John Fleck, what is his best position?

pcbear

aye it was moyes

"And it remains one of Walter Smith's great regrets that he was unable to give him his debut before he was sacked.

Sadly for Smith, Rooney was still at Croxteth's De la Salle School - where his mother Jeanette was a dinner lady - and was therefore ineligible for first-team duty.

Had that red tape not wrapped around Smith's plans, he would have been in. "

Fleck is best played behind the front 2 IMO.

I have seen him playing a few times now for the U19's & his strength is definately getting the ball and running at people, he has pace, power & a skill not often seen in a player who is only 17 (i believe).

Remember this guy plays in the u19's & is a regular in the reserves and HE IS ONLY 17. His coaches moved him up a class because there is no-one in his age group to challenge him now.

He is still not the finished article but i believe he will play a small role in the season's campaign with a view to bringing him through for 2009/2010 season when he will still only be 19.

I have seen him playing a few times now for the U19's & his strength is definately getting the ball and running at people, he has pace, power & a skill not often seen in a player who is only 17 (i believe).

Remember this guy plays in the u19's & is a regular in the reserves and HE IS ONLY 17. His coaches moved him up a class because there is no-one in his age group to challenge him now.

He is still not the finished article but i believe he will play a small role in the season's campaign with a view to bringing him through for 2009/2010 season when he will still only be 19.

(tu) from what ive seen/heard, he has everything you would want to have in a modern day footballer, Furman/Lennon are also great prospects for the future, hope to see all of these player get their chance in the coming season(s).

(tu) from what ive seen/heard, he has everything you would want to have in a modern day footballer, Furman/Lennon are also great prospects for the future, hope to see all of these player get their chance in the coming season(s).

No offence but that is'nt exactly true. Fleck doesnt have height or searing pace, both of wich are important in the modern game. What Fleck has is skill and strength. Hopefully enough of these two strengths to make it big in the game.

No offence but that is'nt exactly true. Fleck doesnt have height or searing pace, both of wich are important in the modern game. What Fleck has is skill and strength. Hopefully enough of these two strengths to make it big in the game.

none taken, we all have our opinions, I never took height into consideration I admit.

Height means fuck all. John Fleck is the same height or taller than Arshavin, Saenko, Torbinski, Modric, Pranjic, Villa, David Silva, van der Vaart, Sneijder, de Zeeuw.....and he has pace.

Height means fuck all. John Fleck is the same height or taller than Arshavin, Saenko, Torbinski, Modric, Pranjic, Villa, David Silva, van der Vaart, Sneijder, de Zeeuw.....and he has pace.

and he can play a bit as well

From the times I've watched him play I'd say his best position is as an AM, you never know in the odd game we might see Fergie playing the holding role with Fleck in front of him.

As for next season I think we will see more of him during some games, and hopefully more of Furman, Lennon and Shinnie.

He's still 16. (tu)

Guest therabbitt
John Fleck (born August 24, 1991) in Glasgow

You are 16 years old . . .

or 878 Weeks old

or 201 Months old

or 6148 days old

or 147552 Hours old

or 8853129 Minutes old

or 531187798 Seconds old

To be precise.... he he

or 878 Weeks old

or 201 Months old

or 6148 days old

or 147552 Hours old

or 8853129 Minutes old

or 531187798 Seconds old

To be precise.... he he

You've taken that too far. :lol:

I've seen Fleck live a couple of times and, if I'm honest, he's not all he's cracked up to be.

I watched him play for Scotland under 16's in the Victory shield when he was 14 and he was by far the best player on the pitch. The only way this guy will not go for over £20 million at some stage in his career is if he goes majorly off the rails.

Guest therabbitt

or 878 Weeks old

or 201 Months old

or 6148 days old

or 147552 Hours old

or 8853129 Minutes old

or 531187798 Seconds old

To be precise.... he he

You've taken that too far. :lol:

Shoulda stopped at hours eh?? :lol:

He's still 16. (tu)

My bad ... thought he was older. My point is even more pertinent then, in that he is playing guys who are 3-5years older than him & still performing to a high level.

He's still 16. (tu)

My bad ... thought he was older. My point is even more pertinent then, in that he is playing guys who are 3-5years older than him & still performing to a high level.

17 in august I believe.

For his age he is well ahead of schedule and deservedly so.

I agree though that Furman and others are ready for more time in the first team. I thought Furman looked very good when he came on vs M'well I believe.

or 878 Weeks old

or 201 Months old

or 6148 days old

or 147552 Hours old

or 8853129 Minutes old

or 531187798 Seconds old

To be precise.... he he

Surely these last 2 may change significantly depending on if you were born at say 1am or 11pm (or later or earlier) on said date and would they not probably be inaccurate due to you having to get the figure and then type copy and paste it then post it taking around 1-2 minutes or 60-120 seconds. Far from accurate. :rolleyes: