McCulloch's Future?

Everybody knows that he was brought in to help us steady the ship. After all Walter seen him as a hard working player who supports the club and knows what it is all about.

However I think everybody would agree when I say that we should always be looking for steady progression.

In Lafferty we have signed a player who not only offers similar traits to McCulloch but he also offers better pace, better technique and if we use him correctly the chance of better potential over say, a three year period.

That to me is a step forward and, although I like McCulloch, I think we should be on the phone begging Stoke to put in another offer for him.

After spending 4 million on a younger, more agile player who plays a similar role we should be focusing our attention on helping him become a better player while, without wanting to sound harsh, looking to ease the older guy out.

We should never be turning down 2 million for a 30 year old who faded badly in the latter stages of the season and a player who seems to have injuries creeping up on him now.

Knowing that we would be making 2 million would also help to ease the blow when it comes to how much we had to spend to land Lafferty.

However it's more likely that we will see Lafferty's progress stiffled as McCulloch will still be Walter's preffered choice seeing as he has been branded as "NOT FOR SALE" by our manager.

I'm sorry but regardless of his standing with certain members of staff or his love for the club there sould be no room for sentiment and 2 million is too good to turn down when we have a similar yet younger and more talented player waiting in the wings.

(tu)

i dont want to see mcculloch ina rangers shirt again.

he's only good for sticking the boot in, and we've got plenty who can do that.

i just hope lafferty turns out to be substantially better than lee.

Everybody knows that he was brought in to help us steady the ship. After all Walter seen him as a hard working player who supports the club and knows what it is all about.

However I think everybody would agree when I say that we should always be looking for steady progression.

In Lafferty we have signed a player who not only offers similar traits to McCulloch but he also offers better pace, better technique and if we use him correctly the chance of better potential over say, a three year period.

That to me is a step forward and, although I like McCulloch, I think we should be on the phone begging Stoke to put in another offer for him.

After spending 4 million on a younger, more agile player who plays a similar role we should be focusing our attention on helping him become a better player while, without wanting to sound harsh, looking to ease the older guy out.

We should never be turning down 2 million for a 30 year old who faded badly in the latter stages of the season and a player who seems to have injuries creeping up on him now.

Knowing that we would be making 2 million would also help to ease the blow when it comes to how much we had to spend to land Lafferty.

However it's more likely that we will see Lafferty's progress stiffled as McCulloch will still be Walter's preffered choice seeing as he has been branded as "NOT FOR SALE" by our manager.

I'm sorry but regardless of his standing with certain members of staff or his love for the club there sould be no room for sentiment and 2 million is too good to turn down when we have a similar yet younger and more talented player waiting in the wings.

I agree with your comments on McCulloch, £2m would be good business ( we seem to be using that phrase a lot these days?)

Just worried that £4m seems a lot to spend on a boy with a poor scoring record.

People will say he has potential.

But surely some of our own boys coming through have the potential to make the step up, given the chance?

I agree with your comments on McCulloch, £2m would be good business ( we seem to be using that phrase a lot these days?)

Just worried that £4m seems a lot to spend on a boy with a poor scoring record.

People will say he has potential.

But surely some of our own boys coming through have the potential to make the step up, given the chance?

Word is that Lafferty is a supporting striker with a penchant for the left wing, which would explain his relatively meagre scoring return.

McCulloch's Future?, It Should Be Up In The Air Now!

Are we launching him somewhere?

Maybe the barren, desolate wastes of the Championship?

Maybe even the rock-strewn windswept fields of the SFL First Division?

When's lift off? :unsure:

You find the equipment, I'll get the field :craphead:

You find the equipment, I'll get the field :craphead:

A hot-air balloon would suffice.

Now get me Gerry McNee on the phone. :craphead:

LM is a waste of space and really does nothing positive for the team.

He is not very good at anything much and is slow too.

C `Adam has flashes of brilliance in with loads of drivel.

I hope they are both reserves next season.

Should of bitten Stoke's hand off with that bid. McCulloch is awful and if Smith continues to stick with him next season then we are in big trouble.

We have Novo, Beasley and Adam who are better and can play out there. I just hope Smith doesn't play Lafferty out there.

Anyway I dont see McCulloch going, Smith likes him too much and one of the reason's McCulloch moved up here was to be closer to his family and because his wife was home sick.