So called 'online fans' v 'stadium fans'

Danny

Forums, boozers, at the ground it doesn't matter to supporters like me and my mates, no bummin but they are all diehards, but if someone needs slaggin they get it wherever we are, baith fcukin barrels. Forums like this only problems are the closet jungles that come on and go to the mix. :sherlock:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of Harold David until his name was brought up on this forum @ a year ago. Can't use that as proof of timmyness, though! Hope not anyway.

andy you are correct not everyone has heard of harold davis, but bauba spoke of certain player who played along side harold davis, yet never knew davis.

Never heard of Harold David until his name was brought up on this forum @ a year ago. Can't use that as proof of timmyness, though! Hope not anyway.

andy you are correct not everyone has heard of harold davis, but bauba spoke of certain player who played along side harold davis, yet never knew davis.

Well the man who didn't know Harry Davis is this guy allegedly ?

http://360.yahoo.com/bauba30

:sherlock:

So if that link is to Bauba's blog site then a good bluenose was banned because he annoyed a few touchy fans on here. :unsure:

So if that link is to Bauba's blog site then a good bluenose was banned because he annoyed a few touchy fans on here. :unsure:

a good bluenose does not cheer for the other team in a cup final.

(tu) Or any other team Rangers play.

Where does it say he's a good Bluenose ? Died in the wool Scot it says but nothing about Bluenose ! :sherlock:

I think it's just his way. If you go and read his blog you'll see he is basically a huge sports fan. I don't think for a minute he wanted QoS to win but for him it must have been a pretty weird day seeing his two favourite teams playing each other in the Scottish Cup Final.

I lifted this from his site.

Now, the old Firm. As you probably have figured out, Rangers are my team. However, I am not one of the knuckle-draggers who in my opinion, put our club to shame every week. I abhore songs that have nothing to do with football being sung at our games. This applies to Celtic park as well, although just because they do it, doesn't make our behaviour any better. IMO, we need to forget about what Celtic are doing, and concentrate on putting our own house in order. We hear today that UEFA are considering making national associations enforce point deductions from clubs whos fans persist in sectarian chanting.

So, as a club, we need to have a zero tolerance policy on these knuckle draggers. Lift them from the ground, no matter how many offenders. And yes, ban them from Ibrox and keep banning them until we have a stadium full of fans who support the team and do not bring shame on the club.

Lets leave Celtic to themselves, they have their own problems to worry about. I hear them say they sing Irish Folk songs, that certain songs are not pro-terrorists, that they are merely political. And that other songs are pro IRA - but only the IRA from the early 1900s, which apparently is ok? Yeah, right.

But that is ok. We have to distance ourselves from their problems, put our own house in order and then, and only then, can we enjoy ourselves on the moral high ground.

Anyway, big game on Sunday, in my opinion, a must win game versus Hearts. Im already pumped for this one. Lets hope the esteemed Mr Mcleish picks the right players, (Buffel, Lovenkrands) and we can somehow pick up the three points. If we do, I can see Heart s crumbling under the weight of the pressure in the run in.

Guy sounds alright to me. :rangers:

Now, the old Firm. As you probably have figured out, Rangers are my team. However, I am not one of the knuckle-draggers who in my opinion, put our club to shame every week. I abhore songs that have nothing to do with football being sung at our games. This applies to Celtic park as well, although just because they do it, doesn't make our behaviour any better. IMO, we need to forget about what Celtic are doing, and concentrate on putting our own house in order. We hear today that UEFA are considering making national associations enforce point deductions from clubs whos fans persist in sectarian chanting.

So, as a club, we need to have a zero tolerance policy on these knuckle draggers. Lift them from the ground, no matter how many offenders. And yes, ban them from Ibrox and keep banning them until we have a stadium full of fans who support the team and do not bring shame on the club.

Lets leave Celtic to themselves, they have their own problems to worry about. I hear them say they sing Irish Folk songs, that certain songs are not pro-terrorists, that they are merely political. And that other songs are pro IRA - but only the IRA from the early 1900s, which apparently is ok? Yeah, right.

But that is ok. We have to distance ourselves from their problems, put our own house in order and then, and only then, can we enjoy ourselves on the moral high ground.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-pQesNTAzerPv0cNyRH_B

Not different from what he said on here, really.

On Bauba, I liked him. He was a bear who wanted us to play the right way and rightly so.

The problem though was with the views that Bauba had IMO, whether rightly or wrongly, he sometimes went out his way to annoy and that wasn't a good thing when he - like myself even now - would upset the applecart anyway without having to try with one's own opinions. A shame, less goading like the SC Cup Final thread the dig at the Queens in 1 thread and it wouldn't be so bad. If I remember rightly infact, he was pre-modded during the final - as we were all shiteing ourselves at the time :lol: and him celebrating just after HT wasn't helping! - but just never reinstated.

I think it's just his way. If you go and read his blog you'll see he is basically a huge sports fan. I don't think for a minute he wanted QoS to win but for him it must have been a pretty weird day seeing his two favourite teams playing each other in the Scottish Cup Final.

I happen to be a big Czech Republic fan, but had no problems whatsoever supporting Scotland over them.

I am also rather fond of AC Milan, but if Rangers played them, there would be no 'weirdness' - just my usual full blooded support for the Ibrox men.

But this all has what to do with my original thread :P

Sounds like a patronising cunt to me.

Well maybe that's because he's trying to explain things to a mainly American site.

Possibly, but he posted the same way on here.

We are hardly an american site.

Anyway, hes gone now, lets get back to the original topic before Danny takes the huff :ph34r:

On the opening post, there are things on the more political/traditional side I probably wouldn't say for my own safety (that I may say on RM) but at the same time I may also say to gage reaction. I might not say some things if say I was in my Dad's Orange Hall so as not to embarrass him though I may also go say and the same things and embarrass him, just depends if he has integrity at the time, but then I also like to take a step back at times too and listen.

Depends who and their intelligence and passion for football/Rangers of who I'm speaking to but most of the time, my views on the team are spoken in the same way as I would on the forum.

I happen to be a big Czech Republic fan, but had no problems whatsoever supporting Scotland over them.

I am also rather fond of AC Milan, but if Rangers played them, there would be no 'weirdness' - just my usual full blooded support for the Ibrox men.

But this all has what to do with my original thread :P

Sorry Danny, I just got caught up in finding out about Bauba after I noticed D'Artagnan mentioned him.

Back on topic................I agree that "online" fans probably do to tend to be more interested in the affairs of the team and since we have the search tools available it makes the whole forum experience so much more interesting than if we just went to the pub and talked about the club.

bauba also accused the rangers fans of giving racial abuse to mark walters.

I never read about that Minstral, if he stated that then fuck him. :lol:

eric that is true and he said it a few times. (tu)

Kind of goes hand in hand with this thread eh?

If he had mouthed off like that in the stadium he would probably have got a face transplant. :craphead:

But he did it online and got away with it.

Forums are good for exchanging info and keepin the armchair fan knowledgable but nothin beats the meaty gossip you get in the boozer. Course it depends on what boozer ye drink in I guess ! :sherlock:

I stopped going to the pub when they banned smoking.

Now I just get pished in front of the computer and abuse all the mods. :lol:........................ :unsure:................:lol:

Forums are good for exchanging info and keepin the armchair fan knowledgable but nothin beats the meaty gossip you get in the boozer. Course it depends on what boozer ye drink in I guess ! :sherlock:

Or how much booze you consume!!

:harhar: :harhar: :harhar: