RST SGM announced

From the RST site

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING

Friday, 20 June 2008

Notice is hereby given of a Special General Meeting of the Society to be held in The Neptune Centre, 101 Clifford Street, Glasgow, on Sunday, 6 July 2008 at 10.30am.

The purpose of the meeting is to elect members of the Board.

NOTICE OF NOMINATIONS

Notice is hereby given that the Society is canvassing nominations to join the Board. Applications should be received at Society’s post office box the by noon on Friday the 4th of July. Application forms can be obtained by download on our website or be sent to members by request.

Members should note that those elected shall serve for three years.

At the conclusion of the official stated business of the meeting Board members will be available to discuss the affairs of the Club and Society.

Yours faithfully,

SECRETARY

FRASER MARTIN

Right then, who is up for being nominated?

I hope this meeting involves more than just replacing those who resigned.

We need to know why, where the Trust is headed under new leadership etc

From the RST site

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING

Friday, 20 June 2008

Notice is hereby given of a Special General Meeting of the Society to be held in The Neptune Centre, 101 Clifford Street, Glasgow, on Sunday, 6 July 2008 at 10.30am.

The purpose of the meeting is to elect members of the Board.

NOTICE OF NOMINATIONS

Notice is hereby given that the Society is canvassing nominations to join the Board. Applications should be received at Society’s post office box the by noon on Friday the 4th of July. Application forms can be obtained by download on our website or be sent to members by request.

Members should note that those elected shall serve for three years.

At the conclusion of the official stated business of the meeting Board members will be available to discuss the affairs of the Club and Society.

Yours faithfully,

SECRETARY

FRASER MARTIN

Right then, who is up for being nominated?

I nominate Blue Dignity (to wind everyone up), Andypendek (for his rational judgement), Disgruntled Bear (because everybody needs a disgruntled bear), Oleg Kusnetzov (for his common sense), JAdams (to keep things in order), Danny (to get the arguments going), Outlaw69uk (same as Oleg), McBoyd (Another post would always be welcome to him),NVAGer (so that we've always got an apology for absence), White Van Bear ( cause we'll probably need something delivered, oh, and he's nuts as well)

have I missed anyone? ............... :unsure:

I hope this meeting involves more than just replacing those who resigned.

We need to know why, where the Trust is headed under new leadership etc

Absolutely (tu)

Manticore to be the resident old bassa :sherlock:

oops forgot about him...........and JR.

Manticore for vice chair (he probably has a few vices)

JR for being the only mod I haven't argued with yet, therefore must be a good guy. :lol:

(I'm getting banned soon :lol:)

Anyone else from the board going along to this? I am certainly going to see if we get a proper explanation for the resignations.

I think I might go along, if they don't address what has happeend and give an explanation then I wont be renewing my membership

Anyone else from the board going along to this? I am certainly going to see if we get a proper explanation for the resignations.

I think I might go along, if they don't address what has happeend and give an explanation then I wont be renewing my membership

I think thats fair comment Hoff, I feel the same way (tu)

I'm on the same boat mate. Unless given an honest and detailed explanation as to why these resignations took place then i will withdraw my GerSave account and membership.

It is not something i want to do as i still firmly believe in the RST's goals. But they can no longer treat the members with contempt and expect nothing to be done.

I'll be there