Hope wee Burkey gets fit before start of the Season

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't ever want to see him wear the shirt again. His display against Dundee United was one of the worst I've ever seen. Heartless weasel sums him up quite nicely.

Totally agree, even the little kid sitting along from me at that game summed him up perfectly, "Burke you are nothing but a prancing fairy".

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a team of hammer throwers who go charging through everything they see. But I expect passion and a determination to succeed. Burke just plays the victim card making himself and us look f*ckin stupid!

Hopefully McLeish will put in nice wee bid for him?

Like all wide men, he is up or down - Davie Cooper was the same, breathtaking one day and missing the next

Fcukin breathtakin ?? The only breathtakin thing that wee waltzer spinner has come away with is he informed everybody at training that the last game of the season he watched the dundee united versus the mhanks game and gave our game against the sheep a miss ???? :sherlock:

(tu):sherlock:

Somebody agrees with you...oh it's you. :lol:

I guess I'm in the minority that actually rate Burkey :P

Although his inconsistency is a problem. When he plays at his best he's easily up there with our better players but he's not done it often enough in recent years. This will probably be a make-or-break season for him, if he doesn't start to show some great form he'll likely be looking elsewhere next year.

when on form i rate burkey very highly, however he never seems to be very consistent either being unfit or generally poor.

Aye, consistantly pish.

Aye, and he's had more chance cards than a bloody Monopoly board.

Like all wide men, he is up or down - Davie Cooper was the same, breathtaking one day and missing the next

Fcukin breathtakin ?? The only breathtakin thing that wee waltzer spinner has come away with is he informed everybody at training that the last game of the season he watched the dundee united versus the mhanks game and gave our game against the sheep a miss ???? :sherlock:

(tu):sherlock:

Somebody agrees with you...oh it's you. :lol:

That was for admins attention nothing to do with the peasants ! ;):D:sherlock:

when on form i rate burkey very highly, however he never seems to be very consistent either being unfit or generally poor.

you rate him highly m8?

so why say he is never consistent, unfit or generally poor?

not a high player from my point of view

but i respect your opinion

Wanted to see his team win the league :rolleyes: He is perfect for waltzer spinning though.

Say what you want about Burke's diving and his inability to cross a ball, but he's p[retty much the closet thing we have to a flair player who is actually direct and willing to take a man on.

He doesn't show that often enough imo. In Eck's last season, he had a run of 10-11 games where he was excellent, like both games against Villareal where he was easily our best, and most technical player. But he never seems to be able to reach any sort of consistancy for any length of time imo. I have a feeling if he carries on being so inconsistant this could be his last season at Rangers.

He was great against Villareal, but he's hardly kicked decent ball since.

I guess I'm in the minority that actually rate Burkey :P

Although his inconsistency is a problem. When he plays at his best he's easily up there with our better players but he's not done it often enough in recent years. This will probably be a make-or-break season for him, if he doesn't start to show some great form he'll likely be looking elsewhere next year.

I agree with you Cloud. (tu)

IMO he has real ability, but he's not shown it often enough, or for long enough, to make himself a regular 1st team player. Dunno if it's his body or his heart that lets him down. :unsure:

Pretty sure he'll be moving on if he doesn't start showing his early form on a more consistent basis. But with our lack of genuine wide players I can't see him leaving this summer.

Remember he's out till winter. He won't be going anywhere.

I hope he gets back sooner than that so he gets his chance before the really heavy pitches make an appearances. He's rarely shown much on poor surfaces.

I think we missed Burke & Beasley much more than we missed Hutton in the latter part of last season.

Remember he's out till winter. He won't be going anywhere.

I hope he gets back sooner than that so he gets his chance before the really heavy pitches make an appearances. He's rarely shown much on poor surfaces.

I think we missed Burke & Beasley much more than we missed Hutton in the latter part of last season.

When people can recite the few good games he has had over the past 3 seasons it is not just the poor surfaces that detract from his performances. Attitude, effort, interest, commitment,willingness to work, especially for his team mates are the reasons I would put forward. His appearance in the cup final against Dundee Utd where he showed complete disdain and effort for the team summed him up.

I rate him

He is quick, has skill and isnt scared to take on players!

Give him the ball and he will run all day! We need someone like him to draw fouls from the opposition and to have a go and run!

He just needs a good injury free run in the side!

We have already had wingers who run all day but get nowhere; have you forgotten Billy McKay? :rolleyes: