Should there be a Uefa Cup Final DVD?

Boab

I thought about this thread a wee while back actually.

But with the front page of the Gers site now advertising the Zenit DVD (whether its the full UEFA run or just the final I'm not sure)is it congratulating failure or just a brilliant run in Europe that has to be there to buy?

I do feel its a bit of both, but more so the first option IMO. Don't get me wrong, it was some season and there was always going to be a season review DVD, and there is, but we were there and it was there to be won and we didn't.

What do you feel about it?

no, we failed to deliver, and thats about it really.

We failed in the final, and failed to win the title. Under no circumstance can we blame the Uefa run for that. These are professional footballers that get paid silly money and should be able to cope with 2-3 games a week. But thats my opinion.

I clicked the link on the Rangers home page to read a bit more about it.

The season review it looks as if it is covering the domestic season, the two domestic cup finals and the run to the final in Europe.

The Zenit DVD is the behind the scenes look at the build up and after match plus the game itself.

The first one I would be tempted to buy, as the games in Lisbon and Florence plus the two cup finals and the two home wins v the scum would be worth another watch. However I wont be buying it because I bet there is no mention of the scum's goal being offside or their penalty being outside the box and match commentary will probably be from Scumtanta or Peter McGuire.

The Zenit one I wont be buying. Maybe in a year or so, but not now. I have finally deleted the final from my SKY+ without watching it as I have no intention of watching it and I could do with freeing up the space.

Give it 12-18 months and it'll be in the Rangers Shop or online for a couple of quid. I still keep up my collection of Rangers videos and DVDs but the quality these days is so poor that I wait until they're practically giving them away.

Should there be a Uefa Cup Final DVD?

Only if we can rewrite the ending Hollywood style. :mutley:

How about we score in the last minute instead of Zenit, Hold on for penalties and win

........and Robert Duvall can play Walter Smith. :lol:

Despite losing the UEFA Cup final, last season was a remarkable one in many ways.

While I would desist from releasing a DVD solely about the final, I think it's fair and interesting to accompany the season review DVD (which many people collect) with extra information about an event that doesn't happen very often in Scottish football (win or loss).

Many fans are critical the club have failed to document parts of our history previously. As such, it's vital for our future that we do so comprehensively now.

Would you buy it boab?

No, I've v+ed all the final stuff while I was away but havn't watched it.

I have seen a bit of highlights tbh though, sitting who I was with in Manchester and he was flicking through the channels one night and 'Road to Manchester' was on. We started to watch it and you really do get that sinking feeling when Zenit score and it was also nice that the dog barked at the 2nd goal :lol:

Seriously, I might buy it in future but certainly not in the summer.

think i will be buy the review of the season cos no matter how it ended ther were some magic moments (lyon, lisbon cup final etc). no chance i'l be buyin the uefa cup final dvd especially after the slaggin i have given me a timmy mates over the past five years cos they brought one out!!

I don't want to commemorate a defeat.

By all means include it in the season review though.

I certainly wont be buying it.

Why do we need to bring out a dvd of one game where we were beaten ?

If anything it should just be part of a season review dvd , which as I'm still so pissed off about the ending to last season I wouldn't be buying either. :angry2:

No. Why would we want to celebrate a defeat? Thats what the manky mob did, and we derided them for it as i recall.

bloody well said WVB old chap.

(tu)

I never want to watch us being beaten, especially not in the whimpering way we set out in that match!

(tu)

bloody well said WVB old chap.

One day, everyone will see things my way. :pipe: