for his place, however Macmillian still would like to know the reasons why the bid was rejected.

"It's interesting to hear that the offer was rejected and I'd be even more interested to hear the reasons behind the decision," he said.

"Does that mean Boyd still has a part to play? I think there will be mixed feelings."

Strikers

Smith has also brought in three more strikers in the shape of Kenny Miller, Andrius Velicka and Kyle Lafferty, and Macmillian feels Boyd will only benefit from the signings.

"Maybe the new strikers will be more suitable to Boyd's style of play," he said.

"If he gets the right service, he has proven he can score goals as he has done many times in the past.

"I think it's accepted that Boyd is a player who doesn't run around the park very much but, with better players giving him better service, it could change people's attitude and we could see a Kris Boyd who scores goals again."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_3717873,00.html